Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    nottingham is my insurance!

it took me ages to press 'submit', such a momentous decision :p: I'm so excited now though, still getting over the fact that they gave me a place in the first place!
    Ah I know! Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Attended a psychology open day and was told I have an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    guys whoever applied to project management for construction were you also asked to write another personal statement, and if so what kind of things did you include??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdie30)
    Has anyone heard anything about German (single honours)? Interviews/ offers/ rejections?????
    I've applied for French and German and still haven't heard anything : /
    Starting to get very nervous, but I guess no news is better than a rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingpong)
    I have a question

UCL sent mail but it was directly to my SPAM!!

So I saw this mail now they sent it 10/JAN and resent 21/JAN

They need my math and further math percentage

Do you think it will affect my offer?

I hope it won't affect it..

OMG~~~~
    Yep it definitely affects your offer, what were your UMS scores for maths and further maths?

ReputationRep:
    hi,

I have been invited for interview for biochemical engineering for next week, but im really nervous because im a reapplicant and I also applied for natural sciences at UCL this year, will the person who interviews me ask questions as to why I applied for different courses at same uni, how should I answer these sort of things??? I dont want them to think I prefer one over the other. HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soloman)
    hi,

I have been invited for interview for biochemical engineering for next week, but im really nervous because im a reapplicant and I also applied for natural sciences at UCL this year, will the person who interviews me ask questions as to why I applied for different courses at same uni, how should I answer these sort of things??? I dont want them to think I prefer one over the other. HELP!!
    Unless they have the same admissions tutor, they won't know (I don't think). Think about it - none of your other Unis know where you've applied, and it's the same with UCL - I'd put money on them having no idea you've applied there twice. =)
    Good luck for the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *_becky_*)
    Unless they have the same admissions tutor, they won't know (I don't think). Think about it - none of your other Unis know where you've applied, and it's the same with UCL - I'd put money on them having no idea you've applied there twice. =)
    Good luck for the interview!
    thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard post-interview for English? I'm so anxious!

ReputationRep:
    Civil Engineering
    AAA
    Got the offer without an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsRigg)
    Wow, well done on your UEA and warwick offers! pfft, oxbridge smoxbridge. (I got rejected from Oxford ) I know what you mean about courtauld...the application process goes on abit.
    I think UCL for History of Art with material studies is my first choice but i'm not counting on an offer! Then probably Ediburgh (I have applied for HOA and eng lit joint honours and HOA single). I don't think I will get in anywhere for Fine Art because I do all figurative work and I haven't done a foundation. Also I don't think it's really 'cutting edge' enough for the art colleges today. I would really like to go into conservation (but preserving heritage (old buildings and houses), rather than particular artifacts) and I reckon HOA will be more useful for that career than Fine Art...an MA at Courtauld is the plan at the moment!

Im on a gap year, I did A levels last year - Chemistry (A), Eng Lit (A*), Art and Design (A*), Geog (A*). Abit of a weird mix, I know. Thats why the material studies course sounds so good, as then my chemistry actually counts for something! What subjects you doing?
    Thankyou! Hehe, exactly soo overrated.

I think with those stellar A levels you're in with a pretty good chance. Seriously. I would probably kill for grades like that by the end of the summer...

Oh I know what you mean about figurative stuff and art colleges. It seems there's quite a lot of pressure to have a portfolio thats avant-garde and radical and abstract or something. At my college they're not that encouraging to people who want to do stuff other than painting (mainly because they're easier to store and display) so everyone ends up having these enormous canvases that sort of imitate this expressionist 'painterly' style.

Think positively, I'm sure you'll be surprised! Conservation eh, that sounds really interesting! I can see how your a levels work well with that. What have you been doing on your gap year?

I'm doing Eng lit, French, History and History of Art (although the actual name of the course is 'Critical and Contextual Studies' but it is basically that) plus an Extended Project. And I did Art at AS last year.

Anyway, best of luck, I think you may just breeze through the whole interview process without too much trouble.

(Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Getting through a surprisingly tough week in school. Don't know why they decided to pile up project after project but I've been crazy busy! How about you?
    Yes, same! I've got about 6 essays to write for next week! Insanity!
    I'm doing an EPQ and its driving me crazy, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Time for a relaxed weekend spent sleeping I think...

ReputationRep:
    xxxx
    I see you have put the chemistry and biochemistry applicants together in the first post. But they are really different subjects. If anything biochemistry should be with biology as they are both life sciences and chemistry is a physical sciencel. So I think you should move the biochemists.

I'm a chemistry applicant btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    I see you have put the chemistry and biochemistry applicants together in the first post. But they are really different subjects. If anything biochemistry should be with biology as they are both life sciences and chemistry is a physical sciencel. So I think you should move the biochemists.

I'm a chemistry applicant btw.
    Ahh, my mistake! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll edit it. Totally not a science person at all, haha, so I saw chem in there and was like "GROUP!" Good luck on your app!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calleenal)
    Yes, same! I've got about 6 essays to write for next week! Insanity!
    I'm doing an EPQ and its driving me crazy, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Time for a relaxed weekend spent sleeping I think...

It is! Too much, really. And yes, sleeping in will be necessary this weekend. Or just not doing anything for a change. (Bet we'll be like this at UCL, too, haha, though maybe not since I'll be a lot more interested in the subjects I'm studying. )

Also, your Killers sig... I'm listening to them as I try to finish this pesky Latin translation. Vergil and Brandon Flowers make a good combination.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, my mistake! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll edit it. Totally not a science person at all, haha, so I saw chem in there and was like "GROUP!" Good luck on your app!
    Thanks. Good luck to you to on making your offers! (And well done for getting all 5 ^_^ )

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received an offer for economics L100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habfast)
    Many have. I have a conditional as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habfast)

(Original post by shubham_ag)
    Many have. I have a conditional as well.
    do you think the more time the universities spend to give the replies = average or weaker applicants?

What I mean is that, for some people as soon as their application get acknowledged, they get offers which probably means they are really strong candidates??
    So, since it has taken now about a week to 5 days, would that mean I'm not that of a strong applicant? York Uni is the one that I would say one of the easiest to get into out of the unis I have chosen. It's been almost 1 week, that means, I'm not that of a strong applicant for them which means I have a no chance in UCL....??

ReputationRep:
    It is! Too much, really. And yes, sleeping in will be necessary this weekend. Or just not doing anything for a change. (Bet we'll be like this at UCL, too, haha, though maybe not since I'll be a lot more interested in the subjects I'm studying. )

Also, your Killers sig... I'm listening to them as I try to finish this pesky Latin translation. Vergil and Brandon Flowers make a good combination.
    Exactly. Although, my parents are out this weekend so with a free run of the house, I think I may stock up on booze and do something ridiculous...

Haha I really hope we're not- I always imagined the student lifestyle was about never sleeping at all and spending a lot of time in grotty clubs.

Eh, I love the Killers! Especially that song. Good luck with that, lol, who knew they were such a good combo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanahoria)
    do you think the more time the universities spend to give the replies = average or weaker applicants?

What I mean is that, for some people as soon as their application get acknowledged, they get offers which probably means they are really strong candidates??
    So, since it has taken now about a week to 5 days, would that mean I'm not that of a strong applicant? York Uni is the one that I would say one of the easiest to get into out of the unis I have chosen. It's been almost 1 week, that means, I'm not that of a strong applicant for them which means I have a no chance in UCL....??
    I see that you've applied on Jan 15th, it would be too soon at this stage to expect anything other than an acknowledgement.

Remember there are applicants who have applied since September, usually the earlier you send your application the earlier you'll get the reply (though not always).

Give it some time UCL are known to take their time on each application, I would realistically expect a reply some time in march! Just keep holding on and remember patience is a virtue :p:

Best of luck to you, do keep us updated if you hear anything from them :yy:

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.