Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please

Hi people!

I don't really know what to say, I don't usually make threads like this but I thought I'd give it a go.
    So many people ask me why I don't have a boyfriend and never had but I don't really know why and when they do ask me, this whole situation brings me down :/

I'm very flirty and outgoing, I'm funny and friendly, I'd say I'm good looking and have a nice body (I've heard that compliment a couple of times). I've had some guys asking me out but they weren't really my type. I certainly don't think that I'm too good for anyone but I won't just go out with someone for the sake of it...
    I've kissed before but that's the furthest I went...(im 19 btw)

So I guess I just want to know what is it that puts you off in a potential partner maybe I'm going wrong somewhere. I do read a lot of relationship books. (the last one I read was called "Why men love *****es" :rolleyes: )

p.s. I do believe in waiting for the right person, I'm not asking for advice how to get guys, I'm asking what characteristic puts you off, there's a difference.

sorry for the long post. thank you for your replies

ReputationRep:
    chill dude

ReputationRep:
    You actually sound like you'd be a great catch for someone. Drop the relationship books and just let life happen as its going to happen. Why anonymous though?

ReputationRep:
    We do love the *****es :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    You can't really ask what puts someone off. Everybody is different. For example, I personally find smoking unattractive in anybody, whereas others will say its hot. If you catch my drift.

ReputationRep:
    Desperation is a put off :dontknow:, not saying you're desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've had some guys asking me out but they weren't really my type. I certainly don't think that I'm too good for anyone but I won't just go out with someone for the sake of it...
    There ya go.
    Basically you should still date people fully realizing that you probably won't end up marrying them.
    They don't need to be your soulmate to give them a chance. Who knows? Some people take a while to warm up to others fully, and if you're in a relationship with them they might turn out better than you thought.

Say yes more often, even if it is just for the sake of learning what a relationship is like (being with someone you love but don't <3LOVE<3 isn't bad) That doesn't mean whore yourself out btw.

There isn't really anything about you that would put me off. Just say yes more often, like BumperBo said.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I am 18, never had a boyfriend and have done stuff but am still a virgin. I wouldn't say I'm not pretty enough to get someone and I take good care of my body but nobody I like ever seems interested. I don't think I'm too good for anyone at all but I don't want to settle for someone, you know?

I think asking someone why they're single is v. rude even if its meant as a chat up line. It always makes me feel v. uncomfortable because I truly don't know why/have a planned answer

You'll find someone hun, I'm sure, I just hope I do too.

ReputationRep:
    Don't over-think it; those books are probably a load of crap. Just be yourself.
    I also think you should say yes more. Once you got to know those guys who were interested in you, you might have started to like them. Even if not, you could go out on a couple dates, have a nice time. There's no harm in giving people a chance.

You put me off. The world does not revolve around you and your personality doesn't entice me enough to make you a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    get rid of the relationship books, stop posting on forums, go out, find a guy you like, ask him out, and its wham bam thankyou mam.

Problem solved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.