The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

anyone know when Law is going to be heard from? Applied 20th November still haven't heard anything :smile:

x
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by vanya123
hey peopleeee

Has anyone received an offer for economics business and eastern European studies within the last 2-3 weeks or so....? I applied end of october but i still havnt heard form them... does that mean im going to get rejected? should i be worried? :frown:

dont worry. im in da same position as u. i havnt heard from dem 4 a long time. buh still good luck 2 u :smile:
Reply 2402
Original post by moonsailorkitten
anyone know when Law is going to be heard from? Applied 20th November still haven't heard anything :smile:

x

I applied 6th Oct and still nothing..
Reply 2403
Just got an offer for history (VI04). It's my top choice, along with LSE, now to choose!
Original post by elpis
Just got an offer for history (VI04). It's my top choice, along with LSE, now to choose!

Congratulations!
I don't suppose you know if that runs on the same admissions schedule as V100 History?
Reply 2405
Original post by elpis

Could I ask how long it took to get your offer after submitting the questionnaire?

Thanks
Original post by ElsRigg
yeah, that was at the Slade. Well, I applied for Fine Art (Ruskin,ECA,Slade,Central)- I only had one space on my UCAS so I added HOA at Edinburgh, and then transfered my application at UCL. I reaaaally wanted to apply at Courthauld but decided it was abit risky seeing as I now only have two options!
What about you? Are you taking your A levels this year or are you on a gap year?

Ah cool, so what are your first choices? Are going to go for fine art or art history?

Hmm I'm starting to think of withdrawing my Courtauld app because I don't reeaally want to go there and I've got to give the questionnaire in by the end of this week which is going to be impossible! Plus out of the London unis I've applied to I prefer UCL. :smile:

Other than those two, I've got offers from UEA and Warwick and then I got rejected from Cambridge. At the moment my favourite is Warwick with UEA as insurance possibly...

I'm doing A levels. What about you? Which subjects?

Original post by EcstaticMuse
Fellow HoA people!!!!!! *waves* :biggrin:

Hello there! *waves back* How's it going?
Reply 2407
Original post by Ruadhan
Anyone heard anything for any statistics related courses?? I sent mine in just before
Oxbridge deadline and still nothing. I hate waiting

i applied around the same time as you for maths and statistical science. haven't heard anything though :/
Just firmed UCL :eek4:
Reply 2409
Has anyone heard anything about German (single honours)? Interviews/ offers/ rejections?????
Offer for History at UCL AAA needed so happyy!
Did anyone get an offer for psychology recently?

I am just wondering 'cause some people doing my course (who also applied to UCL) got rejected in the past few weeks. I did not hear anything since the end of November (apart from the acknowledgement).

Good luck everyone x]
Reply 2412
Any Computer Science applicants with news? Offers or rejections? I sent my application on November 9th and so far only got an acknowledgment and the following mail:

We thought we’d send you an update.

UCAS ID - XXXXXXXXXX

Dear X,

Thank you for your patience while we have been considering your application.

The Computer Science Admissions Tutor has now reviewed your application and will be communicating with our Faculty Tutor who has the responsibility of making all admissions related decisions within the Faculty of Engineering Sciences.

The college policy is that the final formal decisions about offers are made at Faculty level because the field is very competitive, and because some physical limitations (number and size of lecture theatres, availability of accommodation, etc) require that we limit the number of offers that we make. All recommendations will be processed before the end of March.

Please note that this is just an informal email written to let you know what is happening. The Faculty Tutor’s Office will now continue to process your application and will notify you of the outcome, by updating the status on UCAS track, as soon as they can.

We hope this (brief) update was useful.

All the best,

Chris Neil
Undergraduate Administrator

(Sent on behalf of Dr Simon Julier, Undergraduate Admissions Tutor,
UCL Department of Computer Science)

It has been 11 days since I received this email and I must say that waiting can be a nerve cracking process! I'm utterly obsessed with UCL right now and I don't even think about my Imperial interview next month. pffff anyone else ever received this email? what do you think I should expect?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Dallas Green
Did anyone get an offer for psychology recently?

I am just wondering 'cause some people doing my course (who also applied to UCL) got rejected in the past few weeks. I did not hear anything since the end of November (apart from the acknowledgement).

Good luck everyone x]

I got an offer today after attending an open day for psychology :smile: before that I filled out a questionnaire. No news is good news with UCL, so fingers crossed. You may get the questionnaire soon. Good luck x
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Just firmed UCL :eek4:

Oooh! I bet that felt good. I plan on doing so soon, just need to wait for a reply from Nottingham. :cool:
Reply 2415
Original post by calleenal
Ah cool, so what are your first choices? Are going to go for fine art or art history?

Hmm I'm starting to think of withdrawing my Courtauld app because I don't reeaally want to go there and I've got to give the questionnaire in by the end of this week which is going to be impossible! Plus out of the London unis I've applied to I prefer UCL. :smile:

Other than those two, I've got offers from UEA and Warwick and then I got rejected from Cambridge. At the moment my favourite is Warwick with UEA as insurance possibly...

I'm doing A levels. What about you? Which subjects?

Wow, well done on your UEA and warwick offers! pfft, oxbridge smoxbridge. (I got rejected from Oxford :biggrin:) I know what you mean about courtauld...the application process goes on abit.
I think UCL for History of Art with material studies is my first choice but i'm not counting on an offer! Then probably Ediburgh (I have applied for HOA and eng lit joint honours and HOA single). I don't think I will get in anywhere for Fine Art because I do all figurative work and I haven't done a foundation. Also I don't think it's really 'cutting edge' enough for the art colleges today. I would really like to go into conservation (but preserving heritage (old buildings and houses), rather than particular artifacts) and I reckon HOA will be more useful for that career than Fine Art...an MA at Courtauld is the plan at the moment!

Im on a gap year, I did A levels last year - Chemistry (A), Eng Lit (A*), Art and Design (A*), Geog (A*). Abit of a weird mix, I know. Thats why the material studies course sounds so good, as then my chemistry actually counts for something! What subjects you doing?
Original post by calleenal
?
Hello there! *waves back* How's it going?

Getting through a surprisingly tough week in school. Don't know why they decided to pile up project after project but I've been crazy busy! How about you?
Reply 2417
Pretty sure that I have an offer for maths G107, I received a letter saying something along the lines of: I am pleased to tell you that I have recommended to our faculty office that you be made an offer for a place.

however there is no mention of what the offer actually is, apart from saying if I want to meet the conditions I will have to visit UCL in Feb. Will I find out what the offer is after I go to this? Anyone in this situation?
Original post by Jederrs
Pretty sure that I have an offer for maths G107, I received a letter saying something along the lines of: I am pleased to tell you that I have recommended to our faculty office that you be made an offer for a place.

however there is no mention of what the offer actually is, apart from saying if I want to meet the conditions I will have to visit UCL in Feb. Will I find out what the offer is after I go to this? Anyone in this situation?

Yep you've pretty much got the offer, congratulations :smile:

The condition is you have to visit the department on the date they've given, once you do that you'll get the offer officially with the grade conditions.
Original post by smid1345
Any Computer Science applicants with news? Offers or rejections? I sent my application on November 9th and so far only got an acknowledgment and the following mail:

We thought we’d send you an update.

UCAS ID - XXXXXXXXXX

Dear X,

Thank you for your patience while we have been considering your application.

The Computer Science Admissions Tutor has now reviewed your application and will be communicating with our Faculty Tutor who has the responsibility of making all admissions related decisions within the Faculty of Engineering Sciences.

The college policy is that the final formal decisions about offers are made at Faculty level because the field is very competitive, and because some physical limitations (number and size of lecture theatres, availability of accommodation, etc) require that we limit the number of offers that we make. All recommendations will be processed before the end of March.

Please note that this is just an informal email written to let you know what is happening. The Faculty Tutor’s Office will now continue to process your application and will notify you of the outcome, by updating the status on UCAS track, as soon as they can.

We hope this (brief) update was useful.

All the best,

Chris Neil
Undergraduate Administrator

(Sent on behalf of Dr Simon Julier, Undergraduate Admissions Tutor,
UCL Department of Computer Science)

It has been 11 days since I received this email and I must say that waiting can be a nerve cracking process! I'm utterly obsessed with UCL right now and I don't even think about my Imperial interview next month. pffff anyone else ever received this email? what do you think I should expect?

I got my offer from UCL for CSci at the start of January. Unlucky mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending