The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiffanytaka
Hey everyone I'm new to TSR, just created an account today because I'm freaking out. I have a Nat Sci interview in just over a week.
Help! Any advice other than eye contact and dress smart?

I have a Nat Sci interview too, but on Thursday this week. I will dress smart, just in case :colondollar:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
:rolleyes:
Original post by tiffanytaka
Hey everyone I'm new to TSR, just created an account today because I'm freaking out. I have a Nat Sci interview in just over a week.
Help! Any advice other than eye contact and dress smart?

I may see you there, got one a week on Thursday right?
Reply 362
Might as well jump in :smile:

Username: Bellrosk
Course: Law LLB
Planned Entry: 2011
Reply 363
Name: OllieS
Course: History
Username: IndieDavid
Course: Economics
Original post by Connhk
I was thinking of Land Econ as well! Yes I am preparing myself for rejection from Oxford and LSE is much more competitive in terms of percentages (you can argue strength of candidates is higher at oxbridge etc.). Not from HK are you?! I am in the thick of my ED application, the essays are so annoying, and studying for the SAT 1 whilst waiting for my SAT 2 to come out. Where are you applying in the US?

Oh I was planning to apply ED, but couldn't handle the added pressure lol, since my UCAS and Common App would then be basically overlapping each other. Now that my UK apps are pretty much over, I have 2 months to focus solely on the US. Where are you applying ED (and the rest)?
I'm planning on applying to UChicago, Northwestern, UPenn, Berkeley and Columbia. Yale would be a dream, but that depends on how good my SAT scores turn out to be.
Original post by EcstaticMuse
No problem! And I've (finally) got it all up to date. :smile:

Don't forget the 'Biomedical Sciences' in brackets, OP :h:

I :love: this thread.
Username: hannahmoore92
Course: Linguistics Q100
Planned Entry: 2011 :smile:
Original post by mooniibuggy
Don't forget the 'Biomedical Sciences' in brackets, OP :h:

I :love: this thread.

Thanks for that! All fixed. :biggrin:
Username: lemonyspongecakeII
Course: French and English (RY00)

Course: French and Arabic (RT19)

Anyone else applying to one of these?? I'm so freaked out about my PS, I hardly mentioned arabic at all.. but the course looked good :s-smilie:

Oh I got an acknoledgement though! Just hope they reply soon..
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Username: TimmonaPortella
Course: Law
Entry: 2011

:colonhash:

hey, whats your situation in terms of grades at gcse as or A level?
Original post by adamlaw
Username: Adamlaw
Course: Law (M100)
Planned Entry: Sep 2011

Have all of you sent in your UCAS apps yet?
Received any acknowledgment emails?? :woo:

Original post by krishanchopra

see sig or profile :smile:
what about you? are you applying for law too?
I haven't had an acknowledgement of my application from UCL yet, but the woman who emailed me said that my application would be passed on to the admissions tutor. Should I email the MFL department and inquire about it?
Reply 374
Original post by JakeBeesley
I haven't had an acknowledgement of my application from UCL yet, but the woman who emailed me said that my application would be passed on to the admissions tutor. Should I email the MFL department and inquire about it?
Give it a try, but from what I can gather they're so busy they may not get back to you at all. But yeah, do it.
Reply 375
Original post by saks10111
Oh I was planning to apply ED, but couldn't handle the added pressure lol, since my UCAS and Common App would then be basically overlapping each other. Now that my UK apps are pretty much over, I have 2 months to focus solely on the US. Where are you applying ED (and the rest)?
I'm planning on applying to UChicago, Northwestern, UPenn, Berkeley and Columbia. Yale would be a dream, but that depends on how good my SAT scores turn out to be.

I'm applying ED to Penn. Depending on my SAT scores, I will also be applying to Dartmouth, Cornell, Georgetown, BU, NYU and perhaps Yale. Admissions there is so different, so many underlying factors when it comes to decisions, and the application is more annoying :frown:
Reply 376
Anyone heard of anything after sending off UMS to UCL? I really want my interview/open day date to come already!
Reply 377
Original post by Ultimate1
Anyone heard of anything after sending off UMS to UCL? I really want my interview/open day date to come already!

Yeah for a maths course you need to send your UMS maths scores to them. It said on the website :smile:
Reply 378
Original post by acm345
Yeah for a maths course you need to send your UMS maths scores to them. It said on the website :smile:

Oooohhhh unlucky about C3 and C4, mate. You wrote down that you're gonna re-sit one of them?
Reply 379
Original post by Ultimate1
Oooohhhh unlucky about C3 and C4, mate. You wrote down that you're gonna re-sit one of them?

Yeah C4 :angry:!! I was 1 mark off getting the highest mark possible to not get an A* which has got to be an achievement :rolleyes:...............was not a consolation though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending