Turn on thread page Beta

My friends don't seem to care that I'm going to uni tomorrow :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know is having a leaving party as if shes the only one going away, and got pissed at me for not coming because its the date I move.
    I really don't understand why everyone is going to a 'good luck at uni Jenny' party, when they're all moving away themselves. Theyre getting her presents for sods sake.

A group meal with your besties is a nice goodbye imo :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, that's a shame OP I guess the two who aren't going can't really relate, or maybe they're jealous that you're leaving? I wouldn't worry too much, though. You'll get to meet a lot of new people and will be so busy this week - it's hurtful for sure but I bet you'll forget about it pretty soon when you actually get there. Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesla1993)
    I think they might have the view that it is not the end of the world that you may be seperated by a large distance for a few years. You will always be able to see eachother in holidays and on weekends. There is really no need to worry too much about it..
    (Original post by kpwxx)

It could be loads of reasons; they are sad and don't want to make it worse/show it. They don't think it's a big deal because they're sure you'll speak loads anyway. They don't really know what to say. They are sitting there thinking the same about you. All sorts. Try not to worry too much, worry about keeping friendships going shouldn't be... it should just happen.
    You've just summed up how's my relationship with my former roommate. He's a great roommate throughout my undergrad years and I thought we're going to have the formal goodbyes of hugs and all before we left the flat for good, but that didn't happen. He just said: "Well, see you again soon" and we went our own separate ways after graduation. He still contacts me though.

Thought me that hugs are not important I guess lol.

ReputationRep:
    They probably didn't realize it was a big deal,
    still sort of harsh though not to say goodbye, if your going to be staying there. Dont worry, chin up.
    Hopefully you'll make better friends at uni.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think anyone called me up when I left. They will probably see you in December. Its University not the Army.

ReputationRep:
    They might be jealous? I know that the people who didn't go to uni from my friendship group were jealous that we got to go away and get such good experiences, while they were stuck at home.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.