Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Could you give us your definition of loser then? Alcohols are losers in that they're dependent on the stuff and it's rather pathetic the lengths they'll go to in order to get it.

But, take a random drunk person and look at their situation and odds are they're out with friends or are partying. The exact opposite of loser in my book.
    Does other people having opinions phase you?

I just don't believe in getting drunk and acting like a prick. My own attitudes are just that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Does other people having opinions phase you?

I just don't believe in getting drunk and acting like a prick. My own attitudes are just that.
    Just wondering, no need to flip **** over it :p:

Because limiting our freedom of speech for being good citizens would be somewhat nonsensicle.

ReputationRep:
    Drugs are for losers, they should ban alcohol while they're at it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Do you have an opinion on paedophilia?
    An excellent point :yep:

And in answer to the OP. People are entitled to an opinion regardless of whether they have tried it or not. People might know what problems drugs can cause. For example, i'm not sure what my Uncle died of (didn't know him), but according to my Mum he was very much addicted to cocaine, and well, he died. At 30 odd! (I know he died something drug related, done something to his body, don't know the details myself though). Which very much says to me that drugs are bad. Regardless of whether I have tried them or not :rolleyes:

Open your eyes OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsStupido)
    Yet another post full of ignorance.

This idea/theory that somehow weed leads straight to heroin is unbelievably ridiculous.

It's an idea portrayed by certain sectors of the media that people lap up because they're too scared/ignorant to find out the truth for themselves.
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to speak up and join the topic. Those who never tried just wants to speak up because of freedom of speech. But for those who wants to seek an opinion better listen to those who had an experience. It is a choice on who would you listen to. Those who doesn't tried it can also speak, just let them be.

ReputationRep:

I've no issue with heroin being demonised. It's an evil drug

Have you ever taken heroin?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think weed isnt that great. I smoked it for 6 years and by he end I thought, why am I wasting so much time and motivation doing nothing and sitting around for hours on end. Then it started making me paranoid. Then I realised that smoking weed was making me depressed. So I stopped. And I feel much happier for it. I also have done coke, but it makes me puke. I can imagine that my body doesnt react well to it and I'd probably be one of those people who it could do some serious damage to. Pills in my opinion are mixed bag. I enjoy the high of a good one but there's so much **** out there. Speedy pills are awful and can induce such horrendous insomnia and paranoia. And I'm getting older now so the come downs are horrendous.

I cant take my hangovers like I used to either. Just had to sleep for 24 hours coz my head was hurting so much I wanted to die.

Maybe I should consider being tee total....

ReputationRep:
    Thumbs up for that one XD

ReputationRep:
    Just because someone hasn't taken drugs, does not mean they have no experience of them. And in the same way, just because someone HAS taken drugs does not make them an expert.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, if you don't like it don't listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anything about them really. People who are overly bothered both ways annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    So all people should try drugs in order to allow them an opinion? I wonder what will happen...

-gets the map out and points at Mexico-

ReputationRep:
    I doubt legalising all drugs would be helpful. They'd have to be heavily taxed to pay for the extra pressure on the NHS. So people may still steal for their addiction.

If possible, I'm sure the government would ban smoking and alcohol. The government doesn't want to get into the vicious cycle you have with cigaretts and alcohol and add other drugs to it; They can't ban them because they are financially dependent on them.

I should put a big 'I THINK' here.

ReputationRep:
    That was genius! Pos-rep for you, Sir!

ReputationRep:
    Any time you read about some sportsman/woman or actor/actress doing a drug such as cocaine it is written in such a way that makes it sound as if it's the worst thing a human being could possibly do. That person is vilified and made out to be evil incarnate. This then allows all kinds of morons to come out of the woodwork expressing their views etc, yet you can almost always guarantee they've never even seen the drug in person, let alone tried it.

I can pretty much guarantee that anyone who has smoked weed or knows people who smoke it would freely admit that the drug causes almost zero harm. Compare it to alchohol....

The ignorance and stupidity that surrounds drugs is akin to the ignorance shown towards religion in this country. Yet we accept it. Why?

I'd be interested to see how many of you have/haven't taken drugs and what your opinions are on the matter.
    I see your point on this-I really do; I've never tried drugs (thank God) and I don't intend to but my view on the matter is that they're really bad for your health owing to all kind of judgments on the matter (particularly that of my Biology teacher). But people do this all the time. It's called opinion and is also why its alright for people to diss religions (lets say Islam) when they haven't actually ever been a Muslim. :rolleyes: Just saying...

ReputationRep:
    Cocaine, Ecstasy, Dope, Crack and GHB.
    Ice, Speed, Ketamine, Nitrous and Heroin.
    Mescaline, DMT, Mushrooms and LSD.
    Am your pill provider, get this **** inside you!

*cough*

On a serious note, and not one from DJ S3rL:

All of which, are ****, bad for you, kill you (eventually) and pretty much single out the ******* retards in our society and those in societies around the world who take 'em.
    I said this to my Mum and Step-Dad when I found out they'd smoked Weed when they were younger, and I said it to my brothers, my sister and my mates who've done it.

The stuff is ******* crap... You wouldn't smoke dog-****, and you wouldn't inject Bleach or Paint-Stipper into you. Its the same principal.

The Government should do more to make sure its all banned. I will never go near the stuff, and again, I think people that do are stupid. "Lets take this **** that kills us... It kills us yet we're still doing it!!!" Its ******* stupid...

You don't need Drugs to have a "good time". Thus, I'll always be against it. The stuff is posion, and you're putting it into your bodies? Does that not seem stupid in any way to you?

Meh, take if it you want. **** up your own body... Several people in our year at School have died from taking Drugs, and it was their own fault. I've no sympathy for those that take illegal drugs, at all.

ReputationRep:
    OP got owned on very first post and yet some idiots try and enter into a debate with them... a completely pointless one that doesn't need to be had. Typical TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another post full of ignorance.

This idea/theory that somehow weed leads straight to heroin is unbelievably ridiculous.

It's an idea portrayed by certain sectors of the media that people lap up because they're too scared/ignorant to find out the truth for themselves.
    Where did I say weed leads straight to heroin? Only in his case he went from what was considered to be drugs that cause no serious damage to your body to it.

And it is the truth in this case as I've seen it happen, however much you want to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA NOT LISTENING YOUR IGNORANT". You sound like Michael Jackson.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I haven't taken drugs, but I agree that weed should be legalised and stuff like that. Perhaps even the 'hard' stuff as it would be a lot more regulated.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.