Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfaromeo)
    My Conditional Firm for Drama & Theatre Studies is now an Unconditional Firm

That's good old BTEC for you. Hope all you A Levelers who are still waiting get the same result.

See you all at Freshers :beerglass:

Congrats Hope to see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats alfaromeo! You definitely decided on Kent rather than Exeter then? :P
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holsta25)
    Congrats alfaromeo! You definitely decided on Kent rather than Exeter then? :P
    x
    Oh yes Never was in any doubt really.

ReputationRep:
    So, who plans on moving in on the 17th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazara)
    So, who plans on moving in on the 17th?
    I thought Kent didn't start till the 26th of September?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Week and Registration will begin nine days prior to the start of term. The start of term is the 26th of September, and undergrads who are living on campus will be able to move in to their campus accommodation as of the 17th of September.

Personally i advise moving in on the 18th, as the sunday is often the day where the most amount of people arrive. I also believe that the Saturday evening bar crawl has not been scheduled for this year (however you should check your welcome week calendar), and the lack of this event may make the first night a tad dull.

I would suggest taking advantage of all of the Welcome Week tours and tutorials, as these will help you with managing with your departmental issues, and library navigation. IT IS ALSO A GOOD WAY TO MEET PEOPLE ON YOUR COURSE!!

Edit: Also, watch out for Fresher's Fair, it will be the prime spot for free food and is your only hands - on chance to sign up for societies (otherwise you have to sign up via Kent Union).

ReputationRep:
    oooo im excited to be going back tbh

:ditto:

I'd go in on the Saturday - even if the pub crawl hasn't been set up - it probably will do soon. Or if there isn't one this year (:lolwut:), it will still be pretty hectic on campus - meet your flatmates etc. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving in on the 17th But then I'm actually staying in a hotel one night and doing a bunch of stuff with my parents and boyfriend... so it's more like I'm actually moving in on the 18th or 19th, as that's when I'll really be on campus!

Of course all this is assuming that Kent will hurry up and give me my CAS so I can get my visa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripsis)
    Of course all this is assuming that Kent will hurry up and give me my CAS so I can get my visa
    I am also waiting for CAS

So hopefully by 17th/18th I'll reach campus

Anyone else for moving in Woolf college??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdrockzz)
    I am also waiting for CAS

So hopefully by 17th/18th I'll reach campus

Anyone else for moving in Woolf college??
    Have you e-mailed them to inquire about the status of your CAS? Because apparently they needed things from me that they never asked me for.. and had I not e-mailed them and found out, they would have assumed that I was giving up my position and not issued me a CAS at all.

ReputationRep:
    Have you e-mailed them to inquire about the status of your CAS? Because apparently they needed things from me that they never asked me for.. and had I not e-mailed them and found out, they would have assumed that I was giving up my position and not issued me a CAS at all.
    My offer was conditional, so 3-4 weeks back I had submitted the required documents. I thought they will issue the CAS in the following days, so didn't bothered to follow-up

But I mailed them on 29th July & they have assured me that i will get my CAS on this coming tuesday/wednesday They are kinda "BUSY"

When are you getting yours?

ReputationRep:
    My offer was conditional, so 3-4 weeks back I had submitted the required documents. I thought they will issue the CAS in the following days, so didn't bothered to follow-up

But I mailed them on 29th July & they have assured me that i will get my CAS on this coming tuesday/wednesday They are kinda "BUSY"

When are you getting yours?
    Glad to hear that you're getting yours soon

I have no idea when I'm getting mine. My offer was unconditional and they never requested anything from me.. suddenly they need x, y, and z. I sent them some stuff a few days ago and I'm still waiting to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear that you're getting yours soon

I have no idea when I'm getting mine. My offer was unconditional and they never requested anything from me.. suddenly they need x, y, and z. I sent them some stuff a few days ago and I'm still waiting to hear back.
    Dont worry you will get yours soon

SO which country are your from??

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry you will get yours soon

SO which country are your from??
    United States - California You? And which course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    United States - California You? And which course are you doing?
    I'm from India
    I will be doing M.Sc Digital Visual Effects (fancy degree name )

& you?

ReputationRep:
    Actuarial science

ReputationRep:
    I'm from India
    I will be doing M.Sc Digital Visual Effects (fancy degree name )

& you?
    Awesome I'm doing the BA (Hons) Digital Arts course!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Drama and Theatre with Film Studies? I feel like I am the only one doing that particular joint honour. Anyone? Anyone at all?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome I'm doing the BA (Hons) Digital Arts course!
    Ah, your course is kinda similar to mine!!
    We will be studying in same school - School of Engineering and Digital Arts
    Well nice to meet ya & hopefully see you @ Kent too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.