Turn on thread page Beta

This country is full of boring people watch

Does anyone else find that their peers are all but entirely homogenous, interested in football, RnB, getting wrecked in clubs full of identical looking prostitutes, and not much else?

Anyone else think that they would have been happier having been born a century ago, when people were less dull? If enough people agree with this I will present a petition to Mr Cameron to look more closely at time travel research.

I'm conscious of the fact that I've had some wine.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many English friends as I live in London, so I don't find the people dull. I think this might be the case when you go to more English cities, towns and villages though.

ReputationRep:
    At least part of the reason why you think people were less dull a century ago is probably that the ones that are still remembered are mainly the interesting ones. There have always been boring people, and there have always been people who feel lonely and out of place among them.

But of course, the grass is always greener... in this case, a century ago. Ironically, because I'm sure a lot of people think of it as black-and-white, or maybe sort of sepia...

ReputationRep:
    Because you know what's not boring?

Posting a complaint online about how boring people are. No, that's the height of excitement.

Keep living wild, buddy.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone else find that their peers are all but entirely homogenous, interested in football, RnB, getting wrecked in clubs full of identical looking prostitutes, and not much else?

Anyone else think that they would have been happier having been born a century ago, when people were less dull? If enough people agree with this I will present a petition to Mr Cameron to look more closely at time travel research.

some wine, or you had some fine wine? :p:

Dull? You may think its dull but I'd rather you keep it to yourself about it. The fact your anonymous shows there'll be alot of enrage people at your doorstep if you said everyone especially peers that they are 'dull'.

People may think your 'dull'. Just because your interest is different to theirs, doesn't make either side better. It's their life, if they love enjoying what they're doing, let them be.

How does it concern you? Or is it the fact that your not knowledgable in the area of clubs, RnB and football?

Lets put you on the hotspot with you and a person you refer to someone who is dull. The area of question is football? Who is dull now?

Please don't write people off like that. You won't make any friends that way. Keep it to yourself and think what you say. It explains alot why you posted this anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    well I occasionally like getting wrecked in clubs, but I do wish sometimes that I had access to people who were interested in the kind of things I am.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Parties are so formulaic. Even fancy dress and theme parties. Always involves people drinking and talking about football, tv, films, music, work and holidays, occasionally spiced with a "war story" about a fight someone got into or juicy piece of gossip, and ends in snogging with or leering at drunk girls or stepping out of the way of someone's projectile vomit.

Parties should be different to this sometimes. Don't know how. Mystery murder parties, maybe, along that sort of theme.

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** are you to say that?

I argee with you as my hobbies arent liked in this contry except football.

But still you dont have the right to label people boring.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I kinda agree with a troll?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Dull? You may think its dull but I'd rather you keep it to yourself about it. The fact your anonymous shows there'll be alot of enrage people at your doorstep if you said everyone especially peers that they are 'dull'.

People may think your 'dull'. Just because your interest is different to theirs, doesn't make either side better. It's their life, if they love enjoying what they're doing, let them be.

How does it concern you? Or is it the fact that your not knowledgable in the area of clubs, RnB and football?

Lets put you on the hotspot with you and a person you refer to someone who is dull. The area of question is football? Who is dull now?

Please don't write people off like that. You won't make any friends that way. Keep it to yourself and think what you say. It explains alot why you posted this anonymous.
    Why the caps it makes my eyes bleed

ReputationRep:
    It's just your life, OP, not the country. Don't generalise.

ReputationRep:
    you think they're dull, they think you're dull, live and let live as they say, as long as no one is hurting anyone, folks can do what ever makes them happy as far as I'm concerned, clubbing every night, or curled up reading a book, what ever, it's your life, do what you want.

ReputationRep:

what's wrong with being interested in football??! Football makes life so much better and healthy :p:

ReputationRep:

Hypocrisy, thy name is Anonymous 2. Seriously, leave off the attention-seeking big font (It hurts my eyes, I'm tired anyway :mad:), and don't complain about OP being anonymous when you are. Stop trying to troll on a troll thread.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

Although, just my little input, you might not have liked what was considered "cool", and "fashionable" back then either, OP, just because it was cool and fashionable. It's perfectly possible. All those hairstyles look gorgeous on TV, but they'd be even more trouble than straightening your hair every morning, and I can't even be bothered with that! So no doubt I'd have not cared about my clothes or hair back then either, and just picked a few things I liked the look of, even though they weren't fashionable. We idealise the past (I'm very guilty of that, just to say, although not all of it, like World War Two was definitely not beautiful, and not something we need to live again), and we always think the past seems prettier, and the fashions were better. Well, I think that now, but luckily I'm perfectly free to wear 1950's or 1920's dresses if I felt like it (although I have no money for them). Nobody could stop me now. Just be thankful that everytime a good fashion makes way for a new one, you now have another vintage lot you could wear, on top of all the other past fashions. I like it.

ReputationRep:

woah, thought my computer had gone into safe mode for a second there...
    ...then I realised you were telling someone off.

ReputationRep:
    They're 'LADS'!! Having a session full of immense drinking, a tasty kebab, flirting with lots of women, arguing about football and having some 'EPIC banter' is just what they do!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    what's wrong with being interested in football??! Football makes life so much better and healthy :p:
    Wow, where is the place in your picture?

ReputationRep:
    Whether something is boring or not is simply a matter of personal opinion.

No one and everyone in this country is boring. Live with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kattt_452)
    Wow, where is the place in your picture?
    Lysefjorden, Norway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Is it bad that I kinda agree with a troll?
    I do too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.