Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friends don't seem to care that I'm going to uni tomorrow :( watch

ReputationRep:
    None of them have text me or phoned me to say good luck or ask me how I'm feeling about leaving home or ask me how the packing up is going...

Out of my 3 best friends 2 of them aren't going to uni and the other one isn't going until next weekend. I'm actually really really scared and thought they would call me or something but they haven't. Is it because they're not going yet so they can't relate to it or something?

It's quite upset me

ReputationRep:
    Call them yourself and say bye. The one who's going to uni next weekend is probs really busy sorting their own stuff out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, firstly good luck at uni! And secondly i know the feeling, i left for uni last weekend and not one of my friends text/emailed/msned me to ask how i was etc. I think it is because they can't relate or in the case of one of my friends they didnt want to upset me more by asking me. Keep your chin up and remember it's never as bad as it seems. (i've just had an amazing Freshers Week!! And made some amazing friends!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    None of them have text me or phoned me to say good luck or ask me how I'm feeling about leaving home or ask me how the packing up is going...

Out of my 3 best friends 2 of them aren't going to uni and the other one isn't going until next weekend. I'm actually really really scared and thought they would call me or something but they haven't. Is it because they're not going yet so they can't relate to it or something?

It's quite upset me

awwww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I think they might have the view that it is not the end of the world that you may be seperated by a large distance for a few years. You will always be able to see eachother in holidays and on weekends. There is really no need to worry too much about it. They may have forgotten that you are going tomorrow sop i would advise that you phone them and let them know.

ReputationRep:
    Onwards and upwards! Maybe they're jealous you're going somewhere in life?

ReputationRep:
    They probably haven't thought about how you're feeling to be honest. I'm not in Uni yet and I would never have thought that you would be feeling that way until I experience it myself (or I see a thread like this lol). Call them up! And good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Onwards and upwards! Maybe they're jealous your going somewhere in life?
    I agree with this. Some of my 'friends' are barely speaking to me now I'm going to Uni..

Still, you'll get to make lots of new friends!

ReputationRep:
    TSR, where you turn to caring strangers when your friends don't care.

Teehee... :p:

OP they're probably busy themselves. Or just make new friends there lol.

ReputationRep:
    You're off to uni, not on an deep space mission. Why do you need them to ring you up to give you luck? As for saying goodbye, well, it's you who is leaving and so it should be you who is ringing them and saying goodbye/organising leaving drinks etc. You sound a bit up yourself tbh.

ReputationRep:
    They've probably just made their peace that you're leaving and are just giving you time to sort yourself out! Im sure they will text you in a few days to see how you are doing! x

ReputationRep:
    I'd contact them and say bye, or on the way or when you get there just send a text.

It could be loads of reasons; they are sad and don't want to make it worse/show it. They don't think it's a big deal because they're sure you'll speak loads anyway. They don't really know what to say. They are sitting there thinking the same about you. All sorts. Try not to worry too much, worry about keeping friendships going shouldn't be... it should just happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Onwards and upwards! Maybe they're jealous you're going somewhere in life?
    This, especially the second part

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Good luck for uni. I know that this will make it a lot better because nobody will tell me good luck.

:teeth: You should be proud to go to uni because Im not going and Id love to! Its where you get mature!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yurihammo)
    Hey, Good luck for uni. I know that this will make it a lot better because nobody will tell me good luck.

:teeth: You should be proud to go to uni because Im not going and Id love to! Its where you get mature!
    It's where you get mature :lolwut:. TBF, the most mature people I know, are those that left school at 16.....

ReputationRep:

It's quite upset me
    http://images.memegenerator.net/Musi...om-a-forum.jpg

Needed to be said.

ReputationRep:

It's quite upset me
    good luck at uni and I wish you all the best as you are about to embark on a new chapter in your life...

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    oh cry me a river! :rolleyes: how old are you, 8? grow up and grow a pair ffs.

ReputationRep:

It's quite upset me
    Have fun at university dancingshoes10, good luck and have fun. How are you feeling? nervous? Also, hows the packing up going? I got 2 suitcases of stuff packed up at the moment. So uncool of me, lol.

ReputationRep:

It's quite upset me
    Why should they care? You are basically abandoning them and it's the end of your friendship. Once you all are at uni you will make new friends and forget about each other, so what is the point?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.