Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smid1345)
    Oh thank you! I surely hope so, because I'm quite afraid of the interview! But it will be far better than a rejection :P Have you applied there as well? Did you get an offer! Congrats if you did! I'm also applying to Warwick (got an offer), Edinburgh (still waiting), and Glasgow (offer). It is hard to say which one is my favorite but I think it is either IC or UCL Where did you apply?
    Lol it definitely is better than a rejection. Haha noo don't be nervous, UCL interview is really relaxed and casual. Either way you're all good! I have applied to UCL yes, got my offer, really really pleased. Just wanted either UCL or IC, still waiting for IC though. They are my top 2 Ooo nice set of universities there. What's the glasgow offer? I also applied to Warwick and got an offer but it's the exact same as UCL so that's kinda pointless now Erm got an unconditional from loughborough which will be my back up if i dont get IC, because I also play tennis for england. but tennis gets rejected when it comes to exams. if i get the grades it's worth it though!

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back from natural science..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah Park)
    Same here! I applied for Natural Sciences and I'm also an international, but I sent in my app in October. Where are you from? I live in Taiwan; if you didn't just Google the country, they should definitely let you in xD
    Yeh my bad, I meant October 12th too. Yes I didn't google Taiwan so I'm feeling good haha. I'm from New Zealand, so if you know where that is then you will def get in haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andre09)
    anyone heard back from natural science..?
    Na I haven't heard back yet and I sent mine off ages ago, around mid-october!!

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back for civil engineering?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzy the Bookworm)
    Hi! I sent my application off for English in mid Oct and haven't heard anything except an acknowledgement.... I know people who've been rejected but I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed or accepted... when do they get back to people?
    Thanks!
    I had my interview at UCL for English late November and I phoned the admissions people last week to ask when I'd hear. Apparently I'll be receiving a letter tomorrow, which means they will be doing the next batch of applicants soonish. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiamingles)
    I had my interview at UCL for English late November and I phoned the admissions people last week to ask when I'd hear. Apparently I'll be receiving a letter tomorrow, which means they will be doing the next batch of applicants soonish. Good luck!
    Thank you! That's really good to know!
    Good luck btw, hope you get your place!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwlhs93)
    I did the same, nobody I personally know has received back from UCL about English yet. They have a lot of applicants to get through for English - its really over subscribed. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
    Thanks, good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    One of my friend's applied for civil engineering BEng course and she hasn't heard anything either.
    oh ok thats fine then ..thanx...what did u apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jroy9)
    Yeh my bad, I meant October 12th too. Yes I didn't google Taiwan so I'm feeling good haha. I'm from New Zealand, so if you know where that is then you will def get in haha
    Yey... I know that you are more likely to be a sheep than a person ??? xDDD jkjk. We have sheeps here too....like 100, on some mountain. It's actually a tourist spot. --" Wow...my comments are so off topic for this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiamingles)
    Let us know what happens, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    no problem, my friend will be relieved too now lol, I applied for general engineering, I didn't know what I wanted to specialize in, but I chose mechanical at UCL. Taking a day off school too? lol
    oh cool where else did u apply?....yup i have an exam in like an hour ...history resit im soo screwed lol...but its my AS and i dropped it ...most universities dont even care what i get :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah Park)
    Yey... I know that you are more likely to be a sheep than a person ??? xDDD jkjk. We have sheeps here too....like 100, on some mountain. It's actually a tourist spot. --" Wow...my comments are so off topic for this thread.
    Wow haha that was off topic. Ouch, there's more to NZ than sheep haha (although we have a lot I admit). I'm guessing the mountain is the tourist spot rather than the sheep :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sound so strange and so random, but I'm kinda new to this site!

I'm from Singapore, so I'll be an international student in UCL! I was wondering who else applied for Medicinal Chemistry or Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jroy9)
    Na I haven't heard back yet and I sent mine off ages ago, around mid-october!!
    me too! they are taking so longggg... i heard from the career counselor in my school taht UCL replies in march.. i hope its not true..

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from UCL for computer science :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I applied to UEL, Durham, Warwick, UCL and oxford. I was gonna put UEL as my first choice cos all my mates were going there, but now im not sure. Yeah that's the same with russian I got it tomo, no point taking it they only want the maths and physics. Where else did you apply?
    oh cool cool...i only applied in london...UCL, City, Queen Marys, Brunel and London south bank ....im not sure where i wanna go cas im pretty sure UCL will probably reject me and i know i dont wanna go to london south bank ....have u had any offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, sent off my UCAS on the 17th of November, had an interview for Electronic/Electrical MEng on the 15th December, still havent heard back from them.. Anyone got any ideas on how long they should take?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragaa)
    UCL please give me an OFFER, please
    Me too Thank God I got an offer from York, otherwise I would bite my fingers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrinagray92)
    anyone heard from UCL for mathematics yet? I sent my UCAS off 2 months ago and i don't know anyone who has heard back yet
    Yep - UCL's gonna be my insurance. From reading through the maths applicants' thread for this year, UCL seems to process applicants in batches.. You'll probably get an e-mail soon asking for your module grades and they seem to be fairly important to UCL.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.