Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Physics

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to the openday/ interview on the 23rd of feb?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for the 9th of Feb for English ! So nervous !

ReputationRep:
    Law

ReputationRep:
    Computer science I have an interview on 17th feb, can't wait to have a look around

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Kent a while back, applied for accomodation and all that. But to be honest, it's about my third or fourth choice! So, there's one more spot for everyone else at least

Ooo interview days? :teeth:
    Will keep an eye out for you

Though I'm not here 17th Feb. I have to go home for a bit.

(Original post by Reggiee)
    I've applied for Forensic Science
    You will love it! Amazing course. Though I will be doing different stuffs next year. I'm loving being in with the Forensic scientists atm :grin:
    Just beware of the few crappy 1st term modules :p: but the rest are just, wow!

Where are people applying for accomadation then?

Happy to help give views on Tyler A and Elliot College (and Rutherford college too seeing as they are spitting image buildings!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    You will love it! Amazing course. Though I will be doing different stuffs next year. I'm loving being in with the Forensic scientists atm :grin:
    Just beware of the few crappy 1st term modules :p: but the rest are just, wow!

Where are people applying for accomadation then?

Happy to help give views on Tyler A and Elliot College (and Rutherford college too seeing as they are spitting image buildings!)

I've been to the uni open day and I absolutely love the department and the tutors! the course seems amazing and facilities are not bad. But I am still choosing my first choice and reserve Its pretty hard to decide which two to put down :/

I've been to the uni open day and I absolutely love the department and the tutors! the course seems amazing and facilities are not bad. But I am still choosing my first choice and reserve Its pretty hard to decide which two to put down :/
    Not promoting Kent or anything just giving you information which will help your future; Kent is the only uni double accredited for Forensic Science so your job aspects at the end would be very good.

I agree facilities could be better but team in the department are amazing! The lecturers and module conveners will push you to work hard but without making you do too much if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Not promoting Kent or anything just giving you information which will help your future; Kent is the only uni double accredited for Forensic Science so your job aspects at the end would be very good.

I agree facilities could be better but team in the department are amazing! The lecturers and module conveners will push you to work hard but without making you do too much if that makes sense?
    woo that seems good
    tbh Kent was my first choice, but their offer puts me down a bit
    they require 300 UCAS points, including BC in two science subjects.
    which is basically a minimum of ABC.
    I think I can get an A in maths and a C in Chemistry, but I am not very sure about the B :/ and I am not doing very well in biology atm which really worries me :/

Keele and Hull, which I've also applied to (but with Criminology), offer lower requirements, and seems fantastic - Keele's course a wide range of topics within FS and Criminology and Hull's good for Chemistry.

I REALLY CANT CHOOSE

ReputationRep:
    woo that seems good
    I think I can get an A in maths and a C in Chemistry, but I am not very sure about the B :/ and I am not doing very well in biology atm which really worries me :/

Keele and Hull, which I've also applied to (but with Criminology), offer lower requirements, and seems fantastic - Keele's course a wide range of topics within FS and Criminology and Hull's good for Chemistry.

I REALLY CANT CHOOSE
    You can also use ucas points for your 4th AS level that you took? (assuming you took one ) It's worth half the A level

ReputationRep:
    Applied to two courses and just got both offers at ABB
    Courses were: English and American Literature with Creative Writing + the other course is exactly the same just with an approved year abroad! (:

So happy - it's my first choice!!

woo that seems good

I REALLY CANT CHOOSE
    Its coz its the best one in the country. As mentioned AS's count as well. BBDb was 310 points so its not massively difficult. I'm happy to help with biology if you like too

But its your call. Just make sure you're happy with your decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PartumAnimus)
    Applied to two courses and just got both offers at ABB
    Courses were: English and American Literature with Creative Writing + the other course is exactly the same just with an approved year abroad! (:

So happy - it's my first choice!!
    Congratulations! I got an offer for English and American Lit with CW and a year abroad too. :five:

ReputationRep:
    computer science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanaynay)
    computer science
    A female doing computer science yayy. Not many do for some reason :/

ReputationRep:
    Politics and International Relations with French!!!! (Unconditional!! )
    Can't wait! What accommodation has everyone chosen? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c2010)
    Can't wait! What accommodation has everyone chosen? xxx
    I'm going to apply for accommodation tomorrow, hopefully. Quite keen on Parkwood and Darwin Houses at this point! Definitely going to go for self-catering, just weighing up the pros/cons between flats and houses now.. But Tyler Court seems a little too expensive

What about you? Applied already?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied at Kent and I hope they accept me.
    Hull seems kinda strict on me though. :sigh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.