Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    Reading this, one question.

What year of the course are you in? My guess is 3rd year of study, and you're under a local authority. I'd obviously be happy to know I'm wrong, but this is my guess based on limited information.
    Yes third year, but I've never had a problem. They've never lost my evidence, always got back to me quickly, always had my money on time (and I loved my second year so much I did it twice :p:, so that's even more attempts they had to get it wrong).

I had infinitely more issues convincing my stepdad to give his income details tha. I ever had with SF.

What about a local authority???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmv22)
    You poor thing, that happened to me last year. How have they messed it up for you? x
    They send back the evidence couple weeks back and now sent me a letter wanting it back ... and after that they needed ,my passport which I sent off yday ...

So I am predicting I will get my money in a month or 2 ..

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a problem with them either. Mine's in 2 days earlier than expected, too.

ReputationRep:
    Ive never had any problems with SF, I think their great! hopefully I will get my money on time!

ReputationRep:
    I havnt sent back my declaration yet, they sent it to my old term time address, but that's my fault really. Bit **** that to get the letter you have to right click and save the GIF.... Why can't they use PDFs like everyone else my due date isn't untill Friday anyway

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a problem with SF either. I put that partly down to applying early and partly down to luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    I havnt sent back my declaration yet, they sent it to my old term time address, but that's my fault really. Bit **** that to get the letter you have to right click and save the GIF.... Why can't they use PDFs like everyone else my due date isn't untill Friday anyway
    They used to use PDF, I think it was causing too much load on the server though so they go rid of them and just kept the GIF version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I dunno for sure, I'm 4 months gone, another 5 months and it'll pop out
    :rofl2::rofl2:

My student finance application hasn't been the best of applications and I've been stressed out so many times worrying about it but I have now received my loans and grants so I'm grateful for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    No, seriously. Got my loan today 2 days early, meaning I got to eat something other than sugar puffs

I see so much hate for SF, but they have never done anything wrong by me. Applications have never taken more than a couple of weeks and this years one took all of 4 days. So I just felt I'd give SF some kudos for doin it right at least some of the time, tell strangers that I R happy because I have money again
    Im really happy for you dont get me wrong but PLEASE dont say god bless them that actually hurts worst than someone kicking another person in the ball sack

ReputationRep:
    got my money on saturday, have not spent a penny yet, still got money from previous loans, grants and bursaries

ReputationRep:
    I am so glad its come through already! I was really panicking that it wouldnt be in on time and i would be forced to extend the overdraft! but 2 days early has made me very happy!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had any problems with them at any stage of the application process, and I too recieved my loan early. It's made me very happy! I spent this morning budgeting, because otherwise I'd be so excited at the prospect of having money that I'd spend it on something huge, and then have to live on tesco value noodles.

ReputationRep:
    Yes third year, but I've never had a problem. They've never lost my evidence, always got back to me quickly, always had my money on time (and I loved my second year so much I did it twice :p:, so that's even more attempts they had to get it wrong).

I had infinitely more issues convincing my stepdad to give his income details tha. I ever had with SF.

What about a local authority???
    Basically, 3rd year students still get dealt with by their local council, and not the centralised office in Darlington. which is what pretty much every complaint on here has been about. This may be why you've experienced a good service though. Is your home actually in York, or another part of the UK?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a passport so dispite applying in april, it took me a little longer because I had to find someone who was a professional who was willing to sign as a countersignature. I found one in August because no one would do it for me, which isn't sf's fault, but they only told after the third time of sending the form off to begin with that the guy who was signing it wasn't acceptable dispite being acceptable for a passport.

ReputationRep:
    *Checks account*
    Maybe I've been paid 8 days early

*drum roll*

Nope Still only have £27! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    Basically, 3rd year students still get dealt with by their local council, and not the centralised office in Darlington. which is what pretty much every complaint on here has been about. This may be why you've experienced a good service though. Is your home actually in York, or another part of the UK?
    Ah I see. No my parent's home is in Liverpool, Sefton specifically for local authority matters (I think).

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. No my parent's home is in Liverpool, Sefton specifically for local authority matters (I think).
    There you go then! It's not actually the main bit of Student Finance England that done the work, rather the local authority.

ReputationRep:
    Haha all this confirmation of attendance didn't apply to me for some reason i got mine today or was it last night. Either way time to buy some Video Games!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.