Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are people who have never tried drugs, allowed an opinion? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsStupido)
    Most people will 'green out' or whatever, but you don't tend to get a 'bad trip' - or at least I've never met anyone who can say they have. A 'bad trip' would be more commonly associated with taking pills, MDMA, ketamine...lots of things like that.
    Yeah for sure, thanks for the response. I do think the **** needs to just be legalized already, I'm against drugs, I don't like the idea that people should need to intoxicate themselves, but I'm also pro-freedom, and you just have to walk through a city centre, any one, and see hundreds of young people, pumped up, aggressive, violent, doing crazy ****, and just saying, oh no big deal, i was drunk... If I was a pot smoker, I would be rather outraged at the hypocrisy of the government. Why not just tax it, and regulate it. How do you suggest stopping people driving when intoxicated though? theres no breathalizer for weed, perhaps handing in their drivers license at a clinic or something. It's crazy, that people who want to smoke a safer drug, are being sent to often dodgy dealers, who then push other more dangerous stuff onto them, cocaine, pills etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterglen3)
    Yeah for sure, thanks for the response. I do think the **** needs to just be legalized already, I'm against drugs, I don't like the idea that people should need to intoxicate themselves, but I'm also pro-freedom, and you just have to walk through a city centre, any one, and see hundreds of young people, pumped up, aggressive, violent, doing crazy ****, and just saying, oh no big deal, i was drunk... If I was a pot smoker, I would be rather outraged at the hypocrisy of the government. Why not just tax it, and regulate it. How do you suggest stopping people driving when intoxicated though? theres no breathalizer for weed, perhaps handing in their drivers license at a clinic or something. It's crazy, that people who want to smoke a safer drug, are being sent to often dodgy dealers, who then push other more dangerous stuff onto them, cocaine, pills etc...
    Tests already exist: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/is-there...g-driving.aspx

The reality is the Government are extremely hypocritical over the issue and I don't understand why...

ReputationRep:
    That's like saying ''Why are people who've never murdered allowed an opininon?''
    It's a stupid question.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking and drinking costs far, far more to the NHS. Why are they legal?
    Double standards :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Tests already exist: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/is-there...g-driving.aspx

The reality is the Government are extremely hypocritical over the issue and I don't understand why...
    Too much conflicting interest. I can understand why pot smokers get annoyed. I spent time in Nottingham and spent a lot of time around drinkers, and sat in pubs, where guys were downing 10 pints for a warm up, ******* up their bodies, they were clearly as thick as **** and the alcohol had made them that way, aggressive, and so many would say theres nothing with alcohol, but pot should never be legalized there are too many effects. Too many effects? compared to alcohol? Seriously? Thats what the government is good at, brain washing people and keep their interests secure whilst making it look genuine.

ReputationRep:
    Its interesting that every single comparison that's been made by the various posters in this thread has been complete and utter rubbish.
    Care to explain this criticism you have of my comparison? It is entirely valid to my mind.

ReputationRep:
    it's called scientific research and facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    Care to explain this criticism you have of my comparison? It is entirely valid to my mind.
    Is it heck.

You're comparing someone having an opinion about the issue of murder with someone smoking cannabis.

How are they remotely similar? In what way is ignorance shown in the issue of murder etc?

I could go on and on, suffice to say it's an awful comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has an opinion, and there's nothing that says that they shouldn't. However not everybody has an informed opinion, not everyone has logical opinion. To talk about people not being allowed an opinion is retarded, it's not a case of being allowed one or not, it's a question of if you value certain opinions or not....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    am I allowed an opinion?
    Of course not; you're a woman. :hand: (:teehee:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    It's just my opinion. It takes a loser to stone out and get entertainment from it.

This doesn't mean that drugs should be illegal though.
    Why though?

Do you also believe someone drinking enough alcohol to get drunk, sorry, "drunk out" makes them a "loser"?

ReputationRep:
    why are people who have never commited suicide allowed an opinion?

Cocaine and heroin are more harmful then alcohol u idiot, Read scientific research?
    Softer drugs though like marjuana and lsd should be legal though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_muneeb_x)
    Cocaine and heroin are more harmful then alcohol u idiot, Read scientific research?
    To who? The user? I would be happy to bet that treating alcohol related issues costs this country far more money.

I've no issue with heroin being demonised. It's an evil drug, but Coke is not nearly as bad as people make out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to jump off a cliff to know it's a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    To who? The user? I would be happy to bet that treating alcohol related issues costs this country far more money.

I've no issue with heroin being demonised. It's an evil drug, but Coke is not nearly as bad as people make out.
    Coke is very bad for the user. Society has a right to impose a ban on coke because it is bad for people. Most poor people who get onto coke will spend their scarce money on coke and not education of their children. So many households around the world suffer from this .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    Why though?

Do you also believe someone drinking enough alcohol to get drunk, sorry, "drunk out" makes them a "loser"?
    It goes against my own beliefs and attitudes.

And yes, somebody who is drunk and paralytic is a loser.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another post full of ignorance.

This idea/theory that somehow weed leads straight to heroin is unbelievably ridiculous.

It's an idea portrayed by certain sectors of the media that people lap up because they're too scared/ignorant to find out the truth for themselves.
    It's not so much that weed causes people to move on to heroin as it is the people who do heroin have personalities that make them more attracted to drugs. And people are likely to start with less powerful drugs, such as weed.

So the term "gateway drug" is quite incorrect. Weed doesn't open any gateway, it is simply a common starting place for people psychologically destined to become hard drug addicts.

Correlation, not causality. You seem to be under the notion that people go straight to heroin and never start at lesser drugs though... it's rather odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    It goes against my own beliefs and attitudes.

And yes, somebody who is drunk and paralytic is a loser.
    Could you give us your definition of loser then? Alcohols are losers in that they're dependent on the stuff and it's rather pathetic the lengths they'll go to in order to get it.

But, take a random drunk person and look at their situation and odds are they're out with friends or are partying. The exact opposite of loser in my book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_muneeb_x)
    Coke is very bad for the user. Society has a right to impose a ban on coke because it is bad for people. Most poor people who get onto coke will spend their scarce money on coke and not education of their children. So many households around the world suffer from this .
    No, society shouldn't impose bans on anything that is harmless to others.
    If the person accepts the risks/sacrifices, that's their own business. We don't need a nanny state telling us what we can and can't do when it affects nobody else.

If people commit crimes to fund their addiction, they should be punished for that crime alone, since that is all they've done that is harmful.
    If they forsake their child's best interests in pursuit of a drug, the child should be taken away and cared for by someone responsible. I realize developing countries likely can't do that as easily as we can, but removing people's freedoms because their government is poor just sounds inhumane to me.

ReputationRep:

They cost to country more because of how much more common alcohol use-and therefore abuse-is compared to coke/heroin. Coke is powerfully addictive and wrecks the levels and systems of administering dopamine in one's body.

I'm not saying it should be illegal, but you can't deny certain scientific facts. Really they ought to just teach what all the drugs are in schools rather than just saying NO DRUGS and wait as kids find out that weed isn't scary at all, then wonder what else was a lie.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.