Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just received a prospectus from UCL Faculty of Law "with compliments". Is this a good sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icy-snowflake)
    Sorry to hear that... :jumphug: You still have four other university choices to go, so don't give up!

If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades? I applied for the same course and I'm slightly really worried.
    Well I'm doing an access course atm because I kinda didn't complete my last year of IB haha but for IB I was predicted 39 points and I had already passed two modules of my access course with a distinction, so it's kinda gutting

Litte bit confused, I got the rejection, then six hours later got an acknowledgement email? I assume their systems are just a bit slow heh, got all excited when I saw the UCL email

"We've made a mistake!" haha, I wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asabashoyuki)
    Received acknowledgment too...after getting a rejection.

Is this a joke? or what...(despair
    Got the exact same like a 2nd kick in the face lol think their system is just slow

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that UCL interviews aren't academic? Quite a few people said they were just given tours asked a couple of personal questions last year then got given offers there......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks !

Lol no acknowledgement as of yet I am applying to SSEES, that may be a factor?

Good luck everybody Any other SSEES applicants?
    I'm applying to two courses at SSEES, Russian Studies and German and Russian. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my acknowledgment for Chem

ReputationRep:
    Username: JH-QC
    Course: Law
    Planned Entry: 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evelyn_Pannell)
    Got the exact same like a 2nd kick in the face lol think their system is just slow

This second-impact hurts, really, really hurts.

It's their loss anyway : (Oh, new icons!):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBeesley)
    I'm applying to two courses at SSEES, Russian Studies and German and Russian. What about you?
    Nice one
    I'm applying for Politics & East European Studies! Btw...where has everybodies rep gone...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBeesley)
    Economics, Business and Eastern European Studies (history in my case ) applicant here! Finally got my acknowledgement today! The apprehension is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    Username: Hilariousninja
    Course: Mathematics
    Planned entry: 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connhk)
    Economics, Business and Eastern European Studies (history in my case ) applicant here! Finally got my acknowledgement today! The apprehension is killing me!
    I still haven't got an acknowledgement! I know that my application should be with the admissions tutor though.

ReputationRep:
    Eek! Got acknowledgement yesterday and now have been sent the questionnaire...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkestskies)
    Eek! Got acknowledgement yesterday and now have been sent the questionnaire...
    For History?
    Uh-oh. I hope they're not sending them all out at the same time because I guess that would mean I've been rejected... :/

ReputationRep:
    Username: arcticandy
    Course: European Social and Political Studies

Apparently only 40 of 450 applicants get in. I'm so screwed. =/

ReputationRep:
    Name: mooniibuggy
    Course: Biomedical Sciences BSc

ReputationRep:
    Gabriela
    Law :P
    2011 ) I am soo excited, waiting for a reply )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticandy)
    Username: arcticandy
    Course: European Social and Political Studies

Apparently only 40 of 450 applicants get in. I'm so screwed. =/
    I can't find any UCL admissions stats. where'd you see that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stenner)
    For History?
    Uh-oh. I hope they're not sending them all out at the same time because I guess that would mean I've been rejected... :/
    I really doubt they have! I was extremely surprised and was wondering whether it's because I'm deferring - they're really unclear on their policies, aren't they? From what I could make out, in past years they've definitely not been in one chunk - I'm pretty sure people were getting responses quite randomly and individually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkestskies)
    I really doubt they have! I was extremely surprised and was wondering whether it's because I'm deferring - they're really unclear on their policies, aren't they? From what I could make out, in past years they've definitely not been in one chunk - I'm pretty sure people were getting responses quite randomly and individually.
    Ahhhh, I feel so relieved now. I was just unnerved because the acknowledgements seemed to come in huge chunks- Wednesday seemed to be Oxford day and Thursday UCL, and I just assumed they'd do the same with the questionnaires I suppose.

Here's hoping. The A2 course I'm doing about the historiography of the Holocaust would be brilliant to write about the "historical problem" so I'm desparate to get it!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.