Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBeesley)
    I think Universities will start processing applications as soon as the fees are announced on Tuesday. Could be wrong though! Has anyone received an email saying thank you for your application yet?
    I haven't yet :/ LSE and Liverpool have sent me an acknowledgment email, does that mean that it has been processed by UCAS and they've all received it? D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    UCAS sent off today :danceboy:

I wonder how long UCL take to reply...
    Sameee :/ Although to be fair, I haven't undertaken the Law test they require so i'm not expecting anything before I have done that :P Anyway I hear some people have received from UCL around November to Jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah16)
    Has anyone got an acknowledgment email?
    non, do they even do one!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Booom)
    Applying for Information Management for Business.

Sent off my application on the 5th! Just waiting now :woo:
    Sent off on the same day Gah the waiting is hell... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaskade)
    I haven't yet :/ LSE and Liverpool have sent me an acknowledgment email, does that mean that it has been processed by UCAS and they've all received it? D:
    When did you receive them from LSE and Liverpool?

As soon as your UCAS has been sent off, once you receive your welcome letter and your track information, that means that all the universities should have your application. But different universities handle applications at different times, but last year I did receive an email from them saying thank you for the application.

ReputationRep:
    When did you receive them from LSE and Liverpool?

As soon as your UCAS has been sent off, once you receive your welcome letter and your track information, that means that all the universities should have your application. But different universities handle applications at different times, but last year I did receive an email from them saying thank you for the application.
    I sent my application on the 5th Oct, and I think I got them both on the 7th... Got no other acknowledgments though... When did you get yours?

Also last year, when did you get your offers? How come your applying this year

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on the 5th Oct, and I think I got them both on the 7th... Got no other acknowledgments though... When did you get yours?

Also last year, when did you get your offers? How come your applying this year
    I sent mine on the 24th September and nothing yet from anywhere :/

I applied quite late last year, in January, so I got things through quite quickly, but some universities didn't get back to me til quite late in March.

I got rejected after interview, but there were certain circumstances that I felt contributed to this that were out of my control. I explained this to UCL, but they'd already given out all their offers. They encouraged me to reapply this year, and I know that UCL is the university for me, and I can't imagine studying anywhere else, so I've taken the year out to reapply

ReputationRep:
    Sameee :/ Although to be fair, I haven't undertaken the Law test they require so i'm not expecting anything before I have done that :P Anyway I hear some people have received from UCL around November to Jan
    You're applying to four London unis, you must really wanna live there

ReputationRep:
    not yet, it's getting a bit annoying now, I applied over two weeks ago! I'm hoping they'll start working through them soon though. But I suppose the Oxbridge deadline hasn't passed yet, so they're unlikely to start much before then.
    I applied nearly 2 weeks ago and have got no acknowledgement emails and nearly all my friends have them from atleast 2 universities! I've applied to Oxford + Nottingham where lots of my friends have had emails from...

ReputationRep:
    username: ^
    course: english
    entry: 2011

If there are any other English applicants on this thread, where else did you apply? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah16)
    I applied nearly 2 weeks ago and have got no acknowledgement emails and nearly all my friends have them from atleast 2 universities! I've applied to Oxford + Nottingham where lots of my friends have had emails from...
    It can also depend on the department. Certain departments will be quick off the mark, whereas other departments might wait until they get more applications in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatee)
    username: ^
    course: english
    entry: 2011

If there are any other English applicants on this thread, where else did you apply? :woo:
    :wavey:

In my sig, but Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews and Kent sent my application off end of september so now it's just the waiting game :p: what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner231)
    :wavey:

In my sig, but Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews and Kent sent my application off end of september so now it's just the waiting game :p: what about you?
    Oooh, good luck I've applied to Cambridge (Clare), Edinburgh, Goldsmiths and Chester, and someone really needs to restrain me from logging onto UCAS Track twice a day to stare at my application :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, good luck I've applied to Cambridge (Clare), Edinburgh, Goldsmiths and Chester, and someone really needs to restrain me from logging onto UCAS Track twice a day to stare at my application :facepalm:
    Twice an hour :facepalm1:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I liked Clare quite a bit, but Emmanuel just felt... right.

UCL THREAD DONT MENTION CAMBRIDGE WHOOPS.

I've managing without that haha, only once a day... nah. Which writers/periods are you particularly into/did you put in your PS??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooner231)
    Ahhh I liked Clare quite a bit, but Emmanuel just felt... right.

UCL THREAD DONT MENTION CAMBRIDGE WHOOPS.

I've managing without that haha, only once a day... nah. Which writers/periods are you particularly into/did you put in your PS??
    Haha, I was the other way around (I'll shut up about Cambridge now )
    I love poets such as Pablo Neruda and Rainier Maria Rilke, so I talked about them, and also mentioned some Shakespeare and his links to classicists like Ovid, and the influence he's had upon 'the Arts' more widely.. I had references to a few other novels and plays too, what did you do for yours/what are you most interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    Twice an hour :facepalm1:
    now that's dedication :p:

ReputationRep:
    now that's dedication :p:
    Dedication Madness

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was the other way around (I'll shut up about Cambridge now )
    I love poets such as Pablo Neruda and Rainier Maria Rilke, so I talked about them, and also mentioned some Shakespeare and his links to classicists like Ovid, and the influence he's had upon 'the Arts' more widely.. I had references to a few other novels and plays too, what did you do for yours/what are you most interested in?
    :p:

I unfortunately haven't read either of those two... I'd say I will, but my "to read" list/group/behemoth feels like it can't get any bigger haha
    I mentioned The Road and compared it to King Lear, something about the supposed death of fiction (found someone who said it was dying and tried to kill their argument) and then the symbolism of the nightingale through poetry and its classical links (Barnfield, Coleridge, Keats). And then The Shadow of The Wind... and some others

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.