University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by jaydemikaela
Yeah if I get the grades :smile:

Ah nice :smile: Well like i said to Redrose, if you need any help/ got any questions about the course etc im in my first year already and ill be happy to help! Also if you do accounts A level and you get stuck just feel free to PM me!

All the best :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Bgreen91
Ah nice :smile: Well like i said to Redrose, if you need any help/ got any questions about the course etc im in my first year already and ill be happy to help! Also if you do accounts A level and you get stuck just feel free to PM me!

All the best :smile:

Great thank you :biggrin:
Original post by funkysha

Hello :smile: I'm an international student too and currently studying in Kent. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

Hey, Saw this post and thought I could speak with someone about the uni of kent ?

I am thinking about studying at the uni of kent but am a bit put off by the nightlife - although i know its not all were there for :smile:!

Im from Portsmouth which id say is a pretty overpopulated but small city, full of things to do. However, its a bit rough round here lol, but im kinda used to it so dont mind!
Original post by BellaSummer
Hey, Saw this post and thought I could speak with someone about the uni of kent ?

I am thinking about studying at the uni of kent but am a bit put off by the nightlife - although i know its not all were there for :smile:!

Im from Portsmouth which id say is a pretty overpopulated but small city, full of things to do. However, its a bit rough round here lol, but im kinda used to it so dont mind!

What part of it is making you feel put off?
Original post by cinnamon442

What part of it is making you feel put off?

I suppose where i'm used to living in a busy city, i'd be a bit worried Kent would be a little too quiet for me, as i've heard the nightlife isn't all that great. This is just based on what I have read though.
I suppose where i'm used to living in a busy city, i'd be a bit worried Kent would be a little too quiet for me, as i've heard the nightlife isn't all that great. This is just based on what I have read though.

Well, I live in London and the nightlife is nothing compared to that, but it's still pretty good. There's a choice of three nightclubs and while they only stay open until 2am, you'll find that with studying, you can still go out, stay the whole night and get up for classes in the morning. As well as that, they have all sorts of theme nights, foam parties, free giveaways and drinks promotions that make it way more fun. :smile: It depends on who you ask, though. For me, I think the nightlife is pretty good. But people who are into different sorts of music will say different as the clubs pretty much only cater for mainstream.

Well, I live in London and the nightlife is nothing compared to that, but it's still pretty good. There's a choice of three nightclubs and while they only stay open until 2am, you'll find that with studying, you can still go out, stay the whole night and get up for classes in the morning. As well as that, they have all sorts of theme nights, foam parties, free giveaways and drinks promotions that make it way more fun. :smile: It depends on who you ask, though. For me, I think the nightlife is pretty good. But people who are into different sorts of music will say different as the clubs pretty much only cater for mainstream.

Ah thanks! That's really helpful :smile: The clubs round here also shut at 2, apart from one which every now and again stays open till 5. I'd say i'm the kinda person who doesn't have a specific type of music that I like, so thats good as far as Kent nightlife goes.

If you don't mind me asking, what year at uni are you in ? And what is it that your studying?

Sorry to randomly but in, but i was wondering what time do people start going out around there?

It's just that i live in Spain and we don't start going to clubs until around 12/1 and they close at like 6/7.... So hearing that the clubs close at 2 was a bit of a shock!
Reply 908

Original post by asha_patel
Sorry to randomly but in, but i was wondering what time do people start going out around there?

It's just that i live in Spain and we don't start going to clubs until around 12/1 and they close at like 6/7.... So hearing that the clubs close at 2 was a bit of a shock!

I quite enjoy the night life at Kent, but then again like cinnamon442 said, it really depends on who you talk to and what music you're into. The club on campus isn't huge, but it's really not too bad. Many people might say they don't like it, but they all end up going there anyway :P It's close and convenient for people who live on campus. There are 2 other clubs in the city and those are bigger than the one on campus. All three of them have different themes and many people go all out in their costumes, so it can be a lot of fun. Entry is usually 5 pounds and you can even get drink promotions.

People usually start going out around 9:30-10:00 Even I was used to the idea of people going at 12/1, but since it closes at 2 there's really no point going so late! I think the overall night life isn't too bad, but that's just me :P
Original post by asha_patel

It depends on what kind of night is on. Stuff like Pop Ya Cherry, people get there from about 9pm - 10pm but for Venue it's about 10pm - 10:30pm usually. But if someone like Zane Lowe is DJing then you have to get there from 9pm to avoid queues and actually get in. :smile:

I quite enjoy the night life at Kent, but then again like cinnamon442 said, it really depends on who you talk to and what music you're into. The club on campus isn't huge, but it's really not too bad. Many people might say they don't like it, but they all end up going there anyway :P It's close and convenient for people who live on campus. There are 2 other clubs in the city and those are bigger than the one on campus. All three of them have different themes and many people go all out in their costumes, so it can be a lot of fun. Entry is usually 5 pounds and you can even get drink promotions.

People usually start going out around 9:30-10:00 Even I was used to the idea of people going at 12/1, but since it closes at 2 there's really no point going so late! I think the overall night life isn't too bad, but that's just me :P

It doesn't sound all that bad then! I've just heard how quiet it is, but surely if there's two uni's there, it must be full of students?! Would you say there's a good mixture of people, including a mix of girls and boys?
if anyone has any questions give me a shout, been a local lad for 25+ years and currently a student. quote me though as its likley i wont be checking :smile:
PG : MSc Digital Visual Effects ,,

anyone joined this course :smile:
HIYA :biggrin:
well, I wrote on this thread aaaaaaaaaaages ago when I first had my offer from Kent! I firmed Kent quite a while ago for Architecture... anyone else firmed for architecture?! I'm so excited after reading all these.. i'm just praying that they will be leniant on the grades cos atm im not going to get 340 ucas points (seeing as i got a U in my as level, and therefore have to get a*bb or aab! aaaaaah)

I've accepted tyler court b&c as my first choice, and darwin houses as my second, and keynes extention as my third, and parkwood houses as my fourth!
aaaaah just getting excited typing this!
oh and i'm a girl, from london! :smile:
Business Administration sandwich year
i'm very glad and looking forward for september 2011!
Reply 915
http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Kent-Official-Freshers-2011-12/205894322769969

Found this - freshers group for people to join! Usually very handy to be a part of.
Original post by dvtrainis
HIYA :biggrin:
well, I wrote on this thread aaaaaaaaaaages ago when I first had my offer from Kent! I firmed Kent quite a while ago for Architecture... anyone else firmed for architecture?! I'm so excited after reading all these.. i'm just praying that they will be leniant on the grades cos atm im not going to get 340 ucas points (seeing as i got a U in my as level, and therefore have to get a*bb or aab! aaaaaah)

I've accepted tyler court b&c as my first choice, and darwin houses as my second, and keynes extention as my third, and parkwood houses as my fourth!
aaaaah just getting excited typing this!
oh and i'm a girl, from london! :smile:

Well good luck! I hope you achieve the grades you want! I too have an offer from kent uni, have yet to reply to my uni offers but will have to very soon. I think i'll be firming Kent as well!
I'm afraid I wont be studying Architecture, Sociology is what I hope to study.
I too put tyler court as my first and second choice. I think I chose Darwin Houses third and cant remember the fourth.
What uni have you put for your insurance ?
And im from Portsmouth :smile:
Reply 917
Midlands boy 'firmed' for Film Studies, with Darwin College as first choice accommodation. Anyone else?

Can't wait for September! I took a 'gap yah' (sorry, can't help myself :tongue:) and have visited a lot of my friends at Uni between working two part-time jobs. It's made me less anxious about it, just really excited; even impatient! :biggrin: Gonna throw caution to the wind and just get stuck in and get involved with as much as possible when I finally get there!

The rest of my details are on my profile. Feel free to add/PM me! :smile:

Cheers,

J
Original post by jamie511
Midlands boy 'firmed' for Film Studies, with Darwin College as first choice accommodation. Anyone else?

Can't wait for September! I took a 'gap yah' (sorry, can't help myself :tongue:) and have visited a lot of my friends at Uni between working two part-time jobs. It's made me less anxious about it, just really excited; even impatient! :biggrin: Gonna throw caution to the wind and just get stuck in and get involved with as much as possible when I finally get there!

The rest of my details are on my profile. Feel free to add/PM me! :smile:

Cheers,

J

maybe i will choose Darwin College first but i don't know yet! :wink:
Well good luck! I hope you achieve the grades you want! I too have an offer from kent uni, have yet to reply to my uni offers but will have to very soon. I think i'll be firming Kent as well!
I'm afraid I wont be studying Architecture, Sociology is what I hope to study.
I too put tyler court as my first and second choice. I think I chose Darwin Houses third and cant remember the fourth.
What uni have you put for your insurance ?
And im from Portsmouth :smile:

If you're doing Sociology, I have one word of advice: Check your deadlines very closely. I made the mistake of not checking, and then had to write an entire essay in two hours for Sociology. Heh. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending