Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Law got an offer with LNAT of 21/42? My LNAT score is worrying me..

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please tell me at which e-mail address I should e-mail UCL to get feedback as to why my application was unsuccessful? I'm just curious, initially thought it was LNAT but people with LNAT scores lower than me have offers and I have 10A*s at IGCSEs and 45 predicted IB so I'd like to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jroy9)
    Hey, sorry for the mega-late reply been away enjoying the NZ summer haha. Um yeh we went to a whole lot of unis in England it was cool (Durham and UCL were my favourites).
    Haha yeh I'm sightly worried about the cold being so far up in Durham. That's mothers aye, they're awesome haha
    Lol...I'm finally enjoying vacation too xD Trying out the freezing weather in Korea...it's not as bad as I thought, so hopefully I can survive the infamous British weather for 3 or 4 years~

When is UCL gonna contact usss ((((

ReputationRep:
    I applied Jan. 24th for the MSc in Anthropology, Environment, and Development. Anyone esle trying for the same?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Physics, and Medical Physics.
    Offer for Medical Physics, haven't heard back from Physics...sent of my application early October?!
    Anyone else had the same?!

and also, for all those going into halls...RECOMMEND ME THE BEST PLACE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Anyone here firmed UCL yet?
    I'm starting to look at applying for accomodation! :I
    No idea where to go!
    I hear Shafer is good?!
    I have the same poblem as well!
    what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected today for Philosophy.. booooo! Not too bummed though as I've got LSE.. UCL just had an amazing campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    Can anyone please tell me at which e-mail address I should e-mail UCL to get feedback as to why my application was unsuccessful? I'm just curious, initially thought it was LNAT but people with LNAT scores lower than me have offers and I have 10A*s at IGCSEs and 45 predicted IB so I'd like to know!
    if u have a predicted 45 in IB, they know that u wont be going to there uni, but to a better one.. therefore, why would they bother giving u an offer if they're almost sure that u wont be going there. i think that they are shooting for people in their range. by ur IB predicted score, i think that u shud be aiming for cambridge or oxford, not UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine and Pharmacology for me. I've been invited to a Pharmacology interview which is on at the 9th Feb but I haven't heard anything from the Medical School

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndory13)
    hi, did u apply for L101 from UCL
    the international programme
    because i applied early november
    and havent even got an acknowledgement yet
    bit worried
    + congratulations on getting an open day at least
    Yeah I applied for L101, just keep your chin up for now and thanks

(Original post by Unknown-User)
    Hey,

How was the open day? Did you get an interview in the end?
    It was pretty standard, no interview. They gave a talk and a tour, was all over in just over 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Interview for Law with French Law

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from Maths with Economics? .... I applied before the Oxbrdige deadline and havnt heard anything apart from the ackowledgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    Anyone applying for Law got an offer with LNAT of 21/42? My LNAT score is worrying me..
    My friend got an offer with 20. What's the rest of your application like?

ReputationRep:
    Is it a bad thing that I haven't heard from UCL since receiving their e-mail acknowledging my application? (Which I sent in Nov.)
    No open day invitation or anything of the sort :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    Is it a bad thing that I haven't heard from UCL since receiving their e-mail acknowledging my application? (Which I sent in Nov.)
    Aww , I hope that you get an interview invite or an open day invite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikkisong)
    Well, sans patience, I emailed the portico services email address they include in the registration email. I got one back a few hours later stating that my reference emails had finally been sent. Thank goodness I checked, it could have been weeks of waiting with an incomplete application. Thanks so much for the response, it helped keep me...somewhat...sane.
    YAY! Oh, I bet that's a load off your shoulders. I would have been impatient, too, had I been in that situation. And no problem! We all need to help keep each other sane throughout this process. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    Sometimes no news is good news. They might be weeding out applicants they don't want to take to the next step (interviews/open days) so hang tight! I'm sure good news is coming your way.

ReputationRep:
    History of Art interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzlfp)
    My friend got an offer with 20. What's the rest of your application like?
    That's a relief!
    LSE - Acknowledged
    UCL - Acknowledged
    KCL - Acknowledged
    Nottingham - Offer (AAB)
    Cardiff - Offer (ABB)

I'm international so I guess that is why I have easier offers for Nottingham and Cardiff.

My results are not really that impressive so I don't know if I would actually get any offers from the other unis.

SPM (equivalent to O'Levels): 11 1A
    AS: aabb (aaaa after I resat for History and Economics)
    Predicted: A*AAA (A* in Accounting, A in Economics, Mathematics and History)

I guess I am just not confident because I resat for the papers to get A unlike many other friends of mine who got aaaa in one sitting for their AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s11141)
    if u have a predicted 45 in IB, they know that u wont be going to there uni, but to a better one.. therefore, why would they bother giving u an offer if they're almost sure that u wont be going there. i think that they are shooting for people in their range. by ur IB predicted score, i think that u shud be aiming for cambridge or oxford, not UCL.
    Haha thank you, I actually already have an offer from Cambridge, but my friend who is predicted 44 got an offer from UCL so I think there probably really is a reason behind it! I'm not too bothered by it since I have Cambridge, but I was hoping to put UCL as insurance as opposed to LSE because I liked their campus better! Oh well, that's life! Thanks anyways though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.