Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanticChrissy)
    Oh. That might explain it's been so quiet then. A silent waiting game ._.
    they do, i've received one! it might depend on the department though..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea when UCL tend to start making offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connhk)

Could not agree more! My PS did not even mention Eastern Europe at all (but it did mention transitional economics in China), and contained a lot of econ and history as, like you I applied for courses related to those subjects at other universities. Where else did you apply? Mine are in my sig, maybe there is another overlap!
    Lol good to know, maybe there's hope for us after all. Well I've applied to Cambridge, not Oxford, although that History and Econ course looked awfully tempting! The only other place that we're both applying to is LSE, but I've applied for Economics and Economic History. Out of curiosity, why didn't you apply for an Economic History (and Economics) combination course at LSE, since that's more similar to the rest of your choices than G&E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saks10111)
    Lol good to know, maybe there's hope for us after all. Well I've applied to Cambridge, not Oxford, although that History and Econ course looked awfully tempting! The only other place that we're both applying to is LSE, but I've applied for Economics and Economic History. Out of curiosity, why didn't you apply for an Economic History (and Economics) combination course at LSE, since that's more similar to the rest of your choices than G&E?
    Honestly I don't know, it was a toss up between the two and I simply chose G'ment hahaha, in hindsight i should've but I am not a huge fan of LSE anyways. I won't get in purely because I am applying as an international from Asia (though I'm white) so meh UCL ftw, though the Econ and Econ Hist. acceptance rate is MUCH better than the G'ment and Econ rate What are you applying for at Cambridge? Yes Hist and Econ is an awesome course! Though it is a close call between UCL and Oxford for me . I have no safeties since I am applying to the US so an offer from anywhere would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connhk)
    Honestly I don't know, it was a toss up between the two and I simply chose G'ment hahaha, in hindsight i should've but I am not a huge fan of LSE anyways. I won't get in purely because I am applying as an international from Asia (though I'm white) so meh UCL ftw, though the Econ and Econ Hist. acceptance rate is MUCH better than the G'ment and Econ rate What are you applying for at Cambridge? Yes Hist and Econ is an awesome course! Though it is a close call between UCL and Oxford for me . I have no safeties since I am applying to the US so an offer from anywhere would be great!
    Haha, heyy I'm an international from Asia too (but I really am Asian :P). LSE seems at times even more competitive than Oxbridge, so yeah I'm not really counting on an LSE acceptance.
    I'm applying for Land Economy at Cambridge, I've fallen in love with the course and am now trying to prepare myself for the eventual rejection lol. I'm applying to the US too, though I'm so unbelievably unprepared for the rigorous application procedure- SAT's, essays etc.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saks10111)
    Haha, heyy I'm an international from Asia too (but I really am Asian :P). LSE seems at times even more competitive than Oxbridge, so yeah I'm not really counting on an LSE acceptance.
    I'm applying for Land Economy at Cambridge, I've fallen in love with the course and am now trying to prepare myself for the eventual rejection lol. I'm applying to the US too, though I'm so unbelievably unprepared for the rigorous application procedure- SAT's, essays etc.!
    I was thinking of Land Econ as well! Yes I am preparing myself for rejection from Oxford and LSE is much more competitive in terms of percentages (you can argue strength of candidates is higher at oxbridge etc.). Not from HK are you?! I am in the thick of my ED application, the essays are so annoying, and studying for the SAT 1 whilst waiting for my SAT 2 to come out. Where are you applying in the US?

ReputationRep:
    -jessica
    Physics

ReputationRep:
    no chance
    English

Has anyone received any feedback from them yet? I've been acknowledged but heard nothing otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no chance)
    no chance
    English

Has anyone received any feedback from them yet? I've been acknowledged but heard nothing otherwise.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you've got a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    Cheers, .

ReputationRep:
    Also, loving the signature, but what is it?

ReputationRep:
    Also, loving the signature, but what is it?
    Opening credits to the head**** of a film that is Enter The Void, gives you a headache watching it!

ReputationRep:
    Opening credits to the head**** of a film that is Enter The Void, gives you a headache watching it!

Wow! I quite like Gaspar Noé, too, I'll have to see Enter the Void. Imaginative bloody opening credits.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I quite like Gaspar Noé, too, I'll have to see Enter the Void. Imaginative bloody opening credits.
    I know, I love them

Haven't seen the film though!

Anyway, veering too off topic here

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when UCL tend to hand out offers for physics?

ReputationRep:
    When does UCL usually send offers? Anyone got any offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warhol)
    Username: warhol
    Course: English (Q300)
    Planned Entry: 2011

Thanks for doing this, OP!
    No problem! And I've (finally) got it all up to date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawasdee)
    Username: Sawasdee
    Course: Chemical Engineering
    Planned Entry: 2011

Can we chat in this thread? or we have to go to chat forum?
    We can definitely chat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    No problem! And I've (finally) got it all up to date.
    Indeed, EM, my deepest thanks! Quite a few folk going for English. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, EM, my deepest thanks! Quite a few folk going for English. Best of luck!
    I've noticed! English, Maths, and Economics seem to be the most popular but I thought there would be more English applicants. Oh well, less competition for you guys!

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.