Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    offer for economics and geography

ReputationRep:
    Hurry up history admissions people! And thats an order!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsRigg)
    unconditional for Hist of art and material studies
    anyone else?
    Also, for accomodation if my preferred is self-catered, single room, close to UCL, which 2 priorities would people advise??
    I was looking at the application form for UCL accomodation earlier today, and on the pdf online it said one preference? and not two. Or maybe I've read it wrong.. I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, any offers for Economics (L100) or Economics - International Program (L101)? Especially Economics - International Program since there is only 20 spots! Does anyone know if they will be releasing all the Economics - International Program (L101) decisions at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, I have just got an email telling me I've been recommended for an offer :woohoo:

Does it mean I will get one? Can I go drinking and stripping off?

They say that I am not obliged to go to the Open Day since I am from overseas, nonetheless, I am still welcome to attend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsRigg)
    unconditional for Hist of art and material studies
    anyone else?
    Also, for accomodation if my preferred is self-catered, single room, close to UCL, which 2 priorities would people advise??
    You only get one priority. I'd put proximity seeing as the other two are covered on the form (do you want to share a room/order of preferred hall type).

Remember, only people applying for intercollegiate halls get to put down their 1st and 2nd choices. And none of the intercollegiate halls are self-catered, so it's just pot luck really.

Also, if you're under 19 it's highly likely that you'll get a shared room if you go for self-catered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Hey people, I have just got an email telling me I've been recommended for an offer :woohoo:

Does it mean I will get one? Can I go drinking and stripping off?

They say that I am not obliged to go to the Open Day since I am from overseas, nonetheless, I am still welcome to attend.
    Yes, congrats. That constitutes an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbabycakes)
    I was looking at the application form for UCL accomodation earlier today, and on the pdf online it said one preference? and not two. Or maybe I've read it wrong.. I dunno.
    Yes, it's only one preference.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from UCL only to find that I've already missed one of their conditions (4 in SL maths)
    I only got a 3, it was all on my app, and I'm not retaking.
    Did they offer me a place mistakenly or will they let me keep my offer and give me a chance to fulfil the other conditions?!
    I've emailed them but they won't write back :-'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    Got an offer from UCL only to find that I've already missed one of their conditions (4 in SL maths)
    Did they offer me a place mistakenly or will they let me keep my offer and give me a chance to fulfil the other conditions?!
    I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like a tricky situation.

Why are you not retaking if you don't mind me asking? I think buy asking for a 4 they're letting you know they want you to retake it and meet that condition.

How long ago did you email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    I think they have made an exception. It even happens to people applying pre-qualification who miss their offers afterwards. If the offer has appeared on Track, it's legally binding and they can't take it back.

ReputationRep:
    If the offer has appeared on Track, it's legally binding and they can't take it back.
    Yeah only if she meets the conditions, including that 4 in maths. She'll have to retake or try and get them to change the conditions.

I'm waiting for the philosophy department to get back to me! Applied 10th December, did a test on 16th Feb, now just waiting...

ReputationRep:
    UCL rejection just right now... it hurts...
    I hope made a mistake of clicking...

ReputationRep:
    Which halls of residence do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I'm so happy that at last I have a 'recommended offer' from one of my top choices. Still hoping for others but UCL yes!! It's for Statistics, Economics and Finance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like a tricky situation.

Why are you not retaking if you don't mind me asking? I think buy asking for a 4 they're letting you know they want you to retake it and meet that condition.

How long ago did you email them?
    Well at my school Maths SL is an anticipated course, so we take our exams after just one year of studying as opposed to two (which is ridiculous really) and students who decide to retake usually self-study rather than attend class with the year below. And so I was considering a resit but was told that none of the students in past years at my school who have retaken their maths exams have improved their scores after another year of studying. So I thought it'd be better if I focused on my other subjects and made up for my 3 in them.. Esp. as I'm not looking to study anything mathematical or scientific at uni. Sorry for the lengthy explanation.

Yeah, could be. I sent my email 6 days ago... sucks cos I had finally got a response and now I have to wait all over again. It's worse this time around as well.

ReputationRep:
    I think they have made an exception. It even happens to people applying pre-qualification who miss their offers afterwards. If the offer has appeared on Track, it's legally binding and they can't take it back.
    I hope so, if they were aware of my situation I wish they'd have let me know though. Would have saved me from all of this stressing

Thing is I am applying pre-qualification. I still have all of my other IB exams to take this May, and the maths exam was taken a year earlier only because its an "anticipated" course at my school. I did make sure to tell them that in my email so hopefully that'll help in gaining their understanding.
    But I'm guessing that since my offer is conditional, it isn't legally binding. :afraid:

I just checked on UCAS and everything's there though. The fact that I have a three and the fact that I'm not registered to resit the exams. So hopefully they won't just change their minds on me.

ReputationRep:
    i sent my application around October. since then i got positive replies from all the universities i applied too except UCL .

UCL didnt answer me at all and 2 weeks ago they just send me an email that my application is being considered .

Am i the only one not to have an answer ?

ps im applying for computer science. G400

ReputationRep:
    UCL Natural Sciences 2011!!

Woop woop!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $haran)
    UCL Natural Sciences 2011!!

Woop woop!!
    Same. Not gonna firm it though

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.