Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The facebook link is not working!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie_)
    Kents my firm and I have heard nothing at all from them ! eek getting scared !
    Have you tried calling them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holz<3)
    Have you tried calling them.
    No need to call, not that many people have heard from them. Says we'll hear this week about accommodation. As long as you have the confirmation letter from UCAS about getting in, it's fine, be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillBrown08)
    No need to call, not that many people have heard from them. Says we'll hear this week about accommodation. As long as you have the confirmation letter from UCAS about getting in, it's fine, be patient.
    Ah alright, thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone already chosen what bank to go with for their student account? I'm having a hard time deciding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha_patel)
    Has anyone already chosen what bank to go with for their student account? I'm having a hard time deciding
    I chose Santander because I was already with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    I chose Santander because I was already with them
    I'm already with Santander and i want to stay with them as their student account sounds great, but the website was confusing me. I thought we had to belong to one of Santander's partner university's to have a student account with them? Or have i completely misunderstood the webpage? (i'm hoping i have )

ReputationRep:
    I'm already with Santander and i want to stay with them as their student account sounds great, but the website was confusing me. I thought we had to belong to one of Santander's partner university's to have a student account with them? Or have i completely misunderstood the webpage? (i'm hoping i have )
    They didn't say anything about that to me. I just went in and upgraded my account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydemikaela)
    They didn't say anything about that to me. I just went in and upgraded my account
    Ohhh, good news I'll see if i can do it on-line, otherwise i'll have to do it once i'm back in London. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Got a Co-Op bank account kind of sorted - but I need to set up online banking and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazara)
    Got a Co-Op bank account kind of sorted - but I need to set up online banking and stuff.
    Oh god, internet banking... yeah i'm going to have to figure out how to use that, or you know set it up... lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, 'grats to everyone who got accommodation offers through today. Patience all those still waiting!

So anyone know exactly where 'Q3-3 Darwin College, Darwin Houses Q-Block' is? Anyone else in Q-Block? Already posted on the 'Super Duper' thread, before anyone mentions... :P

ReputationRep:
    Woohoooo
    Liberty Quays, Medway.
    Who's going there?

ReputationRep:
    This so unfair I wanna know

ReputationRep:
    Chose Lloyds in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Chose Lloyds in the end
    Did you get the 3 year NUS card with that? I'm having a hard time choosing between accounts - all this financial lingo goes straight over my head

Also, it's been brought to my attention that we'll be living next door to each other next year. Hello, neighbour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaail)
    Did you get the 3 year NUS card with that? I'm having a hard time choosing between accounts - all this financial lingo goes straight over my head

Also, it's been brought to my attention that we'll be living next door to each other next year. Hello, neighbour!
    Yeah, a form to send off will be sent in the post, or something like that
    I did consider co-op but there isnt a branch in Canterbury or my home town, I thought that may be inconvenient.
    In comparison, the other banks have smaller overdrafts or ones which are hard to achieve due to credit rating.

also, if you have a use for it, you can also get a credit card- be careful with that though, 20% interest rate. I havn't applied yet, might do later though

And it's nice to meet you
    See you in a few weeks :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Yeah, a form to send off will be sent in the post, or something like that
    I did consider co-op but there isnt a branch in Canterbury or my home town, I thought that may be inconvenient.
    In comparison, the other banks have smaller overdrafts or ones which are hard to achieve due to credit rating.

also, if you have a use for it, you can also get a credit card- be careful with that though, 20% interest rate. I havn't applied yet, might do later though

And it's nice to meet you
    See you in a few weeks :awesome:
    You speak the truth, good man. Co-op seems to have a good deal but I don't want to rely on online banking; NatWest has new awkward paying-in rules; and Halifax/Barclays seem to be a bit tricky with the overdraft.. Hmm :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's not get too off-topic. Kent, ftw! Strange to think we'll be there in a few weeks. Pretty damn scary to think about, really

ReputationRep:

Wha? They started giving out the NUS cards again? I applied for my Lloyds account ages ago and they'd stopped doing them. I thought, 'Oh well, it's a recession and all...' :mad:

This might call for a... Call, to Lloyds to see if they won't throw it in.

Oh, also, has anyone else been able to apply for their [optional] modules yet?

ReputationRep:
    You speak the truth, good man. Co-op seems to have a good deal but I don't want to rely on online banking; NatWest has new awkward paying-in rules; and Halifax/Barclays seem to be a bit tricky with the overdraft.. Hmm :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's not get too off-topic. Kent, ftw! Strange to think we'll be there in a few weeks. Pretty damn scary to think about, really
    Yeah you're right, it is pretty scary

What are you studying?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.