Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Well accomodation will be approximately £4000 so you'll have ~£1000 left over.
    not necessarily
    my accommodation costs over £6000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    not necessarily
    Hmmm...well for the lowest accomodation it costs about £4000. And how are you covering your costs?!

ReputationRep:
    I've already answered this in the accommodation thread.

General answer is no. Even if she were to live in somewhere like Astor, there would still be only about £450 pounds left - which is £15 a week to live off.

Accommodation will cost about £4600, at minimum, for a single room this coming academic year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Hmmm...well for the lowest accomodation it costs about £4000. And how are you covering your costs?!
    4000 is if you're sharing a room, very few people want to do this. most of my friends pay what I'm paying or at least 5000 or more. Most have a part time job or help from parents/ savings.

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily
    If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay weekly for your room? Is it intercollegiate or UCL Halls?

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietAlphaGolf)
    If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay weekly for your room? Is it intercollegiate or UCL Halls?

Many Thanks
    UCL Halls - James Lighthill House, I pay a back breaking 167 a week :/ it's self catered ensuite

ReputationRep:

Many Thanks
    Intercollegiate halls were around 140 a week two years ago, so probably 160 a week now. College Hall is 200 per week. :nothing:

UCL Halls - James Lighthill House, I pay a back breaking 167 a week :/ it's self catered ensuite
    Jeeeesus! James Lighthill is 167 per week?! I went there to visit mates in first year and it's built like a prison; not a particularly great location either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    Intercollegiate halls were around 140 a week two years ago, so probably 160 a week now. College Hall is 200 per week. :nothing:
    Thanks

Sorry but College Hall as in UCL Hall?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Sorry but College Hall as in UCL Hall?:confused:
    College Hall as in one of the intercollegiate halls that UCL has student places at, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    College Hall as in one of the intercollegiate halls that UCL has student places at, yeah.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)

Jeeeesus! James Lighthill is 167 per week?! I went there to visit mates in first year and it's built like a prison; not a particularly great location either.
    that's a little harsh. much better security and post system than some of the other halls(i'm thinking camden). the rooms are an excellent size too and the kitchens are well equipped with 2 of everything pretty much.
    speaking of camden, much better location then ifor evans/max rayne. it's only 20 minute walk from ucl and walking distance to kings cross station and euston

I agree its overpriced but you're really paying for the ensuite.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have asked for Prankerd.....with a little slip in the form.

Now considering it works and I do get in, will I have made the right choice?

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRockMaster)
    Hey, I have asked for Prankerd.....with a little slip in the form.

Now considering it works and I do get in, will I have made the right choice?

Thanks guys
    I didn't know you could ask for certain halls with a slip :O

Would of gone for astor Is there anything i can do to change it ie ring them so i can aim for astor?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know you could ask for certain halls with a slip :O

Would of gone for astor Is there anything i can do to change it ie ring them so i can aim for astor?

Thanks
    I know it was a long shot but hope it works lol

how the exams going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRockMaster)
    I know it was a long shot but hope it works lol

how the exams going?
    Had three resits all went good i guess but the last one was a bit URGH

Got 7 more to come in 12 DAYS!

Dreading Geo U3 and Bio U5 man

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Natural sciences 2011 :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shmoobly)
    Natural sciences 2011 :d
    Nice one...Earth Sciences for me

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my A Level exams, but I'm really worried, because a close relative died recently, and I was wondering if, because my school sent a special circumstances letter to both the exam board and UCL, but in case I screwed up my exams, would UCL be understanding?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated!

I will be applying to UCL next year for Physics or Maths and I was wondering what the standards are for entry and if I would have a good chance given my GCSE's and AS level results;

2 A*s 5 A's 2 B's 1 C at GCSE; somewhere around AABB for AS level (maths, fm, physics, chem)

or if anyone could point me to a thread with things like this in!

Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benniboi1)
    If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated!

I will be applying to UCL next year for Physics or Maths and I was wondering what the standards are for entry and if I would have a good chance given my GCSE's and AS level results;

2 A*s 5 A's 2 B's 1 C at GCSE; somewhere around AABB for AS level (maths, fm, physics, chem)

or if anyone could point me to a thread with things like this in!

Thanks very much!
    Those GCSEs should be fine for maths - the AS-levels I'm not too sure about. They made a point at the open day of saying that if they could, the maths department would make the standard offer A*A*A, so if you don't get 3 As at AS, you'll have to make sure your predictions are good enough.

For maths admissions they look at your module scores as well.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.