Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Harpoon, I will now be applying for Architecture and not Mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aJohnsonsun)
    Harpoon, I will now be applying for Architecture and not Mathematics.
    Changed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    Changed
    Thanks Kent is now my main choice.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer for History at Kent. 340 Points.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for History

ReputationRep:
    Offer for History and History and Comparative Literature I could not be happier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applepumpkin)
    Offer for History and History and Comparative Literature I could not be happier
    Yay! Well done! Nice to see someone's done the same thing as me, applied to two different courses at the same uni. I take it Kent's your first choice? :p:p

Has anyone visited the Canterbury campus? What's it like? I ended up being ill on the open day so I couldn't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Yay! Well done! Nice to see someone's done the same thing as me, applied to two different courses at the same uni. I take it Kent's your first choice? :p:p

Has anyone visited the Canterbury campus? What's it like? I ended up being ill on the open day so I couldn't go.
    Yeah it is by far, I wouldn't be happy anywhere else I completely fell in love with Kent.

The campus is beautiful, large with lots of grass and from the top of the hill you can see the Cathedral and the city is a-m-aaaazing. Make sure you go look if you get a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is by far, I wouldn't be happy anywhere else I completely fell in love with Kent.

The campus is beautiful, large with lots of grass and from the top of the hill you can see the Cathedral and the city is a-m-aaaazing. Make sure you go look if you get a chance.
    Ooh, it does sound good! Yeah, from the prospectus (! ) I really liked the look of the city, I love the idea of going to a uni where there are cobbled streets... *ahem*
    And I'm ridiculously in love with my course, which helps! Tbh, I think I'd fall in love with any university with a nice atmosphere! As long as the people aren't snotty elitists and there's grass and pretty shops, I'm happy!

I actually think I might change my straight English Lit option at UEA to another course because really thinking about it, if I got rejected for English Lit+ CW at UEA, I wouldn't reject Kent's offer to do straight lit at UEA... so I need to find a last minute replacement.
    Think I'll change it to RHUL. Or maybe I'll leave it... oh, I don't know! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    just got an offer - my first one. soooooo happy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Got an acknowledgment today, anyone know how long it could take to get a decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_Steven)
    Got an acknowledgment today, anyone know how long it could take to get a decision?
    I got an offer the day after But I think it depends on the department you're applying to.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer the day after But I think it depends on the department you're applying to.
    I applied to English and American Literature. what about you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_Steven)
    I applied to English and American Literature. what about you ?
    History and History with Comparative Literature

Anybody putting Kent as their firm or insurance, good luck over the next year! Any questions (I'm currently a first year studying Biology, if that helps) - just ask. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Anybody putting Kent as their firm or insurance, good luck over the next year! Any questions (I'm currently a first year studying Biology, if that helps) - just ask. :top:
    How does rent for the accomodation get paid, is it monthly or termly or do you pay for the whole year up front? Someone told me it was the latter but that seems quite daunting.

How does rent for the accomodation get paid, is it monthly or termly or do you pay for the whole year up front? Someone told me it was the latter but that seems quite daunting.
    Termly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Termly.
    That's far more manageable, thanks What do you think of the uni? I've been there twice and I love the look of it, but it'd be interesting to hear whether it lived up to your expectations, any big pros or cons? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That's far more manageable, thanks What do you think of the uni? I've been there twice and I love the look of it, but it'd be interesting to hear whether it lived up to your expectations, any big pros or cons? Thanks
    I love it here. The only con for me is being so far away from home (originally from Bristol) but you being from hertfordshire that isn't so much of a problem. I wouldn't know where to start with the pro's though.. so if you have some questions feel free to ask them!

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter through the post today from Kent(Medway), offered me an interview

Any suggests on what to expect?

Applying for computer science

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.