The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Went to the applicant day the other day, what a beautiful day to go on campus... can not wait to go to Kent. Getting sooooo excited, god knows how I'm gonna cope in the summer :P
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I got my exam timetable in the post earlier. The first exam is in just over two months, I suddenly felt really nervous.

Then I realised, this means just over 2 months until I get 4 months of freedom!
Then I realised providing all goes will, this means not long at all until Kent
Then I realised I had better start revising.. oop
Original post by beffnee
There is a "Reading Week" for a lot of modules, but not all, around the end of October, beginning of November, yes.

HOWEVER, if your modules are from different departments and schools, the chances are, your week off will not coincide, so you won't be able to go home. For example, for me, I had "Reading Week" for two of my modules one week, and for the others, the week after, meaning I had no lectures/seminars on certain days, but did the rest of the week so still had to be there.

Ahh, ok. Thank you so much!
Reply 783
Firmed :cool:
Original post by yesioo
Firmed :cool:

Ah awesome, what made you decide in the end?
Reply 785
Ah awesome, what made you decide in the end?

I tossed a coin. :ahee:

It came up UEA the first time...felt the need to toss again. :laugh: I really do love the city and I can see myself going there!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yesioo
I tossed a coin. :ahee:

Ah nice one it is a good way of doing things :smile: Helps you realise your best instinc I think
Reply 787
Ah nice one it is a good way of doing things Helps you realise your best instinc I think

Definitely. In 3 years time we'll hopefully be graduating in the Cathedral :wink:
Original post by yesioo
Definitely. In 3 years time we'll hopefully be graduating in the Cathedral :wink:

I'm focusing more on in 6 months time us, and others on this thread, shall all have to go for a drink :biggrin:

Have you applied for accommodation yet?
Reply 789
I'm focusing more on in 6 months time us, and others on this thread, shall all have to go for a drink

Have you applied for accommodation yet?

For sure! Only 6 months?!...I seriously need to get cracking with the revision :emo:

I have applied for accommodation. Tyler Court A, Park Wood flat (en-suite), Park Wood room in 5 and Park Wood room in 6.

The costs are so depressing :laugh:

What about you?
Original post by yesioo
For sure! Only 6 months?!...I seriously need to get cracking with the revision :emo:

I have applied for accommodation. Tyler Court A, Park Wood flat (en-suite), Park Wood room in 5 and Park Wood room in 6.

The costs are so depressing :laugh:

What about you?

Yeah I know what you mean! I applied to Parkwood 6 bed, Parkwood 5 bed, Darwin houses and Darwin flats.
These are the cheapest accomodations, yet they are more expensive than the best en-suites at UEA!
I had best start saving money I think!
Reply 791
Yeah I know what you mean! I applied to Parkwood 6 bed, Parkwood 5 bed, Darwin houses and Darwin flats.
These are the cheapest accomodations, yet they are more expensive than the best en-suites at UEA!

To be honest I wish I applied for the cheaper accommodation...I'm sort of hoping I end up in a Park Wood room. On the other hand, I like my home comforts and I'd rather cling to my own bathroom for a year and get used to the idea of sharing! :ahee:

God me too. I'm trying to find out how much the year abroad is going to cost so I can determine how poor I'm going to be for the next 2 years. :laugh:
Original post by yesioo
To be honest I wish I applied for the cheaper accommodation...I'm sort of hoping I end up in a Park Wood room. On the other hand, I like my home comforts and I'd rather cling to my own bathroom for a year and get used to the idea of sharing! :ahee:

God me too. I'm trying to find out how much the year abroad is going to cost so I can determine how poor I'm going to be for the next 2 years. :laugh:

Ah I was never bothered about the lack of ensuite to begin with :smile:

Random question: What is the flag next to your postcount from?
Original post by asha_patel
Ahh, ok. Thank you so much!

No problem! Glad I could help (: Feel free to quote me or message me if you have any more questions about UKC and I'll do my best to help if I can!

(This goes for any of you, too)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 794
Ah I was never bothered about the lack of ensuite to begin with

You'll be saving yourself a small fortune! :redface:

That flag is the flag of Devon! :teeth:
Original post by yesioo
You'll be saving yourself a small fortune! :redface:

That flag is the flag of Devon! :teeth:

Oh that's pretty cool :smile:
I never knew there was a flag of Devon, I take it it is similar to the Cornish flag?
Reply 796
Oh that's pretty cool
I never knew there was a flag of Devon, I take it it is similar to the Cornish flag?

:thumbsup:

The Cornish flag is black and white...like their souls...
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Ah I was never bothered about the lack of ensuite to begin with :smile:

I am disgusted you did not know the amazing flag of where t'e Devonians 'ail

What about college accomadation? (Namely Eliot and Rutherford)
Thats the cheapest. Not great accomadation, but good if you don't like cooking...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Loz17
I am disgusted you did not know the amazing flag of where t'e Devonians 'ail

What about college accomadation? (Namely Eliot and Rutherford)
Thats the cheapest. Not great accomadation, but good if you don't like cooking...

Lol, sorry :colondollar:

Yes, I was unclear. I mean in terms of self catered accommodation :smile:
Lol, sorry :colondollar:

Yes, I was unclear. I mean in terms of self catered accommodation :smile:

Ah I see :smile:

Darwin is best if you want to be on Main campus. If not Parkwood is awesome so thats where its at. Thats basically the party place pretty much all year....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending