Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieparis22)
    I didn't bring my parents but almost half of everybody who came did on mine

(Original post by jessibobs)
    There were practically no parents when i went at the beginning of this month, they invite you back to the student social bar for drinks after, so I think its better to go without parentss, loads easier to talk to new people!

Apparently parents get sent away until the end of the open day anyway?
    Thank you! Contrasting answers though so I'll decide when the day comes, but this did help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)
    Thank you! Contrasting answers though so I'll decide when the day comes, but this did help
    0% parents when I went.

ReputationRep:
    Ohmyohmyohmy. Everyone who said visiting UCL made you fall in love with it was absolutely right. Making my way round Gower Street and Gordon Square was just :woo: :woo: :woo:

(Original post by Cutieapple44)
    Did anyone go on a campus tour recently and were you shown the accommodation on the campus tour?
    I got to see parts of Arthur Tattershall and Campbell House West and CHW seems pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Ohmyohmyohmy. Everyone who said visiting UCL made you fall in love with it was absolutely right. Making my way round Gower Street and Gordon Square was just :woo: :woo: :woo:
    UCL hardly ever seems to get mentioned on "prettiest university" threads but I think it's amazing. I loved it when I went to visit it looks so grand and... academic! My work experience was in the Institute of Classical Studies which is just down the road and every morning on my way to work I'd have a good nosy xD

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a Law with French interview next week. My mum is coming with me at the moment, but should I be going alone to this? If anyone has had an interview, did anyone bring parents? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    UCL hardly ever seems to get mentioned on "prettiest university" threads but I think it's amazing. I loved it when I went to visit it looks so grand and... academic! My work experience was in the Institute of Classical Studies which is just down the road and every morning on my way to work I'd have a good nosy xD
    I know! It's definitely not fair how it's not considered pretty because I loved it! And the atmosphere is so lovely, everyone's very friendly and knows everybody and it's so easy to get from one building to the next. That's so neat! Haha, I wish I could stay here longer but sadly, we leave for Scotland on Monday. Even looking at another university won't feel right. Almost like I'm cheating on UCL, which I am in love with right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    Hi, I have a Law with French interview next week. My mum is coming with me at the moment, but should I be going alone to this? If anyone has had an interview, did anyone bring parents? Thanks!
    Hi,

Lots of parents when I went for the Law Faculty Open Day. Best of luck.

Hope to see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffee-spoons)
    oh, don't worry about this. Basically, UCL don't want to give offers out to people who don't pitch up to an open day- because it kind of suggests you don't really care about going there. So, they give offers, but only confirms them after you've gone to the open day. If you''re in a different country it won't matter and you'll get the offer anyway
    I seee, right well I'll try not to get my hopes up too high just incase I DO get rejected. But that is reassuring, thanks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6K6)
    I have the interview day on 9th of March, and I still can't decide whether to go or not. I have an offer from Cambridge, and the 'trip' to London would cost a lot... not sure if it's worth it. I have no insurance choice though so that's quite a dilemma.

I have met a Chinese girl at Cambridge who had got an offer for Econ&Geog without any interview/open day. They'll probably wait till interviews are finished to make a decision about you. Hopefully you'll get an offer :>.
    Thank you! i just thought i'd have to be interviewed/go to a selection day before i got an offer, i'm home status.... hmm.. otherwise they would have rejected me by now right? i wonder if my application got lost!! by the way, might sound like a random question but did your interview day/selection day come through the post or by email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaliforniaKid)
    Hey,

Any offers for Economics (L100) or Economics - International Program (L101)?
    Especially Economics - International Program since there is only 20 spots!
    bump!

ReputationRep:
    History of Art with material studies interview by phone on thursday anyone had it yet? soooo want an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Economics & Geography!

ReputationRep:
    offers come through during weekends as well don't they???
    or is checking my email hoping to see one from UCAS a waste of time..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    offers come through during weekends as well don't they???
    or is checking my email hoping to see one from UCAS a waste of time..
    I think they don't work during the weekends.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Finally! UCL gave me an interview invite for 26 of March. I thought they were going to reject me, but now I am so happy)) Anybody else is going on 16th of March for Computer Sceince interview?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for economics and geography!!! so so happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazstar19)
    Offer for Economics & Geography!
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiee)
    Offer for economics and geography!!! so so happy
    Congratulations!!! They make offers without the selection day involved, that's nice .
    Is it your dream firm choice :>?

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Geography and Economics too I'm definitely going to firm it. Guess I'll see you all next year

ReputationRep:
    firming for medicine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.