Turn on thread page Beta

Which alcohol is the best to drink without getting ill? watch

ReputationRep:
    alright, i didn't read all the posts, so maybe there's already a very good explanation for your need to be seen drinking. anyway. just drink if you want to, and don't drink if your not in the mood. i am studying for some time now, and i never saw somebody being dissed just because of the fact, that he/she prefers antialcoholic stuff. so.

but here are my suggestions anyway: no sugarloades stuff. that's making me ill everytime. i always drink white wine. and since i was in austria for my holidays, i mix the wine with mineral water. every girl there is drinking the so called "spritzer", and it has just a small amount of wine in it, and tastes good..

and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catalie)
    alright, i didn't read all the posts, so maybe there's already a very good explanation for your need to be seen drinking. anyway. just drink if you want to, and don't drink if your not in the mood. i am studying for some time now, and i never saw somebody being dissed just because of the fact, that he/she prefers antialcoholic stuff. so.

but here are my suggestions anyway: no sugarloades stuff. that's making me ill everytime. i always drink white wine. and since i was in austria for my holidays, i mix the wine with mineral water. every girl there is drinking the so called "spritzer", and it has just a small amount of wine in it, and tastes good..

and have fun!
    I absolutely love white wine/rose spritzers!
    I just don't understand how you know that the bar does them...or any of the drinks in this thread. That's probably my problem- I just ask for what other people are drinking because I don't know what the bar sells, ha.

ReputationRep:
    Try not to mix your drinks too much as this can result in you being very sick later on/the next day. I found this out the hard way.

Also eat something with carbs like peanut butter on toast/pizza/pasta about an hour BEFORE you start drinking as this is enough time for it to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    I just want a drink that's 'safe' for me. I know it's bad to mix drinks so I want something that actually tastes nice but won't make me ill.
    Surely it's a matter of how much you drink then and really a case of knowing your limits (and being prepared to exceed them a few times in finding them out...).

One thing I definitely find is that the drunker I am the less tolerable shots I dislike become. Like I could drink 2-3 shots of zambucca at the beggining of a night but if I've already been drinking and tried doing them later then I would (have on a number of ocassions!) be sick whereas I wouldn't be if I did shots of something I like at that stage. So basically stick to something that tastes nice particularly towards the end of the night if that makes sense... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Cognac with a Coke.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.