Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Just depends if you want to cook or not...
    Yeeeeee i dont mind cooking just don't know whether it'd be cheaper... and like if times get tight at least you know you've got at least a meal!

(Original post by Sabrina14)
    Yeeeeee i dont mind cooking just don't know whether it'd be cheaper... and like if times get tight at least you know you've got at least a meal!
    Thats true. If you go for option A you're paying the equivalent of £4.15 a day for £5.50 worth of food (which is quite a bit of food!)

However you have between half 5 and half 7 to get that food and some of it isn't amazing if I'm honest (personal opinion). It's much cheaper to buy your own. I managed £20 food for 2 weeks before. And £15-20 a week on food would get you some pretty decent home cooked meals, and you don't need to leave the house.

It's up to you. Like you say it's nice to know you have a decent meal there if times do get hard but I don't know if it cheaper in the long run. It designed more with those living in college accommodation in mind, but is available to everyone if people would like it

(Original post by taliman)
    Does freshers start 19th September?
    Well, move in weekend is 17th Sept so they have events from the 17th onwards.

I wouldn't bother with the meal deal, especially if you have an actual kitchen by living in Parkwood. The food would get so samey after a few weeks in my opinion. :rolleyes: Loz also made a good point it being a trek..

ReputationRep:
    After looking at the first post, it seems as I'm the first person here that's doing Computer Science I'm really looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone staying in Grimshill court in parkwood??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sc0ttC22)
    After looking at the first post, it seems as I'm the first person here that's doing Computer Science I'm really looking forward to it.
    Im also doing computer science are you doing the year in industry?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I will be doing the year in industry You got Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Guess I should put my hand up for Computer Science with a year in industry too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomme)
    Sweet! You got Facebook? Would be good to know some people before I go there lol

ReputationRep:
    Sweet! You got Facebook? Would be good to know some people before I go there lol
    Yeah i have facebook http://www.facebook.com/rufus.honour please put 'tsr - computer science' in if your adding me because otherwise i won't accept because i don't want to start adding some real random people haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by achristie)
    Is anyone staying in Grimshill court in parkwood??
    Yo. There's a load of us in a facebook discussion over here LINKY

ReputationRep:
    PMed or whatever that stupid profile message thing is on this website.

(Original post by intox123)
    Yeah i have facebook http://www.facebook.com/rufus.honour please put 'tsr - computer science' in if your adding me because otherwise i won't accept because i don't want to start adding some real random people haha
    Added

ReputationRep:
    If this is turning into the Computer Science with a Year in Industry thread then I can join in too XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakkers)
    If this is turning into the Computer Science with a Year in Industry thread then I can join in too XD
    Haha found like nobody doing cs, now everyone is! awesome! haha

ReputationRep:
    CS is taking over the thread - humanities people; over-whelm them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazara)
    CS is taking over the thread - humanities people; over-whelm them!
    Noooo, don't overwhelm us humanities people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Noooo, don't overwhelm us humanities people!
    "Muauaha you shall be buried under piles of textbooks".

ReputationRep:
    Im also doing computer science are you doing the year in industry?

(Original post by Tomme)

(Original post by Zakkers)

Haha found like nobody doing cs, now everyone is! awesome! haha
    Like intox said, you guys are all of a just sudden popping up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanaynay)
    Like intox said, you guys are all of a just sudden popping up!
    We lurk in the depths ready to pounce when we are needed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.