Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Given the damage Brown caused with one eye... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    Yay.Make fun of the ex-president's disability.
    Guess what? At least he achieved something.He didn't sit in a ******* forum critisizing the administration at 1 am.He went there won the election and tried to change Britain the way he saw fit.
    Even though he wasn't a president and wasn't elected, you still have a point of the retard OP.

ReputationRep:
    Guess what? At least he achieved something.He didn't sit in a ******* forum critisizing the administration at 1 am.He went there won the election and tried to change Britain the way he saw fit.
    You sho' bout dat?

ReputationRep:
    I bet Gordon's reading this and crying right now.

ReputationRep:
    Who honestly cares about his vision? It has nothing to do with his achievements and shortcomings.

ReputationRep:
    At least he achieved something.
    Does the worst recession since the 1940s count as an achievement?

He went there won the election
    Which election did he win? I must have missed something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craiky1506)
    not as the terrible coalition government are doing and cutting public services left right and centre, which disproportionately hit the working class so much harder
    Yeh, what genius decided to save money when we owe billions in national debt??

Idiots! :rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    child? correct me if I am wrong, but is it not you that has created a thread with the sole aim of ridiculing someone elses physical disabillity?
    Don't argue with him. Idiots drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future_hopeful_uk)
    Yeh, what genius decided to save money when we owe billions in national debt??

Idiots! :rolleyes:
    The same genius that actually gives a toss about the working classes. I don't care how much of a debt we apparently owe - cutting public services and benefits which the poor absolutely rely on, is not the answer! If they really want to cut this deficit then do it fairly - or not at all. I'm not pretending Gordon or Labour are or were a solution to this terrible mess, but they're doing an absolutely brilliant job compared to what the Tories are doing.

ReputationRep:
    The same genius that actually gives a toss about the working classes. I don't care how much of a debt we apparently owe - cutting public services and benefits which the poor absolutely rely on, is not the answer! If they really want to cut this deficit then do it fairly - or not at all. I'm not pretending Gordon or Labour are or were a solution to this terrible mess, but they're doing an absolutely brilliant job compared to what the Tories are doing.
    What they're doing? They've been in government under six months, most of which has been the summer recess. All you have to go by is what the press say they might do and a few small things of what they will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    Listen to all the pedantic twits correcting you.
    I totally agree with what you're trying to say. :yep:
    The OP is an ingorant fool.
    There is being pedantic and then there is pointing out blindingly obvious mistakes.

And for the record, Labour on the whole are incompetent b*******, Brown was just left with the sinking ship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    What they're doing? They've been in government under six months, most of which has been the summer recess. All you have to go by is what the press say they might do and a few small things of what they will do.
    Of course, maybe I was a bit hasty in making that point such is my hate of the Tories. However, they have outlined their budget and there is simply so little of it which is actually fair and this will hopefully come to fruition soon after the cuts take place.

ReputationRep:
    Ah the classic Tory bashing, "I'm better than you" lefty.

If he cared about the working classes so much then why did he scrap the 10p tax band? If people like you ran the country we would turn into Greece in no time. And the COALITION have been in charge for less than 5 months, so how the hell you can pass judgement is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion-mad-nick)
    Ah the classic Tory bashing, "I'm better than you" lefty.

If he cared about the working classes so much then why did he scrap the 10p tax band? If people like you ran the country we would turn into Greece in no time. And the COALITION have been in charge for less than 5 months, so how the hell you can pass judgement is beyond me.
    Sorry I must have sleep-typed that, I've never said I'm better than anyone and if I did, I strongly apologise for it and will try not to ever say it again.

I won't sit here pretending Gordon Brown was the best thing for this country, nor the current Labour government. Infact the Labour government as a whole was terrible, but trying to frame it on Brown is just silly.

I can pass judgement because I am a human being - I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong, and for these cuts to be fair and for the poor and weak to be provided support and the greedy bankers to stop taking horrendous bonuses. However, I do not believe that someone (and almost all of the 'coalition' government being the same) who was brought up as Cameron was, would know and be able to empathise with what the average everyday man in this country needs.

ReputationRep:
    lol. none of this illuminati is logical. do you even know what a freemason is? do you not realise that you are wasting your life?
    Then there must be something wrong with your logic?

I do indeed know what a Freemason is. And as for wasting MY LIFE, are you not also wasting yours, humouring me on something you don't even believe in...on an internet forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Then there must be something wrong with your logic?

I do indeed know what a Freemason is. And as for wasting MY LIFE, are you not also wasting yours, humouring me on something you don't even believe in...on an internet forum?
    So a group of people want to take over the world. I know a fair bit seeing
    as I used to spend hours reading about it as an 11 year old.

Quick check:
    -Posting comment containing disbelief that someone subscribes to such a perspective of the establishment=2 minutes.

-Spending your entire teenage years posting irrelevant nonsense about a shady organisation that, for no logical reason, wants to take over the world and inflict misery on an internet forum=A good couple of years

By my workings, you are indeed more worthy of being told you are wasting the golden years of your life on such rubbish, then I am.

ReputationRep:
    So a group of people want to take over the world. I know a fair bit seeing
    as I used to spend hours reading about it as an 11 year old.

Quick check:
    -Posting comment containing disbelief that someone subscribes to such a perspective of the establishment=2 minutes.

-Spending your entire teenage years posting irrelevant nonsense about a shady organisation that, for no logical reason, wants to take over the world and inflict misery on an internet forum=A good couple of years

By my workings, you are indeed more worthy of being told you are wasting the golden years of your life on such rubbish, then I am.
    No. Why must you people assume that a group of people want to take over the world? Forget talking over, they've accomplished that already. What they are doing is not taking over, but controling and maintaining it, how they see fit. That's different from taking over, because it assumes that the world has been and still is ours. It isn't. We've always, always and always been controlled by groups or elites, both big and small. It's not a case that at the moment a group is about to take over, but rather the group, or a group (i.e. elite), has already taken over and is now or about to further its aims. That's basically what is happening right now, with all this talk of a New World Order from the mouths of the political elite. It's not a new take-over, it is the progression, or next-stage of the elite agenda.

There is no surprise here, it is a fact that the world is changing and has changed to some degree from the past 30-40 years, or more. It will continue changing and we will have to adapt to these new (global) conditions, and we can see that coming into effect now. It's what our leaders have spoken of in their addresses to the nation. Globalisation is more than just about markets...So, how irrelevant do you think it is now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    No. Why must you people assume that a group of people want to take over the world? Forget talking over, they've accomplished that already. What they are doing is not taking over, but controling and maintaining it, how they see fit. That's different from taking over, because it assumes that the world has been and still is ours. It isn't. We've always, always and always been controlled by groups or elites, both big and small. It's not a case that at the moment a group is about to take over, but rather the group, or a group (i.e. elite), has already taken over and is now or about to further its aims. That's basically what is happening right now, with all this talk of a New World Order from the mouths of the political elite. It's not a new take-over, it is the progression, or next-stage of the elite agenda.

There is no surprise here, it is a fact that the world is changing and has changed to some degree from the past 30-40 years, or more. It will continue changing and we will have to adapt to these new (global) conditions, and we can see that coming into effect now. It's what our leaders have spoken of in their addresses to the nation. Globalisation is more than just about markets...So, how irrelevant do you think it is now?
    So you are associating global change with the deliberate manipulation of the world, rather than economic activty? All of your posts seem pinned on the idea that should any new world order (dont believe) be installed, that they will start pointlessly doing things to us because they are inherrantly evil. This is why I dont believe.

Nearly all wprld leaders who have been associated with evil actions, have done so trying to protect a particular ideology that they think will improve the lives of their people, or even to directly improve the lives of their people.

If you can provide me with a rational explanation as to WHY they are doing this (which must extend beyond greed or evil) and why it is a bad thing, I will listen.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.