Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Blazara)
    FRESHERS WHO HAVE IT ACCESS:

Click the 'my records' button.
    Look at you college allocation - what does it say?
    What one are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    What one are you in?
    Mine says Darwin, but I didn't apply for Darwin accom ;3 (I think)

Okay, I was super wrong - my third and fourth options were Darwin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinnamon442)
    It depends. My mate had to pay £840 for his placement year.
    Yeah I forgot where it cost 50 for a year placement tbh. But I swear I did see it on a university page somewhere.

ReputationRep:

Edit - I'm Darwin
    Keynes and i applied for parkwood flats

Mine says Darwin, but I didn't apply for Darwin accom ;3 (I think)
    Might be in Parkwood :dontknow:

College =/= accommodation in some cases, but does in others. It's really complicated.

Students living in Parkwood seem to be assigned to random colleges from what I've seen. But those actually living in college accommadation are part of that college i.e.

Rutherford/Tyler Court = Rutherford
    Elliot/Becket Court = Eliot
    Keynes = Keynes
    Darwin flats/houses = Darwin
    Parkwood = Usually Keynes but are randomly assigned in many cases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intox123)
    Keynes and i applied for parkwood flats
    Did you have keynes as an option after PW?

(Original post by Loz17)
    Might be in Parkwood :dontknow:

College =/= accommodation in some cases, but does in others. It's really complicated.

Students living in Parkwood seem to be assigned to random colleges from what I've seen.
    Yeah, I just checked (and edited my post) I did apply for Darwin as 3+4. So, I might be either D;

ReputationRep:
    Did you have keynes as an option after PW?

Yeah, I just checked (and edited my post) I did apply for Darwin as 3+4. So, I might be either D;
    Nope, done PW flats, houses, and both tyler courts(i think, done it back in feb)

ReputationRep:
    Nope, done PW flats, houses, and both tyler courts(i think, done it back in feb)
    Gratz then, you might have made Parkwood? (Presuming my hypothesis is correct :holmes:)

ReputationRep:
    Gratz then, you might have made Parkwood? (Presuming my hypothesis is correct :holmes:)
    Haha i really hope so! what are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    Haha i really hope so! what are you hoping for?
    I was hoping for Parkwood, but I can't determine if I got it 'cause of choosing Darwin as a secondary. Boo

You'll know after tomorrow

Oh btw just to stop the name of the college being pronounces wrong. Keynes isn't pronounced as you see it, it's pronounced "Kaynes" or cains if you've prefer. Have a listen to the pronounciation of the economist's name that the college was named after if you don't believe me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)

Oh btw just to stop the name of the college being pronounces wrong. Keynes isn't pronounced as you see it, it's pronounced "Kaynes" or cains if you've prefer. Have a listen to the pronounciation of the economist the college was named after if you don't believe me :p:
    He should have spelt his name differently

Loz is right, Parkwood are assigned random colleges. So if you're #1 choice was based in Parkwood then knowing your college may not make too much difference just yet :no:

He should have spelt his name differently
    He's scottish IIRC

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for Parkwood, but I can't determine if I got it 'cause of choosing Darwin as a secondary. Boo
    Good luck then!

(Original post by Loz17)

Oh btw just to stop the name of the college being pronounces wrong. Keynes isn't pronounced as you see it, it's pronounced "Kaynes" or cains if you've prefer. Have a listen to the pronounciation of the economist's name that the college was named after if you don't believe me :p:
    I'm glad you pointed this out, ive been saying keynes as you would see it! haha :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Loz is right, Parkwood are assigned random colleges. So if you're #1 choice was based in Parkwood then knowing your college may not make too much difference just yet :no:
    Nope :cry2:, but for those who didn't I guess it helps them ;3

I'm glad you pointed this out, ive been saying keynes as you would see it! haha :/
    So do about 80% of the rest of the students :sigh: but tbh it's easily done :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got the same! And I was also hoping for parkwood, so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:

Edit - I'm Darwin
    So i know you answered me in my thread :P But so i'm sure, i can't login to here without my kent ID which Kent should have emailed me, but haven't? ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    So do about 80% of the rest of the students :sigh: but tbh it's easily done :p:
    People always look at me funny when I pronounce it properly I've stopped, and end up saying it as it looks now if I'm with Uni friends!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.