Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Lol, sorry

Yes, I was unclear. I mean in terms of self catered accommodation
    Ah I see

Darwin is best if you want to be on Main campus. If not Parkwood is awesome so thats where its at. Thats basically the party place pretty much all year....

Am I the only person who put Tyler Court B & C as their first choice then haha?
    I come from a "low income family", but I am quite lucky in that I have a little inheritance saved that I'm planning to use for university, so I figured I'd spend my first and possibly only year on campus in nice accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StefanieLouise)
    I come from a "low income family", but I am quite lucky in that I have a little inheritance saved that I'm planning to use for university, so I figured I'd spend my first and possibly only year on campus in nice accommodation.
    I'm from a low income family too, in the second band for loan/bursary, so although I will receive more from student finance than most, my parents arn't in a position to help me with much cash. Considering I may be unable to find a job for a while, I would rather have money to live reasonably well in terms of food and going out etc.

Fair enough if you have inheritance though. My modest savings could cover the extra cost, but I think I would rather have them there if I needed money than risk debt.

Mostly though, I'm not that bothered about having more creature comforts.

Oh, from what I can remember, on my tour they did say those are the most competitive accom, so consider yourself lucky many people do not seem to be applying, more chance of success yourself

ReputationRep:
    I put it as a second choice and park wood flats as first
    To be honest, that's the way I looked at it - wanted to have somewhere nice to live for the first year on campus, want to be as comfortable as possible because I'm so far away from home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)
    No problem! Glad I could help (: Feel free to quote me or message me if you have any more questions about UKC and I'll do my best to help if I can!

(This goes for any of you, too)
    Thank you. Just firmed Kent so i'm sure to come up with about a thousand more questions now!!!

ReputationRep:
    have soooo much fun guys...my time is up!

ReputationRep:
    I did too. I just thought I'd rather have my own bathroom etc for privacy and when people come to stay and stuff it's just more convenient.

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing the UCAS visit day on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody, I'm Mathilde and I'm french. Next year I'll be going to Kent's University as an ERASMUS student, so I'm already looking for accomodation. I will be in psychology btw!
    I heard about on-campus accommodation, park wood houses for six looks great, but I can't find many other information about other accomodation.

I anybody have any advise about a good flat/house to share or anything near Kent, I would love some help! That would be lovely!

Thank you

Mathilde.

After talking with my parents today they've decided to inform me that they'd rather pay for my train tickets then have to drive around the M25 to get to Canterbury. Looks like I'll be arriving alone then. :P But my question is, does anyone know what time you can pick up keys on the day you arrive? Because unless I pay £105 for my train ticket, I'm going to be arriving at around half 8 in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    It was 12pm when I lived on campus two years ago. It may have changed since then though!

Oh dear haha. I had a feeling it would be around 11/12ish. Damn my stubborn folks!

ReputationRep:
    offer : G100 math ABC

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, there are plenty of cafes and bars around campus, you could sit in the Gulbenkian and have some breakfast and a cup of coffee until 12ish, or maybe call the Uni once you know where you're living and see if there's any way to get a key early, sometimes they're nice and let students in early because of situations like yours.

ReputationRep:
    After talking with my parents today they've decided to inform me that they'd rather pay for my train tickets then have to drive around the M25 to get to Canterbury. Looks like I'll be arriving alone then. :P But my question is, does anyone know what time you can pick up keys on the day you arrive? Because unless I pay £105 for my train ticket, I'm going to be arriving at around half 8 in the morning.
    I think it is about half 8-9 now. I left mine before 8 and got my keys straight away when I got there, which was at about that time. There were not many helpers around at that time, but I wanted to be there early to get settled before meeting my flatmates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathilde63)
    Hi everybody, I'm Mathilde and I'm french. Next year I'll be going to Kent's University as an ERASMUS student, so I'm already looking for accomodation. I will be in psychology btw!
    I heard about on-campus accommodation, park wood houses for six looks great, but I can't find many other information about other accomodation.

I anybody have any advise about a good flat/house to share or anything near Kent, I would love some help! That would be lovely!

Thank you

Mathilde.
    The catered accomodation looked terrible, the rooms were tiny compared to parkwood and there wasn't even a real kitchen just a microwave and a fridge. If you go with on campus accomodation I'd really recommend parkwood or the other self catered stuff. It's quite expensive though at £85+ per week even for the 5 person park wood accomodation which is cheapest of the self catered.

ReputationRep:
    Reading all this is getting me well excited now ! Everyone meeting up for a drink sounds a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam1992)
    I feel exactly the same, Last day at school before study leave tomorrow!!!!
    Your so lucky to get study leave we're kept in college until the last exam! I stupidly worked out I've only got 28 days of college left then it's uni time:eek:

You have the wait yet :p:

I can't wait til next term. I wonder if I'll be moving any of you in

ReputationRep:
    Going by the smilie at the end of the sentence I'm sure moving in with you would be an experience haha :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.