Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Yeah you're right, it is pretty scary

What are you studying?
    History of Art. You're studying History, right? Nice :cute: Have you found any other people nearby in Ellenden? I've managed to find two house mates on Facebook so far - this far-off university dream is suddenly becoming more and more real!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaail)
    History of Art. You're studying History, right? Nice :cute: Have you found any other people nearby in Ellenden? I've managed to find two house mates on Facebook so far - this far-off university dream is suddenly becoming more and more real!
    How did you find them on FB?

MaddyRose1 is gna be one of my housemates
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=565389

Yeah, doesn't seem that long ago that I first visited Kent, I remember looking around the Parkwood houses aswell

ReputationRep:
    How did you find them on FB?

MaddyRose1 is gna be one of my housemates
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=565389

Yeah, doesn't seem that long ago that I first visited Kent, I remember looking around the Parkwood houses aswell
    By almost obsessively checking the various Kent pages on there! There's this main one which a lot of people have been posting on; then there have been quite a few trying to find housemates on one of the Freshers Week pages; and there's a whole Parkwood page just for us lovely people

ReputationRep:
    By almost obsessively checking the various Kent pages on there! There's this main one which a lot of people have been posting on; then there have been quite a few trying to find housemates on one of the Freshers Week pages; and there's a whole Parkwood page just for us lovely people
    Awesome, thanks

So how far away from Kent do you live now?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, thanks

So how far away from Kent do you live now?
    No problem - there are loads of different Facebook pages related to Kent, so have a bit of a look 'round yourself too

I live in Laaandaaan, so it's not such a long journey for me. Hopefully my parents won't be visiting every weekend, but it's somewhat comforting to know they're not too far away. What's the journey like from where you are? Stevenage, is it?

ReputationRep:
    No problem - there are loads of different Facebook pages related to Kent, so have a bit of a look 'round yourself too

I live in Laaandaaan, so it's not such a long journey for me. Hopefully my parents won't be visiting every weekend, but it's somewhat comforting to know they're not too far away. What's the journey like from where you are? Stevenage, is it?
    Oh right haha.
    Yeah, Stevenage is about 100 miles away by car, I think it took us just short of 2 hours driving there last time, but that was in rush hour traffic at parts
    By train I think it's like 2 hours, so not too bad.

Luckily Stevenage is only 20 minutes from Kings Cross on a fast train, and trains from Canterbury go to St. Pancras, so it's a nice easy journey.

this reminds me to buy a rail card, my productive task for the day I think

ReputationRep:
    Oh right haha.
    Yeah, Stevenage is about 100 miles away by car, I think it took us just short of 2 hours driving there last time, but that was in rush hour traffic at parts
    By train I think it's like 2 hours, so not too bad.

Luckily Stevenage is only 20 minutes from Kings Cross on a fast train, and trains from Canterbury go to St. Pancras, so it's a nice easy journey.

this reminds me to buy a rail card, my productive task for the day I think
    Took me 2 hours last time too - London traffic takes up most of my journey time! I think I can take a fast train in just under an hour, so we're doing alright

And yes, a rail card is a must! Pretty annoyed that NatWest aren't offering them out anymore to be honest, but last time I checked they weren't too pricey.

ReputationRep:
    Took me 2 hours last time too - London traffic takes up most of my journey time! I think I can take a fast train in just under an hour, so we're doing alright

And yes, a rail card is a must! Pretty annoyed that NatWest aren't offering them out anymore to be honest, but last time I checked they weren't too pricey.
    £28, so not too bad as a return trip for me would cost £30 anyways.
    Need to get some passport pictures done, which means venturing into town. Yayy.

Fairly sure we would be much quicker if the M25 didn't take up a large portion of the route, one you get off the M25 and on to the other M/Way, it's pretty good going

ReputationRep:
    Physics with a FdT Year. Sounds good or i'm just an idiot ?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology! Anyone else? Im just too lazy to go through every page ; D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Sg)
    Physics with a FdT Year. Sounds good or i'm just an idiot ?
    Physics is the subject of badasses (after law).

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what banks are near the campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happilyme)
    Does anyone know what banks are near the campus?
    Natwest and Barclays are on campus near the Library, and the others are in town a short bus ride away.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how far the Medway campus is from the Canterbury one? I'm going to be at Medway, but I much prefer Canterbury.. just my degree isn't taught there /:
    Also does anybody know whether the two campuses interact and if Medway students can go to the freshers event at Canterbury.. we are both the same uni after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinnamon442)
    Natwest and Barclays are on campus near the Library, and the others are in town a short bus ride away.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinner at Chanel)
    Anyone know how far the Medway campus is from the Canterbury one? I'm going to be at Medway, but I much prefer Canterbury.. just my degree isn't taught there /:
    Also does anybody know whether the two campuses interact and if Medway students can go to the freshers event at Canterbury.. we are both the same uni after all
    Roughly 30 miles. I live 60ish miles from University, and pass Medway about half way through my journey.

I would say it is about 40minutes away, give or take, on the motorway, depending on speed.

I think you would be able to go to the events, but you may struggle to get there and back. I don't know if the University provide some form of transport between the University campuses for the events during this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraKrP)
    Psychology! Anyone else? Im just too lazy to go through every page ; D
    I'm doing Psychology too
    What accomodation are you in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Psychology! AHHHH can't wait freshers is gonna be a-mazing....

Is anyone gonna opt in for this 'real meal deal' thing? I'm tempted but just don't wanna have crap food :P

Oh and also, I'm staying in Kemsdale court in Park Wood!! Who else is?!

(Original post by Sabrina14)
    I'm doing Psychology! AHHHH can't wait freshers is gonna be a-mazing....

Is anyone gonna opt in for this 'real meal deal' thing? I'm tempted but just don't wanna have crap food :P

Oh and also, I'm staying in Kemsdale court in Park Wood!! Who else is?!

Tbh you'd be better off not doing it. You have an oven and would have to walk 10 mins to get the food everyday. Just depends if you want to cook or not...

ReputationRep:
    Does freshers start 19th September?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.