Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Kent are usually very good with clearing. the course I'm doing (ok, fair enough that there's like 14 people doing it) but it was 280 UCAS points with BC in Chemistry and another science. 2 of my friends got in on CCC which is 240 UCAS points. It will always depend on how many clearing places there are for that course and by how much you missed the offer.
    same for me, people got on to computer science with PPP in BTEC ffs

what course do you do?

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    same for me, people got on to computer science with PPP in BTEC ffs

what course do you do?
    :rofl: really?

I do forensic chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :rofl: really?

I do forensic chemistry
    yes really :facepalm2:

final year?

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    yes really :facepalm2:

final year?
    Kent fail and a half

Nahh, 1st year. Still a newbie here

ReputationRep:
    haha well ta!! i'll see how it goes, think my corse is pretty on demand but if it comes to the worst i'll just turn up and hang around until they HAVE to let me in! hah!!

ReputationRep:
    Out of pure curiosity, what would you guys say is the most popular course at Kent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripsis)
    Out of pure curiosity, what would you guys say is the most popular course at Kent?
    It's a toss up between Business, Law or English, I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    History for me

ReputationRep:
    Parkwood houses yeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripsis)

I'd say either law or business

ReputationRep:
    hmm well this gives me confidence...thanks guys!! will just have to do what i can, (which is, apparently, no revision whatsoever)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needssomehelpplease)
    Is Kent one of them Uni's where they are more likely to put people on hold if they missed their offer and select people from clearing who didn't really want to go there but got better grades than those who put Kent as firm but missed the grades..

Personally I think they should prioritise over who realllly wants to go there (firmed their conditional offer) but I guess academic ability is more important...
    What i've heard/read is that Kent prefers to take students who have firmed Kent and just missed their offer rather then select people through clearing who don't genuinely want to be at Kent but are using it as a fail-safe/back-up...
    Of course i'm sure there are always exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needssomehelpplease)
    Is Kent one of them Uni's where they are more likely to put people on hold if they missed their offer and select people from clearing who didn't really want to go there but got better grades than those who put Kent as firm but missed the grades..
    I agree with the poster above, I think Kent seems like quite an accommodating university. Though they do well in league tables for certain departments, they're by no means a strictly academic uni.. There's no way to say for sure though, it depends on each applicant! It could be worth contacting whichever department you've applied to to find out?

Like I said, on the last page, there's lots of things which can affect it. It's dependant on how many people are already on the course and how close you were to getting the offer. Nothing to do with whether you firmed it or applying through clearing; things change and dept's know that

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get into Kent I will cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    If I don't get into Kent I will cry.
    Ditto! Visited Canterbury last weekend and am finding it impossibly hard not to imagine myself walking down those cobbled streets..

(Original post by saaail)
    Ditto! Visited Canterbury last weekend and am finding it impossibly hard not to imagine myself walking down those cobbled streets..
    Though half the time you can't anyway coz it's overtaken by massive groups of ****ing teenage forgein students spread right out across it so you can't move...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Though half the time you can't anyway coz it's overtaken by massive groups of ****ing teenage forgein students spread right out across it so you can't move...
    Haha yeah, I did notice the considerable number of elderly/adolescent tourist groups when we were there! Maybe I'll be able to earn a little extra money on the side showing Swedish tourists around? :rolleyes:

(Original post by saaail)
    Haha yeah, I did notice the considerable number of elderly/adolescent tourist groups when we were there! Maybe I'll be able to earn a little extra money on the side showing Swedish tourists around? :rolleyes:
    Good luck finding a job :p:
    Been searching all year and got nothing. They do like international people to help forgien visitors but I've never seen Swedish :no:

ReputationRep:
    I jusr want to graduate in the Cathedral

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.