The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Original post by nathgooner
I have an interview on the 16th, you?

Nope :frown: I applied for BSci , didn't realise you could apply for Mcsi straight away so I don't know if they thought I was one of those applicants who just wants to do a 3 year degree then go into teaching or something. But ultimately I would like to do a masters and see where that takes me.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Interpretation
I thought international students were not expected to attend open days... Did they by any chance thought that you were living in the UK?

Mm maybe, they told me they'd sent me a letter and, clearly, it's addressed to Japan, so I'd concluded that they knew I lived overseas.

But good, sounds like only people living in the UK are expected to go, so I'll be able to contact them and feel a bit better about it.. Thanks!
Original post by Ultimate1
Went to open yesterday and I have to admit that UCL really is awesome. Seems like such a nice and friendly atmosphere. Really gonna be hard to choose my firm now if I get offers from warwick and Durham.

Same, am waiting to hear from Warwick but if I do get an offer then it'll be a tough decision between those two and Exeter.
I can't make the Open Day but it sounds like they give you a good idea of what the place is like.. good to know you liked it!
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Ouch! What course are you applying did you apply for?

Natural sciences, MSci...I expected maybe two 5's, not three!!! : ( Wow, I really need to cram.
Original post by Hannah Park
Natural sciences, MSci...I expected maybe two 5's, not three!!! : ( Wow, I really need to cram.

Heyy ! Another Nat. Sci Applicant. Good luck with your conditions ! :biggrin:
Reply 2625
Original post by Scrubby
Is anyone applying for accomodation right now? I'm pretty certain I want to go to UCL and if I do end up going I want some decent accomodation nailed down. But are they even open to accomodation applications atm?

but... think of the xbox! the swimming pool!

don't do anything too rash, my friend :wink:
Reply 2626
I understand from UCL that they received the highest number of applications ever. That is why decisions are taking a little longer.

Keep waiting and hoping guys. Though the long wait is not easy.
Just received an open day invitation for Economics - 23rd Feb :smile: Anybody else?

What do these days consist of, anybody been already?
Original post by sammydolce
Same, am waiting to hear from Warwick but if I do get an offer then it'll be a tough decision between those two and Exeter.
I can't make the Open Day but it sounds like they give you a good idea of what the place is like.. good to know you liked it!

Yeah Warwick is nice, but I absolutely fell in love with UCL at the open day. Dunno what to do know. Speaking of which my offer officially came on track today! MY FIRST OFFICIAL OFFER AFTER 4 MONTHS!!!:woo:
Reply 2629
Original post by essien
I understand from UCL that they received the highest number of applications ever. That is why decisions are taking a little longer.

Keep waiting and hoping guys. Though the long wait is not easy.

The wait is actually more torturing than an instant rejection... I wish I heard anything!! OK, I have heard from York, so I shouldn't cvomplain too much, but I would really love to live in London next year!
Original post by Outsanity
Just received an open day invitation for Economics - 23rd Feb :smile: Anybody else?

What do these days consist of, anybody been already?

I received the same letter for Economics today! What does it mean though? WIll we certainly get offers now? Im very confused at the moment lol.
Original post by Kobie
but... think of the xbox! the swimming pool!

don't do anything too rash, my friend :wink:

Well the Xbox was fairly useless as the TV doesn't work but yeah I take your point. I'm just edging closer to UCL but I certainly haven't made any decision yet and I have a while yet to decide. I will probably go visit Cambridge again on a nice, sunny day to see if that will sway me towards Cambridge. UCL has the unfair advantage of me passing by it every few weeks or so and bumping into various students and fellow applicants constantly. Even if I did decide to go to Cambridge, I'd have to convince my parents that it'd be a good idea. Amazingly enough, they actually don't really want me to go to Cambridge. And they're ASIAN!
Mm maybe, they told me they'd sent me a letter and, clearly, it's addressed to Japan, so I'd concluded that they knew I lived overseas.

But good, sounds like only people living in the UK are expected to go, so I'll be able to contact them and feel a bit better about it.. Thanks!

Which course are did you apply for?

I'm not sure if this applies to every course at UCL, but at least for psychology, this is their policy regarding open days:

"We do not usually expect applicants from outside the UK to attend an open day. However, if you are visiting the UK at the time of one of our open days then you are very welcome to attend." (link)
Yeah Warwick is nice, but I absolutely fell in love with UCL at the open day. Dunno what to do know. Speaking of which my offer officially came on track today! MY FIRST OFFICIAL OFFER AFTER 4 MONTHS!!!:woo:

Really? it was that good?!

NICE!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE OFFER!! :bumps:
Did it take long for your offer to come through after Open Day???
Anyone heard from Maths with economics for UCL by any chance? If you did, tell me whether there was an interview/open day plz. Also, how many does the uni pick the applicants? Since I'm international, dunno what will happen :s-smilie:
Really? it was that good?!

NICE!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE OFFER!! :bumps:
Did it take long for your offer to come through after Open Day???

Thanks! :biggrin:

Yeah I personally liked it along with the people there, also the maths department was a small one which can be a good or a bad thing depending on which way you see it from.

My open day was on Wednesday and the offer came through today so it took 2 days. One of my mates got his offer before the open day. lol
My open day was on Wednesday and the offer came through today so it took 2 days. One of my mates got his offer before the open day. lol

as if! I had a psychology open day two weeks ago and I still haven't heard the conditions yet! Very jealous- congratulations :smile:
Original post by xbabycakes
as if! I had a psychology open day two weeks ago and I still haven't heard the conditions yet! Very jealous- congratulations :smile:

Don't worry, the main thing is that you've got the offer! :biggrin:

Is it likely to be your firm?
Upcoming biology interview:smile: can anyone give ideas/ advice? what should i expect? im so nervous...
Original post by Mclovin 93
I received the same letter for Economics today! What does it mean though? WIll we certainly get offers now? Im very confused at the moment lol.

Was the letter by post , email or track ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending