Turn on thread page Beta

The way teenager depend on each other and the amount of vainity in teensis embrasing. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've seen alot of teenagers in real life and on tsr,wishing they had boyfriends/girlfriends or that they are too short or too tall or ugly blah blah blah.

Also the way people go out of there way to make "friends" in situations that they would normally wouldso that they could feel the need to be accepted or are afriad to be alone.

Why are people so vain and insercure about themselves that they go in search of parteners at such an early age or the need to look good looking or to have confirmation of thier good looks.

Cant people be more dependent on themselves or have pride in themselves enough to stick it out on th'er own.

Or are teenager that weak?

Almost everyone likes having friends
    Some people find it more difficult to make them though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not afraid of being alone. I enjoy having friends, I enjoy having a gf. It makes life more fun. So naturally I look for those things.

Hardly means I don't have pride in myself. You're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    wut

ReputationRep:
    Teenagers are always dependent on their peers because they are leaving childhood and have no inherent individual identity as of yet. That's why they're so easy to manipulate by the culture industry. Especially now that family units are increasingly fractured.

People have been conditioned to focus on petty things like vanity in order to make them easier to control. That's why big money is spent on churning out craprags designed to feed peoples insecurities, distrust their partners and generally instil neuroticism. Lets not get started on TV. Basically, culture can be a weapon and when you look around you're seeing the victims.

No one can tell you what the matrix is, you have to see it for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to point out that you're a teenager.

ReputationRep:
    I have encountered many, many people who seem afraid to do anything alone.

ReputationRep:
    Hormones? Peer pressure?Maybe it's what a teen is all about. You're a teenager too no? You don't feel that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i enjoy having friends, i enjoy having a gf. it makes life more fun.

hardly means i don't have pride in myself. you're an idiot.
    QFT.

OP, you're a fool. My girlfriend is the best thing in my life, not some arm candy. I attach similar feelings to my friends. Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    I worry about people who don't like having friends. It's not really natural. Humans are social animals. I don't feel like I need to have a posse of friends with me everywhere though. I'm a lot happier wandering around on my own than I was when I was 11. It happens with confidence. I know I've got friends, so I don't feel like I need to have them beside me or text them every minute of every day to prove that. I have my close friends and a few other friends I enjoy chatting to, I don't really need more than that. I'd like a boyfriend, sure, and sometimes I feel a bit sad that I haven't got one, but those moments are rare. Most of the time I enjoy the fact that I can have crushes on several different actors at once and not feel the slightest bit guilty about it.

I don't really see why you have such a problem with people having friends though, OP. I mean, it's nice to have people to chat to who you can have a laugh with and share opinions with. Teenagers are mostly naturally high-spirited, and we like having people to share that with. It's sad when people totally rely on their friends, but having them doesn't make you insecure, and it's quite hard to be insecure and vain at the same time (although I like to think I pull it off just kidding.), it just makes you sociable.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you were the same when you were a teenager, OP. You filthy animal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Lost_The_Game)
    I'd just like to point out that you're a teenager.
    And i dont do depend on anyone.If i happen to find a girl i like,whom i am compatable with.I WONT go looking for one.

I dont care what i look like aswell.

ReputationRep:
    lol, teen boys get gfs because they want sex on tap, tbf

ReputationRep:
    Agree with your point on social stigma and vanity that you were trying to put across. I go to the library to read alone in my frees and do homework in my break alone. Probably why I get strange looks. I would love to have a group of good friends, but meh.. Guess I will have to stick it out for 2 more years; then I can rid myself of this reputation.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what else is embarrassing? Your inability to articulate a coherent ****ing sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amuroray)
    I've seen alot of teenagers in real life and on tsr,wishing they had boyfriends/girlfriends or that they are too short or too tall or ugly blah blah blah.

Also the way people go out of there way to make "friends" in situations that they would normally wouldso that they could feel the need to be accepted or are afriad to be alone.

Why are people so vain and insercure about themselves that they go in search of parteners at such an early age or the need to look good looking or to have confirmation of thier good looks.

Cant people be more dependent on themselves or have pride in themselves enough to stick it out on th'er own.

Or are teenager that weak?
    Theonly prob'lem with teenaneenagers is that th'er methodof commu'nication is shuting th'er eyes and mas'hing the keyboardwith th'er head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Hormones? Peer pressure?Maybe it's what a teen is all about. You're a teenager too no? You don't feel that way?
    This has nothing to do with your post, but I'm afraid I didn't take your warning and have literally been laughing for about ten minutes at your sig. +rep for this (when I remember)

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call it a weakness to enjoy making friends... surely the opposite would be more worrying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    Theonly prob'lem with teenaneenagers is that th'er methodof commu'nication is shuting th'er eyes and mas'hing the keyboardwith th'er head.
    Your post seriously confused me, and then I got it :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I find your use of the english language embarrassing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.