Turn on thread page Beta

Going to theme park and friends don't want to go on any non-rollercoaster rides? watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I loooooooove rollercoasters and it's be awesome whatever... but we're spending ages at the theme park and my friends don't wanna go on any of the non-rollercoaster rides because they say they don't like them.

there will be practically no queues for anything when we go because it's a weekday..

how can i convince them!? the non-rollercoasters are almost as good as the rollercoasters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    Don't get me wrong, I loooooooove rollercoasters and it's be awesome whatever... but we're spending ages at the theme park and my friends don't wanna go on any of the non-rollercoaster rides because they say they don't like them.

there will be practically no queues for anything when we go because it's a weekday..

how can i convince them!? the non-rollercoasters are almost as good as the rollercoasters!
    Don't worry, they'll change their mind when they're inside.

When me and my friends went to Thorpe Park (theme park), before we went they were all like, let's go on the good ones, don't go to the rubbish ones etc etc.

But when you're inside the themepark, you and your friends would just go on everything. We even went on the LAME SLOW RIDES/Kiddy ones just for the fun of it! XD

So yeah, you don't need to convince them

ReputationRep:
    lol if they dont like them, they dont like them. nothing you can do about that

but as you said there won't be that many queues, so you'll burn through the rollercoasters pretty quickly, I'm sure you can convince some of them to come on the rides you want

ReputationRep:
    Lol they're missing out. The barrels at Alton Towers is the funniest ride in the park, fact. They may as well go on all the rides if they've paid for a ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Instincts_2012)

When me and my friends went to Thorpe Park (theme park), before we went they were all like, let's go on the good ones, don't go to the rubbish ones etc etc.

But when you're inside the themepark, you and your friends would just go on everything. We even went on the LAME SLOW RIDES/Kiddy ones just for the fun of it! XD

I agree with this. Especially if it's pretty empty which it probably will be on a weekday at this time of year. If it looks pretty busy you might want to get a fast track ticket if the park does them. But it probably won't be needed.

The rollercoasters will be all dealt with pretty quickly, you'll probably get multiple rides. Me and friends went to thorpe park one october and we went on pretty much everything, although that park is mainly big rides anyway.

I wouldn't stress too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Instincts_2012)

rumba rapids FTW!!!

ok well hopefully it'll work out like this..

ReputationRep:
    go on your own!
    my mates all went on stealth and thorpe park
    so i rocked out on the tea cups and log flumes for hours so much better

ReputationRep:
    once they've been on a rollercoaster or two, they'll want to go on more other rides, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to say I've been on All rides even the swinging boat(technically, not a ride but who cares lol):awesome:

ReputationRep:
    My friends are the opposite, they hate roller coasters and would rather go on the nice tame rides. Well, two of my best friends are. The other two will go on any ride they want. Sometimes the non-rollercoaster rides are better than the roller coaster! If the waltzers go fast enough (the one at the beach near where I live goes really fast, it's better than the roller coaster there for sure) then they're brilliant, and swinging boats are decent as well. Plus, they usually last a fair bit longer than rollercoasters, so it's better. If you can convince them to go onto one good non-rollercoaster ride you'll be able to get them onto others.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Can't you all just go to a tea shop instead?

ReputationRep:
    At least your friends are going on some rides. I went with my friend last year and she wouldn't go on anything, not even the kiddy rides. Im sure once you're there your friends will change their minds, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    someone i know claims they went on oblivion at alton towers 6 times in a row

so there really are nutters who might just tsick to thrill rides.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.