The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by dj9
Got an offer for comp sci international. I can share your excitement now!:smile:

wahooooo! i told you! whats the offer?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2181
Original post by amohamud15
Wow, Congrats! :smile:

where else are you applying?

Cheers.
Leeds, Sheffield, Nottingham and King's.
And yourself? I get the impression that Medical Physics isn't a particularly popular or highly-applied to course, especially with only the 7 unis actually offering it per se.
Reply 2182
Original post by naugh123
wahooooo! i told you! whats the offer?

:biggrin: AAAe. thought it would be AABe but who cares haha. Just need to not fail C4 :s-smilie: and it'll be fine. (slightly jealous of ur AAB offer :tongue:)
How's any jan exams going? And u do spanish? i did it for gcse and wanted to do it for a-levels but didnt hav time. how u finding it?
Reply 2183
got an offer for law!
I am ecstatic :smile:
Original post by parkeroo
got an offer for law!
I am ecstatic :smile:

Congratulations!! :smile:
Do you think you'll accept?
when did you take your LNAT?
if you don't mind me asking
Original post by yokabasha
Yh I got offers from all of them apart from UCL, but I'm having trouble deciding between warwick and UEL, my friends think it's better for me to go to warwick, but I just don't wana leave them lol. What about you?

wow thats awesome....i think warwick is a better university but its not in london and it doesnt matter where ur friends go as ull make new friends at university :smile:
ive got offers from Queen marys, brunel and south bank but still waiting for UCL and city ...whats ur first choice and back up and when did u apply?
I have applied for Psychology in mid November, but haven't heard from UCL yet. No invitation for interview, no offer, no rejection either. I am an EU student, IB track. Is no news good news, or should I despair?
Reply 2187
Original post by Andre09
me too! they are taking so longggg... i heard from the career counselor in my school taht UCL replies in march.. i hope its not true..

Ahhhh, jeez I hope they don't wait til March aye:eek:. I'm tempted to email politely and ask when they make their decisions, but I don't want to sound impatient (even though I am haha).
Reply 2188
I'm still waiting for a decision. But if I was lucky enough to get an offer. I would have to choose between Natural Sciences at UCL and also Nat Sci at Durham. Anyone else in this position? I'm a pretty social person, who enjoys his sport. But mostly I want an enjoyable (and well thought of) degree. Which one?

Thanks!!!:smile:
Original post by yokabasha
That's awesome too those are good unis, you like the london area don't you?:smile: UEL have offered BBB and Warwick AAB, I think I'm gonna put warwick 1st choice and UEL as back up. Wot about you? and how did your history exam go?

yh that sounds good and BBB is a good back up
my history exam was ok my hands dead now...soo much writing :P
i think im going to put queen marys first choice which is ABB and brunel as back up as its 320 point with AS but i want to see what City says and im pretty sure UCL will reject me but we shall see...london south bank was my original back up as it was CCC but like i really dont wanna go there whilst i dont mind going to brunel so i changed my mind :P
Original post by jroy9
Wow haha that was off topic. Ouch, there's more to NZ than sheep haha (although we have a lot I admit:smile:). I'm guessing the mountain is the tourist spot rather than the sheep :rolleyes:.

Actually, people go there to see sheep xD ( There's not a lot of cattle here...) So, to get back on topic.. what kind of Natural Sciences are you doing? I'm thinking Bio+Math.
Reply 2191
Original post by stafford1992
Congratulations!! :smile:
Do you think you'll accept?
when did you take your LNAT?
if you don't mind me asking

Thank you!
Probably. :smile: But I'm from Canada, so I'm still waiting on some Ivy league/Canadian uni decisions.
I wrote my LNAT in late Oct. I'm really curious about my score.
Did you apply for Law too?
Reply 2192
Rejections for Astrophysics :frown:
Original post by Tom_Sg

Sorry to hear that! Hope you get your other offers :smile:

What were your AS and predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2194
Original post by KitKatFrench
Hey guys, sent off my UCAS on the 17th of November, had an interview for Electronic/Electrical MEng on the 15th December, still havent heard back from them.. Anyone got any ideas on how long they should take?

Cheers :smile:

Mine took three weeks but only because their system broke, it should take about 10 days. Are you going to Warwick on the 16th?
Original post by 04smitht
Mine took three weeks but only because their system broke, it should take about 10 days. Are you going to Warwick on the 16th?

Ahh ok, I'm just assuming that snow/Christmas has delayed mine as I haven't heard anything from track or via post..

Yeah I am, seemed like a fairly informal one tbh.. You? :smile:
Original post by Tom_Sg

Original post by Tom_Sg

Ahh sorry mate :frown: . How are your other offers going?
Reply 2197
Got an application update from UCL today for Computer Science (I just love their organization!). Not an offer, rejection, interview, just to inform me that the application has been reviewed by the CS admissions tutor and now he will contact the faculty tutor because he is the one making the decisions for admission. It also mentioned that " All recommendations will be processed before the end of March". pfff
Reply 2198
Original post by smid1345
Got an application update from UCL today for Computer Science (I just love their organization!). Not an offer, rejection, interview, just to inform me that the application has been reviewed by the CS admissions tutor and now he will contact the faculty tutor because he is the one making the decisions for admission. It also mentioned that " All recommendations will be processed before the end of March". pfff

When did you apply? I applied about a month ago for neuroscience, received the same email, and now I'm still waiting! It's so frustrating to wait, because many people have already had interviews and received offers... Good luck!
Reply 2199
I've been waiting since the beginning of November. This is getting so annoyinggggg.

Note excessive gs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending