The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
i have an interview for creative events tomorow. any tips, im so scared :s-smilie:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by MelissaJayne
Yeah, 2011/2012 accomodation. Tell you what, I'm going to save us all this confusion and get off my bum to find the letter they sent me about accomodation :biggrin:

Right, there's a welcome pack and a letter in it..blah blah blah kent offer etc and then on the 2nd side of the letter it has a paragraph saying we strongly advise early booking accomodation at www.kent.ac.uk/accomodation, there is no charge and you can apply straight away (you need not wait until you choose Kent as your first choice.)

So, I looked through the booklet, picked the ones..followed the link, put my number and what not in there and away I went

Hope that clears it up for people :smile:

I did all that earlier... it's ok though, the link's started working for me now and I didn't have to do anything. Thanks anyway. :smile:
Picked my accommodation.
Basically just picked the cheapest ones haha

Parkwood standard (5 bedroom house)
Parkwood superior (6 bedroom house)
Darwin College room
Darwin College house
Original post by easis
i have an interview for creative events tomorow. any tips, im so scared :s-smilie:

No tips but the best of luck! I'm sure you'll be fine! :smile:
Yesss got an offer for French and History today :smile:

Going to work so hard so I can get in now :biggrin:
Reply 285
Got acknowledged, but want an offer so bad ! Applying to English Lit/Creative Writing with a year abroadddd.
Hello, im applying to Kent too. :h:
Original post by adammmm
Got acknowledged, but want an offer so bad ! Applying to English Lit/Creative Writing with a year abroadddd.

Hello course twin! Good luck!

As I type this, I am on the train to Canterbury! I'm going to get there stupidly early but I'll get to explore the town and I won't be late!
The accomodation link is working for me now :smile:
Original post by diamonddust
Hello course twin! Good luck!

As I type this, I am on the train to Canterbury! I'm going to get there stupidly early but I'll get to explore the town and I won't be late!

How was it? :smile:
Got invited to interview today :smile:
Reply 291
I think (and obviously really, really hope) that I was given an offer today..

I had an interview for History of Art - which involved no questions surrounding the subject at all - and at the end of it my interviewer somewhat vaguely said that I'd been accepted. Fingers crossed it shows up on Track soon, then!
Reply 292
just applied for my accomodation! :smile:
Original post by jaydemikaela
How was it? :smile:

It was great! I think it's safe to say I loved Kent- more than I thought I would, actually!
The uni campus is beautiful, my course looks great, the people are friendly and I saw some rather hot guys too! :tongue:

Rather annoyed at myself for picking accommodation already! Tyler Court looks amazing! Though really, I know I picked the right place (Parkwood). I can't afford Tyler Court!

I almost wish I didn't like it/Kent asked for higher grades because it's going to be my insurance and I really liked it!
Anyone know if you can apply for accommodation if you haven't firmed yet? I think I will be going there but my other unis haven't got back to me.

It was great! I think it's safe to say I loved Kent- more than I thought I would, actually!
The uni campus is beautiful, my course looks great, the people are friendly and I saw some rather hot guys too! :tongue:

Rather annoyed at myself for picking accommodation already! Tyler Court looks amazing! Though really, I know I picked the right place (Parkwood). I can't afford Tyler Court!

I almost wish I didn't like it/Kent asked for higher grades because it's going to be my insurance and I really liked it!

It's such a lovely campus especially in the summer! When I went for the open day it was so lovely to just sit on the field and relax :smile:
Glad I picked Tyler now, woo! Excited. :biggrin:
Reply 296
Just applied for parkwood flats :awesome: Woo...
(edited 13 years ago)
Tyler Court is amazing, but so expensive! Bit of a trek to some lectures too (then so is Parkwood I suppose :p:). The Parkwood Flats are also awesome. :top:
I haven't got 2011-2012 accomodation on the site either, I'd assume they just haven't updated yet. My guess is we'll be able to apply in the new year.
Congratulations on the offer btw! We're on the same course! Have you heard from UEA yet? I remember you being really worried about it.

Thank you ! :biggrin:
And noo I haven't heard from them yet :/
I'm not pinning my hopes on it though because I very much doubt they'll look at me with my predicted grades :frown: But it would be amazing if they did consider me!
I really adore the course at Kent now, and was so happy to receive an offer, so I would be pretty happy at Kent :smile:
What do you think of Kent, I think I saw you say in a later post in this thread that you was visiting the uni today? (Hope it all went okay :smile: )

Oh only just saw this haha! Glad you liked Kent :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending