Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at UCL this Tuesday!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragaa)
    Got an interview at UCL this Tuesday!!
    That's great news, good luck with the interview and I hope you get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondshavemorefun)
    That's great news, good luck with the interview and I hope you get an offer!
    thanks
    Hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geotsr)
    I applied for Geography. i can't find the date of the open day anywhere and i didn't get a reply back when i sent my slip saying i would be going. i know it's in january, does anyone know? i cant find it online either.
    Hey, where else did you apply to? How are you ranking them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForFreedom)
    Hey,
    Open day basically means an offer/acceptance.
    Interview means borderline applicant :rolleyes:

So well done for getting an open day invitation!
    I've heard at the open day, all they do is make you sit in groups and there's a geography article or something on the table and you discuss it within your group. It's not a test or anything.
    Aww thanks well i hope i get an offer but how can you be so sure? Having a one-to-one interview gives you the chance to stand out more (but yeah i know it can be a lot scarier!)
    And UCL say that they dont usually give offers if you dont go to the open day so maybe I will be interviewed...hmmm...do you know anyone else who did an interview/open day?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got rejections for pure physics at UCL yet? applying with a medical personal statement and haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    i've had an invitation for geography/economics open day, is this basically an offer or do i need to prepare for it?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else waiting to get an interview or a rejection for English Lit Q300?

ReputationRep:
    Mathematicians received anything?

ReputationRep:
    anyone here who has/had interview for medicine??

ReputationRep:
    Username: norbury
    Course: Civil Engineering
    Planned Entry: 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForFreedom)
    Hey,
    Open day basically means an offer/acceptance.
    Interview means borderline applicant :rolleyes:

So well done for getting an open day invitation!
    I've heard at the open day, all they do is make you sit in groups and there's a geography article or something on the table and you discuss it within your group. It's not a test or anything.
    How d'you know its basically an offer, if thats the case I don't need to worry about it

ReputationRep:
    I've read a few posts from people who have had the same thing and they all pretty much said that it's an offer.

If you read it, it just says that the open day is to see if you'll like the place or something :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stupot211)
    i've had an invitation for geography/economics open day, is this basically an offer or do i need to prepare for it?
    Ahhhh I'm so jealous of all these Geography Open day people :mad:

Seems like more people get Open Day offers than Interview? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR5678)
    Aww thanks well i hope i get an offer but how can you be so sure? Having a one-to-one interview gives you the chance to stand out more (but yeah i know it can be a lot scarier!)
    And UCL say that they dont usually give offers if you dont go to the open day so maybe I will be interviewed...hmmm...do you know anyone else who did an interview/open day?
    Um no, I don't think so. If you've been given an invitation to an Open day, I don't see why they're suddenly gonna ask you for an interview. They say if you don't go to the Open day you won't get an offer because the Open Day is to see if you're interested i.e willing to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stupot211)
    I've got the same thing, which day is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragaa)
    anyone here who has/had interview for medicine??
    Good luck. They're honestly the most pleasant bunch I've ever come across. It'll be fun.

ReputationRep:
    anybody else for the psychology open day on the 26th January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldandelion)
    nothing
    my application got acknowledged not long after it was sent off, but I've heard nothing past that...

what about you?
    Not a word, unfortunately, where else have you applied?

Basically, I can handle rejection if I get an offer from another of my top ones. But if not I'll be sadddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicalstudent)
    Has anyone who's applied for Ancient World Studies applied for it with a uear abroad?

I have thought I'd give it a shot; could be interesting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.