Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    yes i sent them my UMS scores. I shall ring them tomorrow and send them an e-mail tonight. Right now, I am really pissed off about the whole thing, and want to cause havoc lol
    Yh, if you got rejected with that, then wow I'd reckon most people don't have a chance. What were your GCSE grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Yh, if you got rejected with that, then wow I'd reckon most people don't have a chance. What were your GCSE grades?
    2A*s, 7As. They were IGCSEs not GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -beads-)
    Did they ask why chemeng? why imperial? and then PS.

Or like any tricky/technical questions too?

Good luck! :hugs:

Nope all the questions they asked was base on my ps and there was any technical questions.
    Goood luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilyn)
    I've submitted my application through college and yet to receive the welcome letter from UCAS so I guess my college is still processing the reference. A few of my friends applying for Oxbridge started to receive their offers from Reading, Warwick, Exeter, Cardiff and Oxford Brookes.

Haven't done my LNAT yet too so UCL won't be able to do anything even if they have my application.

Applied to LSE, Nott, QMUL and Cardiff too.
    Ahh I see! Brilliant uni choiceee, although no insurance? LSE will give offers and rejections on friday's and from what I can see it is alternate... as in last friday a load of offers were given, but the one before loads of people got rejected! What are your predicted |& AS grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieloves)
    mine was 6 days after my interview, but the admissions tutor said up to 10 days
    Hey, I have an interview for Msci at UCL next week. What can I expect?

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hungry_traveller)
    Anyone heard anything from Geography at all? The wait is killing me!
    I have an interview at Geog Department, and I saw two invitations for a Selection Day given to UK students.
    Don't worry and keep an eye on your postman.

ReputationRep:
    Is no news good news at this point?

Applied for Law M100 and did the LNAT over a week ago

ReputationRep:
    PHILOSOPHY ADMISSIONS/OPEN DAY!
    I got an email a couple of days ago saying that i'm invited to an open day in december which i am really pleased with, i'd loveeee to go to UCL!
    Butttt I can't see what this day includes? It mentions and talk and test, anyone know anything about the test? How can I prepare for the day?! And also what does 'a brief discussion period' actually mean?! Ahh! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from UCL regarding ESPS? I only applied a week and a half ago so am not planning on hearing anything for ages! How long does it generally take to get an offer from UCL?

I got 7A*4A at GCSE and predicted A*A*A* at A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanishhh)
    Has anyone heard from UCL regarding ESPS? I only applied a week and a half ago so am not planning on hearing anything for ages! How long does it generally take to get an offer from UCL?

I got 7A*4A at GCSE and predicted A*A*A* at A level
    They'll email you and invite you to an Assessment Day on one of these five dates.
    8 December 2010
    19 January 2011
    9 February 2011
    2 March 2011
    23 March 2011

Your GCSEs and A Levels are way better than mine and I've been invited so I think you will be too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydyb123)
    Hey, I have an interview for Msci at UCL next week. What can I expect?

Many thanks.
    its quite relaxed, so dont get too worried about it it was my first choice and first interview, so obviously i was all like ajoigjsoagjsg but you really dont need to be. theres a welcome from the admissions tutor, a really good lecture, a talk by the admissions tutor, then you have lunch (try and sit next to a current student, they can let you know what your interviewers like!).. then theres the interviews and campus tours from what i heard, different interviewers asked completely different things but mine wasnt too hard at all, so just revise what youre learning at the moment and youll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6K6)
    I have an interview at Geog Department, and I saw two invitations for a Selection Day given to UK students.
    Don't worry and keep an eye on your postman.
    Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed! No news is good news I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    sorry to hear! I know how you feel, just got rejected too for maths =/
    Their loss eyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BiGBaDBoO)
    Biology interviews are tomorrow, the first set anyway.
    Cripes, that doesn't bode well, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorenfors)
    As in 6% of students pass their GCSEs? How is that school even open?
    Yes, back when I went to it. It now has a pass rate of over 30%, loads of BTECS and Diplomas..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieloves)
    its quite relaxed, so dont get too worried about it it was my first choice and first interview, so obviously i was all like ajoigjsoagjsg but you really dont need to be. theres a welcome from the admissions tutor, a really good lecture, a talk by the admissions tutor, then you have lunch (try and sit next to a current student, they can let you know what your interviewers like!).. then theres the interviews and campus tours from what i heard, different interviewers asked completely different things but mine wasnt too hard at all, so just revise what youre learning at the moment and youll be fine
    Really good advice, thanks very much! I'm in the same situation: first choice, first interview... I'm quite looking forward to it, just thrilled I've got an interview if I'm honest!

ReputationRep:
    Will update soon! By the way, has anyone heard anything for modern languages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homer6)
    know what you mean man, i have TOK presentation next weekend, EE, tests, IAs all due in by december. And the thing is it never stops :mad:
    Hey!! Hang in there - freedom is literally just fingertips away Time will pass faster than you think it will! I remember 7 months ago, I was beginning to think of IB as a never ending cycle and now I AM FREE! (LOL I sat my exams this November session).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Will update soon! By the way, has anyone heard anything for modern languages?

nooope! only the acknowledgement i hate the waiting :|

ReputationRep:
    I JUST RECEIVED MY UNCONDITIONAL FOR RUSSIAN STUDIES Wooo! Good luck to everyone else applying UCL is AMAZING!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.