Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by cherrycola32
Thank you! The website is pretty useless, if I hadn't visited kent, I would not have a clue!

Just had another reply from the hospitality team - if choosing Darwin Houses it's possible to specify which bedroomed house you'd prefer in the 'other accommodation requests' section, though it's not guaranteed you'll get what you asked for!

You may have already finished applying for accommodation but I thought I'd put it on here just in case :rolleyes:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by saaail
Just had another reply from the hospitality team - if choosing Darwin Houses it's possible to specify which bedroomed house you'd prefer in the 'other accommodation requests' section, though it's not guaranteed you'll get what you asked for!

You may have already finished applying for accommodation but I thought I'd put it on here just in case :rolleyes:

They expect us to know that?? :rolleyes:
Reply 442
Original post by diamonddust
They expect us to know that?? :rolleyes:

It's strange how little information there is about accommodation! Particularly about Darwin, I mean I know there aren't as many houses there as there are in Parkwood but how on earth are we meant to make an informed decision about any of the accomm. with such sparse information.. It'd be nice for photographs of the rooms, too :redface:
Reply 443
Original post by saaail
Nice plans! I was lucky enough to go to India a few years ago.. Quite a culture shock - and I stayed in the 'touristy' part! - but an amazing country to visit.

It does seem early, I know! But I received all of my offers back before Christmas, and I've been thinking so much about it these past few weeks.. I can't count how many pros/cons lists I've made recently about all of my options! At this point I'm getting wound up by the smallest, most trivial points.. :redface: Have you gotten all of your offers back yet? I sent my application off ridiculous early ha I was so nervous

My offer is just BB (or 300 points including BB at A-Level) which doesn't seem too bad, eh? My head of sixth form is being really snobby about my offer, saying that I'll be selling myself short, but Kent has the overall package for me.. Decent campus, great department and a beeeautiful town and area!

Yeah, I went a couple of years ago too! :smile: I went o Mumbai to do charity work and I'm going back again! I can't wait!! :biggrin: Whereabouts did you stay?

I did my UCAS last year and then deferred, so I don't need to worry about UCAS, I can remember how stressful it was though! :frown:
Yeah, that's a good offer! Some of my friends aimed really high and didn't do as well as they'd wanted and so ended up getting in, so I would definitely choose something comfortable over something you don't think you'd get. Plus, Canterbury is amazing!! And I've heard loads of good stuff recently about Kent in the media and stuff! xx
Reply 444
Original post by Ness55
I got an offer today for Politics and International Relations with Spanish :smile: ABB !! :biggrin: Is anyone doing the same course ?

Hii!! I'll be doing the same but with French!! :biggrin: xx
Reply 445
ive got an offer for accounting and finance, they want ABB.

is Kent university a nice place, and is it a good university, as i saw that the average ucas tarriff points for Kent isnt really that high. Ive also heard people from Kent are quite posh, is that true
Original post by saaail
My offer is just BB (or 300 points including BB at A-Level) which doesn't seem too bad, eh? My head of sixth form is being really snobby about my offer, saying that I'll be selling myself short, but Kent has the overall package for me.. Decent campus, great department and a beeeautiful town and area!

If that is how you feel about Kent, then you definitely should go about it. I was told the same thing the whole time after I firmed Kent, and told I should go for a better course in clearing when I got my grades, but in the end - Kent is where I am, and would have been happiest, so I think that is much more important!

Hope your whole accommodation application process goes smoothly - and you get any help you need from UKC - The accommodation website really is pants!
Reply 447
Original post by c2010
Some of my friends aimed really high and didn't do as well as they'd wanted and so ended up getting in, so I would definitely choose something comfortable over something you don't think you'd get.

Yeah, I took a chance and aimed kind of mid-field in the hopes of definitely securing a place somewhere! Certain acquaintances are now waiting desperately to hear back from their "I'm so sure I'll get into Oxbridge" fall back universities.. and others have now come to realise that they don't actually like any of the places they applied to. Very happy with my offer and very happy with the idea of studying at Kent, too! :tongue:

Original post by beffnee
If that is how you feel about Kent, then you definitely should go about it. I was told the same thing the whole time after I firmed Kent, and told I should go for a better course in clearing when I got my grades, but in the end - Kent is where I am, and would have been happiest, so I think that is much more important!

Hope your whole accommodation application process goes smoothly - and you get any help you need from UKC - The accommodation website really is pants!

The accommodation website is appalling, but they were very kind in answering my questions so fingers crossed I've made the right decision. Ah well, a room's a room! May I ask where you live/d on campus?

My head of sixth form keeps mentioning the 'adjustment' period or whatever it's called - where you're able to shop around for a higher offer at a better university if you exceed your firm offer.. But I feel happy with Kent at this point, and quite secure in my choice. It's obviously a kind of hypothetical happiness and I could end up hating the place.. Let's think positively, though :rolleyes:
OOOH got an offer for actuarial science, I need 2 A's :smile: It's tricky becuase it's my "hardest" offer to acheive, but it does offer a year in industry, hmmmm.....
Reply 449
Original post by Joesloper
Physics :smile:

My brother does Phys with Astro at Kent and LOVES it.
Original post by saaail
The accommodation website is appalling, but they were very kind in answering my questions so fingers crossed I've made the right decision. Ah well, a room's a room! May I ask where you live/d on campus?

My head of sixth form keeps mentioning the 'adjustment' period or whatever it's called - where you're able to shop around for a higher offer at a better university if you exceed your firm offer.. But I feel happy with Kent at this point, and quite secure in my choice. It's obviously a kind of hypothetical happiness and I could end up hating the place.. Let's think positively, though :rolleyes:

I'm in Tyler C. I hadn't actually visited Kent when I applied for my accommodation so I picked the one that looked nicest in the rubbish videos, haha.

In all honesty, I considered using the adjustment system on results day - I had been expecting A*AB as my grades (with the B possibly being lower), so was looking at places with AAB offers. My offer for Kent meant that I could get a U in my third subject because it was a points-based offer... So people told me that I was selling myself short... But in hindsight - and I hadn't been as sure of Kent as you seem to be, because I had originally put it down just to fill up spaces, haha, but then decided I didn't like my other offers - I think it was the best decision I could have made. Canterbury really is a lovely city, and the campus has such a nice, safe feel to it. I've yet to feel unsafe whilst I've been there, and of all the people I've met - even just those I've spoken to for a few minutes a bar - I've yet to meet one who has not been a nice person!

If you have any questions about Kent, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help!
(edited 13 years ago)
Got my Kent offer for Psychology - AAB... slightly worried about the grades but hoping i'll make them, will have to wait till results day in March before firming Kent.
Anyone else firming Kent for Psychology?

Just wondering about accomodation though, how are we meant to fill out our accomodation information? I haven't recieved anything about it from the uni...
Also if there's anyone who went to Kent, what is it like sharing a bathroom? I'm torn between en-suite and shared...

Thanks!!
Reply 452
Original post by asha_patel
Just wondering about accomodation though, how are we meant to fill out our accomodation information? I haven't recieved anything about it from the uni...

Applications for accommodation are done online - head over to the accomm. website and there should be a link on the side for 2011/12 applications :rolleyes:
Got my Kent offer for Psychology - AAB... slightly worried about the grades but hoping i'll make them, will have to wait till results day in March before firming Kent.
Anyone else firming Kent for Psychology?

Also if there's anyone who went to Kent, what is it like sharing a bathroom? I'm torn between en-suite and shared...

Thanks!!

Me me me! Finally someone doing the same course :smile: ... I'm a bit worried about getting the grades as well, it's gonna be hard work and my school doesn't do exams in January so all my A2 units are in June ahh! what did you get in your AS's? & What subjects do you do?
I went to a visit day the other week, it was lovely! Have you received your welcome pack, all accommodation details are on there! :smile:
Original post by needssomehelpplease
Me me me! Finally someone doing the same course :smile: ... I'm a bit worried about getting the grades as well, it's gonna be hard work and my school doesn't do exams in January so all my A2 units are in June ahh! what did you get in your AS's? & What subjects do you do?
I went to a visit day the other week, it was lovely! Have you received your welcome pack, all accommodation details are on there! :smile:

Ahhh someone else doing Psychology at Kent :biggrin: Is your offer the same, AAB?
Ohhh, ouch, i've just done Unit 3, and i'm pretty glad about it. Much prefer to do one in Jan and one in June, atleast that way i sort of know what grades i'll get.
AS subjects were eng lit, psychology, spanish, history and geography.
Spanish i got an A, eng lit and psychology were both B's (i was one mark off an A in both :angry:), geography was a C and history was a D. I actually also just re-took a history unit...
What subjects are you doing?
Mmm, not sure if i've got a welcome pack or not, i'm studying in Spain but all my uni stuff goes to London, will have to call home and see if they've got it...
I visited the uni over the summer and i just loved it!! It was all so beautiful, lol. I can't wait to go back!!
Reply 455
Anyone else got an English Language and Linguistics offer? :ninja:
I've applied for Biochemistry, and I have an interview this Wensday, I'm so nervous :s-smilie:! any advices? hope your application are going fine! :biggrin:
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has heard of these 'special interviews'? Someone mentioned to me that my interview on Wednesday for Law may be one. Anyone had any experience of these/know of them?
Just got an offer. Drama and Theatre Studies - AAB! Soo happy! :smile:
Reply 459
I have an unconditional offer from Kent, studying Psychology in September :smile:

I applied for accommodation in December and went for Tyler Court A as my preference. Having found some pictures and researched, I feel it's the best one for me. It seems plenty big enough and although it is very expensive for what it is, all of the ensuite/self catered ones are really. Tyler A is the cheapest I believe?

Has anyone had any problems in Tyler A?

Thanks for any help. :smile:

Quick Reply