Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Alukard)
    Yup. I hope UCAS is right and unis , must reply before 31 of march. I really need to sort out how I need to study and if I need to take IELTS again.
    I am taking CAE anyway;P And where are you from? I'm from Poland

ReputationRep:
    Yup. I hope UCAS is right and unis , must reply before 31 of march. I really need to sort out how I need to study and if I need to take IELTS again.
    The 31st March is not compulsory, it's a guideline suggested to unis to give their decisions by but the final deadline is in fact the first week of May.

LSE has already declared that some of its departments will give decisions as late as the second week of April. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fjalar)
    I am taking CAE anyway;P And where are you from? I'm from Poland
    I am on Warwick foundation course. And I am from Russia

The 31st March is not compulsory, it's a guideline suggested to unis to give their decisions by but the final deadline is in fact the first week of May.

LSE has already declared that some of its departments will give decisions as late as the second week of April. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for UCL.
    ooohhhh... I hope they won't! I really can't wait any longer T_T

ReputationRep:
    I am on Warwick foundation course.
    Sorry to interrupt, how are you liking Warwick? I'm a bit stuck between the two!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    Sorry to interrupt, how are you liking Warwick? I'm a bit stuck between the two!
    UCL and Warwick?! Of course UCL. I am not taking Warwick even as insurance! I am not saying Warwick is bad....but it's far away from UCL. and Bath(my insurance). Maybe 10 years from now it will be really good. But of course maybe I am just sick of this place, because I really like big cities and really want to finally go in London. But I think UCL is much much better

ReputationRep:
    Wow. This place is slower than a McDonald's in South-Central LA.

Anyway, I have an unconditional offer to study economics at UCL.

See all of you there.

ReputationRep:
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!
    I have UCL as my insurance (though truth be told I reeeeally wanna go here!!!)
    How do I apply for accomodation? The website says I can only apply for it if I have firmed it! Does that mean I have to wait for my results and apply if I DO end up going there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestudent55555)
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!
    I have UCL as my insurance (though truth be told I reeeeally wanna go here!!!)
    How do I apply for accomodation? The website says I can only apply for it if I have firmed it! Does that mean I have to wait for my results and apply if I DO end up going there?
    I'm in the same position as you; although, *puts tin hat on to avoid abuse from the firmers*, I'd rather go to my firm choice.

I think we get put on some part of waiting list or something.

ReputationRep:
    UCL and Warwick?! Of course UCL. I am not taking Warwick even as insurance! I am not saying Warwick is bad....but it's far away from UCL. and Bath(my insurance). Maybe 10 years from now it will be really good. But of course maybe I am just sick of this place, because I really like big cities and really want to finally go in London. But I think UCL is much much better
    I got an offer from UCL for Comp Sci today. Extremely happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick_the_big)
    i sent my application around October. since then i got positive replies from all the universities i applied too except UCL .

UCL didnt answer me at all and 2 weeks ago they just send me an email that my application is being considered .

Am i the only one not to have an answer ?

ps im applying for computer science. G400

How about your application?

ReputationRep:
    Any prospective Chemical Engineers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick ye)
    I got an offer from UCL for Comp Sci today. Extremely happy
    Really?! Nice, man I hope I'll get one soon too

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Really?! Nice, man I hope I'll get one soon too
    Best wishes!~ hoping see you there:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaliforniaKid)
    Still nothing from UCL.
    Fear not misfortune, dear Californian. Silence is not a sign of doubt.
    Consult the UCL gods; you might just be victorious.

ReputationRep:
    Yahooo!!!! Just firmed ucl!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing from UCL here either, anyone here in the UK actually got an offer for Biochem yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilaneseCat)
    Wow. This place is slower than a McDonald's in South-Central LA.

Anyway, I have an unconditional offer to study economics at UCL.

See all of you there.
    hahaha! do you live in LA?? Have I found a fellow LA-er going to uni in Britain??

ReputationRep:
    Yahooo!!!! Just firmed ucl!!!!!!!
    lol,congratulations!~ What's your offer requirement?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Computer Science(g400) . UCL was the last one to hear from . It sent me an email near February saying that all the decision will be made by the end of March.

Anyway yesterday i received my answer . Unsuccessful and the reason : not a strong candidate. :s

I am really confused after this answer as the typical offer for Computer Sci in UCL is AAB-AAA

and my qualifications are : A* pure maths , A statistics and Computing pending , predicted A

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.