Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Business IT three weeks ago, no offer yet :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    I applied about two weeks ago Congrats on your offer!
    Oh really?!
    I've signed up and everything, just went to apply and it said I could only apply for the 2010-2011 year :/
    2011-2012 Isn't available for me yet, was yours available straight away then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alejandro)
    Oh really?!
    I've signed up and everything, just went to apply and it said I could only apply for the 2010-2011 year :/
    2011-2012 Isn't available for me yet, was yours available straight away then?
    I didn't even consider accomodation and then they sent me a letter saying take this code or whatever and apply for accomodation now and they said if I decided I don't want to firm Kent they will just cancel my accomodation. You wouldn't be able to apply for 2010-2011 year as that's this year isn't it lol? It'll be Sept/Oct 2011 when we enroll

Don't apply for the 2010-2011 year! That's currently us! (First years) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh yeah, no sorry what I meant is it's only giving me 2010-2011 year to apply to which obviously I don't want to apply to because as you both just rightly said that isn't the right year for me so I'm not sure why 2011-2012 year isn't available for me to apply with yet :/
    I received a welcome letter from kent yesterday with lots of information, including things about accommodation however I didn't see any code ?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh yeah, no sorry what I meant is it's only giving me 2010-2011 year to apply to which obviously I don't want to apply to because as you both just rightly said that isn't the right year for me so I'm not sure why 2011-2012 year isn't available for me to apply with yet :/
    I received a welcome letter from kent yesterday with lots of information, including things about accommodation however I didn't see any code ?
    oo..i'm not sure then? I can only go by what I know, I don't have any friends who've had Kent offers to see if they got the same as me. It's worth asking anyone else with the welcome pack if they got accomodation options too? If not, I'll go find my letter and have a look through for you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's not giving me the 2011/2012 option yet either

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got 2011-2012 accomodation on the site either, I'd assume they just haven't updated yet. My guess is we'll be able to apply in the new year.
    Congratulations on the offer btw! We're on the same course! Have you heard from UEA yet? I remember you being really worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I haven't got 2011-2012 accomodation on the site either, I'd assume they just haven't updated yet. My guess is we'll be able to apply in the new year.
    Congratulations on the offer btw! We're on the same course! Have you heard from UEA yet? I remember you being really worried about it.
    I emailed them regarding applying for accomodation and they said that the link is not active yet and they hope for it to be up and running by the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    I emailed them regarding applying for accomodation and they said that the link is not active yet and they hope for it to be up and running by the end of the week
    How did I do it then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer of ABB for English and American Literature

ReputationRep:
    I just received my first offer today; I'm over the moon. It's for Actuarial Science - 340 UCAS points, including AA (one in Maths obv). Anyone else get an offer for this course recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    Wow, end of the week! :eek:

Thanks for that!

I'm having an actual FML moment. I have an applicant day tomorrow and I seem to have lost my oyster card. Cue me spending £10 I wanted to save on a stupid tube ticket!
    :rolleyes:
    Edit: I found it! I take back my FML! :awesome:
    I'm still ridiculously excited! Can't wait to see Kent! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional for history and politics.

ReputationRep:
    How did I do it then? :confused:

Make sure you received an email from them confirming your application...I applied and I didn't get the email immediately and then forgot about it, thinking maybe it would take a while, and my application somehow got lost in the system and I almost ended up without accommodation! If you're not sure then ring up Kent Hospitality

ReputationRep:
    Got an amazing offer for Italian and Hispanic studies; only need BBC! I wasn't very sure about Kent but it's such a good offer I might have to make it my insurance!

ReputationRep:
    Got a law offer from kent yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    Make sure you received an email from them confirming your application...I applied and I didn't get the email immediately and then forgot about it, thinking maybe it would take a while, and my application somehow got lost in the system and I almost ended up without accommodation! If you're not sure then ring up Kent Hospitality
    Er, I got an email..it said
    Dear Melissa

This message confirms receipt of your application for accommodation with the University of Kent.

We will allocate students to rooms during late August / early September subject to availability and entry conditions and an email will be sent to you in due course, advising you where you can view and accept the offer of accommodation.

In the meantime, if you have any queries with your application please contact the Accommodation Office by email - [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)1227 766660. Alternatively, further information regarding accommodation can be found on our website: www.kent.ac.uk/hospitality

Thank you for your application

regards

Accommodation Office
    University of Kent

Is that the one you mean?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Er, I got an email..it said
    Dear Melissa

This message confirms receipt of your application for accommodation with the University of Kent.

We will allocate students to rooms during late August / early September subject to availability and entry conditions and an email will be sent to you in due course, advising you where you can view and accept the offer of accommodation.

In the meantime, if you have any queries with your application please contact the Accommodation Office by email - [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)1227 766660. Alternatively, further information regarding accommodation can be found on our website: www.kent.ac.uk/hospitality

Thank you for your application

regards

Accommodation Office
    University of Kent

Is that the one you mean?:confused:
    Did you apply for 2011 accommodation? The link still isn't there for me...

I'm so excited! Shall be in Canterbury for my visit day tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Did you apply for 2011 accommodation? The link still isn't there for me...

I'm so excited! Shall be in Canterbury for my visit day tomorrow!
    Yeah, 2011/2012 accomodation. Tell you what, I'm going to save us all this confusion and get off my bum to find the letter they sent me about accomodation

Right, there's a welcome pack and a letter in it..blah blah blah kent offer etc and then on the 2nd side of the letter it has a paragraph saying we strongly advise early booking accomodation at www.kent.ac.uk/accomodation, there is no charge and you can apply straight away (you need not wait until you choose Kent as your first choice.)

So, I looked through the booklet, picked the ones..followed the link, put my number and what not in there and away I went

Hope that clears it up for people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.