Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticandy)
    Username: arcticandy
    Course: European Social and Political Studies
    Planned Entry: 2011

Apparently only 40 of 450 applicants get in. I'm so screwed. =/
    Don't play the statistics game, it doesn't work ya know.

How many people who got offers turned it down to go to a different uni, for example? The likes of Oxbridge screw the figures up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stenner)
    Ahhhh, I feel so relieved now. I was just unnerved because the acknowledgements seemed to come in huge chunks- Wednesday seemed to be Oxford day and Thursday UCL, and I just assumed they'd do the same with the questionnaires I suppose.

Here's hoping. The A2 course I'm doing about the historiography of the Holocaust would be brilliant to write about the "historical problem" so I'm desparate to get it!
    I think the whole damn process is unnerving!! XD I know some people who have got offers from places that haven't even acknowledged me, which is lovely. I'm sure it will be completely random, so I really wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I can't find any UCL admissions stats. where'd you see that?
    It's from the ESPS section of the website - I guess there'd be something similar for your course?

And thanks, I've been assuming I had no chance of getting in so maybe I have a slightly better chance than I thought

ReputationRep:
    Username: Lightnix
    Course: Computer Science

I don't actually believe I'll get offered a place. This is my 'head in the clouds maybe it could happen if I'm lucky and the admissions tutor has recently taken up recreational drug use' uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkestskies)
    Eek! Got acknowledgement yesterday and now have been sent the questionnaire...
    Another History applicant here, I also got the questionnaire yesterday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is it bad sign that I haven't been sent a questionnaire :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticandy)
    Username: arcticandy
    Course: European Social and Political Studies

Apparently only 40 of 450 applicants get in. I'm so screwed. =/

Woohoo, fellow ESPS applicant! Heya!!
    You know, it is actually FREAKING competitive. But, on the other hand - I am sure that they give out more than 40 offers, i would assume they give out around 100 - some people miss grades, some people won't even firm UCL and go for other unis....
    So let's stop worrying )

If you wanna chat, just PM me, you're the first ESPS applicant I met here :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connhk)
    Economics, Business and Eastern European Studies (history in my case ) applicant here! Finally got my acknowledgement today! The apprehension is killing me!
    Hey, I'm applying for the same course, I'm assuming you're doing the 3 year course. I received my acknowledgement yesterday too!
    The course looks fabulous, I'm just a bit worried that my PS was focused more on economics and history (as those are the courses I've applied to at other universities) as opposed to Eastern Europe specifically! Oh well, I hope we both get offers

ReputationRep:
    This may be a weird question, but would UCL reject me because i've mentioned King's on my PS? ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Is it bad sign that I haven't been sent a questionnaire :/
    I haven't got it either :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    This may be a weird question, but would UCL reject me because i've mentioned King's on my PS? ...
    Why did you mention a specific uni on your PS, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Booom)
    Why did you mention a specific uni on your PS, if you don't mind me asking?
    Lol I went to some biology thing. Is it bad? Should I remove it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I went to some biology thing. Is it bad? Should I remove it?
    Oh right. No, that's probably a really good thing to put down, shows your extended interest in the subject..

I thought you may have put something specific like "I want to go to Kings because" which would have been a big mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achso)
    I'm sure it's fine, I mentioned going to lectures at LSE and didn't even apply there
    Ohhh that's ok then I guess it does show interest because we've gone to these lecture out of our own interest

(Original post by Booom)
    Oh right. No, that's probably a really good thing to put down, shows your extended interest in the subject..

I thought you may have put something specific like "I want to go to Kings because" which would have been a big mistake.
    Thanks yeah I had to write it to show my interest but my friends were bugging me saying "they'll reject you 'cos UCL hates King's blah blah blah".
    Your specific thought made me LOL :lol:

Thanks guys, wow some really nice people are applying to UCL ...I hope we can all get offers and see each other there! Good luck and thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did this as well lol with Kings and Imperial on my PS but Im not applying to either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evelyn_Pannell)
    Well I'm doing an access course atm because I kinda didn't complete my last year of IB haha but for IB I was predicted 39 points and I had already passed two modules of my access course with a distinction, so it's kinda gutting

Litte bit confused, I got the rejection, then six hours later got an acknowledgement email? I assume their systems are just a bit slow heh, got all excited when I saw the UCL email

"We've made a mistake!" haha, I wish
    Thanks for the info. Once again, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get into UCL, but I'm sure that you'll have a great time in whichever university you end up choosing to go to!

ReputationRep:
    username: James93
    course: medicine baby
    planned entry: sept 11
    woooooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    I did this as well lol with Kings and Imperial on my PS but Im not applying to either.
    Wooooo, glad i'm not the only one. I was panickingg!

Good luck :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Username: PaperSnowAGhost!
    Course: Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saks10111)
    Hey, I'm applying for the same course, I'm assuming you're doing the 3 year course. I received my acknowledgement yesterday too!
    The course looks fabulous, I'm just a bit worried that my PS was focused more on economics and history (as those are the courses I've applied to at other universities) as opposed to Eastern Europe specifically! Oh well, I hope we both get offers
    Could not agree more! My PS did not even mention Eastern Europe at all (but it did mention transitional economics in China), and contained a lot of econ and history as, like you I applied for courses related to those subjects at other universities. Where else did you apply? Mine are in my sig, maybe there is another overlap!

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.