Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrubby)
    Erm thanks? I guess it's better than being abused about it.

Yeah it is mostly the course, the location and the general awesomeness of UCL :awesome: The clinical side of things isn't really what makes me want to come to UCL though because I could just go to Cambridge for pre-clinicals and then go to UCL for clinicals. It's just the general medical education and the life at UCL. Like you said it's more geared towards producing doctors with scientific knowledge not just researchers with some clinical knowledge. And yeah I'd like to think it's pretty informed.

So that aside, has anybody got any answers to my previous questions?
    I meant exposure in the first three years of your course. You'll get more opportunities to do mini-secondments at various hospitals in London, an almost pre-requisite to what you'll be experiencing in clinical which I think is a lot more beneficial than grinding out mostly theory for the first 3 years, then tackling clinical from thereon. A medical education at a London-based provider will undoubtedly prepare you adequately for the rigours of working in real life.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh I want to receive an offer from UCL so badly!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanahoria)
    Hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    ME TOO!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The story of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathgooner)
    I hear Shafer is good?!
    I have the same poblem as well!
    what did you apply for?
    I applied for MSci Chemistry Yeah Schafer looks good! No idea where else though but I havn't applied yet. Just trying to focus on getting the grades to get in. What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    I've been lurking from time to time and just got my offer for Medicine at UCL :woo: and so thought I may as well stop lurking :ninja: start talking to everyone on the thread :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Any Philo&Econ applicants??

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing back from UCL, starting to get slightly worried! Was paranoid that if they sent me an email it would've gone into my spam, argh!

Anyone with offers for physics?

ReputationRep:
    Hello :-) anyone going to the ESPS assessment day tomorrow? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunter'sdaughter)
    Hello all,
    I've been lurking from time to time and just got my offer for Medicine at UCL :woo: and so thought I may as well stop lurking :ninja: start talking to everyone on the thread :yep:
    Yay, are you going to firm that offer? I've also applied to UCL to study Medicine but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I REALLY want to go to UCL, oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hawflo)
    Yay, are you going to firm that offer? I've also applied to UCL to study Medicine but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I REALLY want to go to UCL, oh well
    Yeah I'm going to firm them, UCL is amazing :woo:
    I wouldn't worry about responses, they interview 700-800 and have only just started to invite people to interview, so you're still in with a chance :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shay_5293)
    Anyone waiting for l100 bsc economics offers. Also if anyone got offers/rejections, may i know what kind of calibre of students you are
    Got rejected Friday for Economics with AAAB in at AS-Level in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, and the B in Politics. I emailed them and its the B that got me rejected, along with a B in 1 of 3 Further Maths modules.
    A-Level prediction was A*A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chetz92)
    Got rejected Friday for Economics with AAAB in at AS-Level in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, and the B in Politics. I emailed them and its the B that got me rejected, along with a B in 1 of 3 Further Maths modules.
    A-Level prediction was A*A*AA.
    My friend has an A*A*A*A* prediction and full marks in 8 modules and still got rejected. Don't be disheartened by it, they have a pretty arbitrary khuntish system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rofl)
    My friend has an A*A*A*A* prediction and full marks in 8 modules and still got rejected. Don't be disheartened by it, they have a pretty arbitrary khuntish system.
    Khuntish, I love that word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    I applied for MSci Chemistry Yeah Schafer looks good! No idea where else though but I havn't applied yet. Just trying to focus on getting the grades to get in. What did you apply for?
    Congrats on that!
    I've applied for Msci in Physics, and Msci in Physics
    got med phys offer, phys interview on the 16th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w.hester)
    Still nothing back from UCL, starting to get slightly worried! Was paranoid that if they sent me an email it would've gone into my spam, argh!

Anyone with offers for physics?
    I have an interview on the 16th, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunter'sdaughter)
    Yeah I'm going to firm them, UCL is amazing :woo:
    I wouldn't worry about responses, they interview 700-800 and have only just started to invite people to interview, so you're still in with a chance :yep:
    Cool! I'll just have to wait and hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    anyone got accepted for English lit (Q300)? I'm an international student so I did a quasi online interview thingy through email about two weeks ago but still haven't heard from them.... i'm growing more and more impatient everyday :< I had to watch like five episodes of the Mighty Boosh yesterday just to get this annoying UCL business out of my mind........... Mighty Boosh was good fun though... :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totti10)
    Any Philo&Econ applicants??
    i've been waiting. i sent in some essays they asked of me in early january.
    you?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.