Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    Yeah only 2 en-suite were allowed. I applied in December, as soon as it opened.
    Okay thanks. I was asking as a friend seemed to think he was able to put 4, i started to doubt myself.

I applied in March, is it likely i'll get one of my first 2 choices or not? Next thing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillBrown08)
    Okay thanks.

I applied in March, is it likely i'll get one of my first 2 choices or not? Next thing to worry about
    I suppose it depends what you applied for - I remember at the open day the guide said so many people apply for the Parkwood flats, or might have been the nice Tyler Court, that a lot are unsuccesful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillBrown08)
    Okay thanks.

I'm not really sure, you'd be better off asking a current student. March sounds alright though, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You'll find out next week anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    How much ?
    They retail for about £100 but i'd be pretty happy to slash at least 50% of that off

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I'm part of Eliot Committee for the next year so I'll be helping out in Welcome Week moving you move into Eliot and Becket Court and helping with the Freshers Events/events throughout the year so feel free to ask me any questions about that (I lived in Parkwood flats last year so can answer anything about that too )

If you're on Facebook there's now an 'Eliot College and Becket Court 2011' page which you can join once you know where you're living and find people living near you and you can also ask the Eliot Committee President any questions that I can't answer!
    There's also an events page for Eliot freshers which has all the events that we've planned for the evenings. I can't link the pages because everything we post gets filtered for spam =/

Looking forward to seeing some of you in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Not usually though I imagine they're working overtime to get things done. Might not answer the phones though.

If you're worried, leave a message and a contact number
    I try to call them and they answered

Well ... I sent my results on the last sunday, and they say (this morning) " Oh i didn't check ..." Well i missed the clearings thanks to UoK and I'll probably not go there ..... im so nervous :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)
    Kent Union not University of Kent

(Original post by cinnamon442)
    Search for Kent Union, not the University of Kent.

Now that makes sense, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear back from the accommodation team, really hoping for either Tyler's B or C, Parkwood I can live with, I can't share a bathroom though, God help me if I get one of the houses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor-Daly)
    Still waiting to hear back from the accommodation team, really hoping for either Tyler's B or C, Parkwood I can live with, I can't share a bathroom though, God help me if I get one of the houses!
    Why can't you share? o0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazara)
    They retail for about £100 but i'd be pretty happy to slash at least 50% of that off
    Well apparently i can only use casio fx 83 and 85 series ones in exams, so i may as well get one of those... sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you still get a maintenance loan when you're on your placement year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazara)
    On a different note, I don't suppose any mathsy types need a graphical calculator? I've got an unopened in box/plastic thing HP 40gs that needs to go ;3

It has a massive user manual!
    But can it play crysis? :lol:

Ive got a casio cfx-9850g :sexface: (a colour graphic calc, shame its not allowed in any exams )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    Does anyone know if you still get a maintenance loan when you're on your placement year?
    I should imagine so, I'm not sure if it's the same as my year abroad but you don't have to pay tuition fees and you still get maintanance loan on mine.
    Also, if you're going somewhere in Europe you'll get a grant from the EU erasmus scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    Well apparently i can only use casio fx 83 and 85 series ones in exams, so i may as well get one of those... sorry!
    Ah, that's okay <3

(Original post by torchwood)
    But can it play crysis? :lol:

Ive got a casio cfx-9850g :sexface: (a colour graphic calc, shame its not allowed in any exams )
    It might do - I have no clue. I bought a TI-84+ for my exams and loved the bugger; got the 40gs as a prize from school, despite the fact i'm not doing anything mathematical in my future D:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, you still have to pay tuition fees to the University on your placement year but it's at a reduced rate, and I don't think you get a maintenance loan as you'd be getting paid at your placement. But someone else would probably know more about this than me.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, you still have to pay tuition fees to the University on your placement year but it's at a reduced rate, and I don't think you get a maintenance loan as you'd be getting paid at your placement. But someone else would probably know more about this than me.
    Okay thank you.

ReputationRep:
    A real reduced rate... :sexface:

The placement year cost is about 50 pounds, hardly anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    A real reduced rate... :sexface:

The placement year cost is about 50 pounds, hardly anything.
    It depends. My mate had to pay £840 for his placement year.

ReputationRep:
    In my booklet thingy it says :
    you dont pay any tuition fees to kent for the year spent abroad under the erasmus scheme
    FOr options not covered by the erasmus scheme you pay a reduced tuition fee.

Also, it says uk student loans continue to be available for students who spend a year studying/working abroad.
    However i think you meant just a placement in england right? I'll hopefully be doing one too!
    ooh just found this :
    students only pay a quarter of the home fees rate for their year in industry

ReputationRep:
    FRESHERS WHO HAVE IT ACCESS:

Click the 'my records' button.
    Look at you college allocation - what does it say?

Edit - I'm Darwin

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.