Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Saturdays - what do you think? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really like their new song 'Higher', but why ruin the original version by turning it into a collaboration with Flo Rida?

And as much as I like The Saturdays, why do I get the feeling that no-one really likes them that much? I guess (aside from the music, and maybe Vanessa) it's hard to see their appeal. Plus I don't get what the name 'The Saturdays' is about?

It does seem like that their record label has invested a lot of money in them and is desperate not to see them fail, hence the release of the (make or break?) EP rather than an album.

ReputationRep:
    Like you said, I dont see their appeal.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the music, but they come across quite well on thier reality show.

ReputationRep:
    They are a good girl band and 3 out of 5 can sing, which is always a plus.

ReputationRep:
    They look good and their songs are meh. That's about it on my opinion on them.

ReputationRep:
    I like the songs, but they should get singers to sing them, not models with terrible voices.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like them. They're not my fave girlgroup (I prefer Pussycat Dolls, Girls Aloud and Sugababes), but they definitely have some fun songs .

When they first came out a couple of years ago, I read that they're called The Saturdays because that's their favourite day of the week. Simple enough explanation, eh?

You probably won't come across many people on this site who like them, because it's full of boring nerds who are very anti-pop/anything fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think:
    Mollie King... :sexface:
    The rest are OK.
    But the best singer is the least attractive sadly.

ReputationRep:
    They're fairly ugly as far as pop singers go. They also seem very mis-matched.

EDIT:
    I just searched them in Google. They are butterz.

ReputationRep:
    Hot and talented.

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly boring, generic pop tarts with no personality.

ReputationRep:
    I like them sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I love them. I loved their show. There's something about Frankie I can't quite warm too but I don't know her so that's a redundant comment. Vanessa's voice is stunning and I love that they all seem to acknowledge that she is their lead singer and without her they'd be useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahaneap)
    I like the songs, but they should get singers to sing them, not models with terrible voices.
    The Saturdays have great voices, especially Vanessa. If you watch some of their acoustic versions on YouTube you'll see what I mean.

If you want terrible voices just look at girls aloud. Not to mention the cheap production and all round tackiness of that band. Awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    I love them. I loved their show. There's something about Frankie I can't quite warm too but I don't know her so that's a redundant comment. Vanessa's voice is stunning and I love that they all seem to acknowledge that she is their lead singer and without her they'd be useless.
    They are very good acoustically. I think sometimes the over-production of some of their songs hides their vocal ability.

I agree about Frankie - she seems to lack any kind of appeal, and her voice doesn't stand out. I'm not a big fan of Rochelle either, but her voice is good. I like the others though, especially Vanessa. Did you see her on popstar to operastar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NubbliNubbleton)
    Incredibly boring, generic pop tarts with no personality.
    the definition of girls aloud.

ReputationRep:
    the appeal is that they are hot. only vanessa can sing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    they really cant sing. my sis saw them at t4 on the beach and apparently they were embarassingly bad.

ReputationRep:
    Just another group of only barely "talented" girls that get by because people idolise any woman who's on TV caked in make-up

ReputationRep:
    Frankie/Molly and the other one are very HOT.
    Vanessa and Rochelle are lacking in that department.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.