Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydyb123)
    Really good advice, thanks very much! I'm in the same situation: first choice, first interview... I'm quite looking forward to it, just thrilled I've got an interview if I'm honest!
    dont worry, i know how mental i was getting and it wouldve helped a lot to know how the day goes haha. the main thing is just to enjoy it, acting confidently is half the battle! PM me and let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendershott)
    I got rejected from UCL today too :C Wasn't a big surprise though...I don't know what I'd do without my fifth choice offer to get me through! Hope you get your offers soon!
    It wasn't for me either but I still had a little hope so it hurts. Oh well. Yeah exactly haha! I have an offer from UEA and still waiting on Nottingham (applied twice for Law and English) so hopefully I'll hear something.
    Have any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Sorry to hear that Have you got any acceptances?
    Only from UEA...Nottingham will take a while though :/. It's so gutting...but I have to move on I guess.
    What have you applied for? Heard anything from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjolao)
    It wasn't for me either but I still had a little hope so it hurts. Oh well. Yeah exactly haha! I have an offer from UEA and still waiting on Nottingham (applied twice for Law and English) so hopefully I'll hear something.
    Have any offers yet?
    I'm sure it'll work out, wherever you go! I've got an offer from Goldsmiths to cling onto, but I'm not sure I want to go there :P

ReputationRep:
    Been waiting over a month now for English ... acknowledgement then nada. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendershott)
    I'm sure it'll work out, wherever you go! I've got an offer from Goldsmiths to cling onto, but I'm not sure I want to go there :P
    I hope so...and the same to you too . At least it's somewhere eh? I'm alright with UEA, but it was meant to be an insurance so it's rather annoying/upsetting ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a daedalus)
    Been waiting over a month now for English ... acknowledgement then nada. Anyone else?
    Yeah but 6 weeks :| Ugh I cannot take thissss haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a daedalus)
    Don't worry, no news is better if we're talking UCL. The longer they make you wait, the more likely that you won't be getting a rejection at all.

I hope so...and the same to you too . At least it's somewhere eh? I'm alright with UEA, but it was meant to be an insurance so it's rather annoying/upsetting ha
    I know the feeling! Imagine if we didn't have them...that usually gets me feeling grateful again. I mean, it's possible that that's all we'll have to cling to in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I am so worried about rejections, I applied to Durham which is the one I can expect one from because it's the only one that's slightly higher than what I got this year. But now all these rejections from clever people is like ahhhhhhhhhh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only from UEA...Nottingham will take a while though :/. It's so gutting...but I have to move on I guess.
    What have you applied for? Heard anything from them?
    Well, at least you have one. Have you thought about asking for feedback from them? If you decide to re-apply you may be in a better position to do so if you know where you went wrong. What are you grades and stuff like?

I've applied for psych, got 2 offers from Durham & RHUL, so not too bad if (when) UCL reject me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieloves)
    dont worry, i know how mental i was getting and it wouldve helped a lot to know how the day goes haha. the main thing is just to enjoy it, acting confidently is half the battle! PM me and let me know how you get on
    Yeah my head of department/ and teacher held a mock interview for me today, and said that I came across confidently, whether that is just because I knew her is a different matter! Thanks once again, and I'll be sure to let you know how I get on

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything on Physics (straight)?

ReputationRep:
    UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyhalsall)
    Just got a letter from UCL inviting me to a Physics-Department open day. It was posted on the 12th of November, and I recieved it today. Anyone else coming to UCL for physics? =D
    congrats!!!! btw did you get any updates from ucas about that? or an e-mail from UCL? I mean, was it just a letter by post?

ReputationRep:
    guys sent my UCAS to referee today, will my chances of receiving an offer be hindered for ITMB?

ReputationRep:
    MY INTERVIEW IS IN 6 DAYS FOR ENGLISH! ARRRGHGHHGH. Any tips from people who have been through the process or are currently going through it? Seriously starting to panic now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    anyone heard from biomedical science?
    lol i applied on the 15th of october to make the oxbridge deadline. And UCL is the first university to send an acknowledgement for biomedical sciences... And right now, I have heard NOTHING from them since then....!!!
    The wait is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    Just to inform those waiting ->A friend of mine applying for computer science got invited for an open day on 1st December. He applied on the Oxbridge deadline.

I wish the physics department would hurry up The wait is traumatizing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CZephyr)
    lol i applied on the 15th of october to make the oxbridge deadline. And UCL is the first university to send an acknowledgement for biomedical sciences... And right now, I have heard NOTHING from them since then....!!!
    The wait is killing me.
    same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Well, at least you have one. Have you thought about asking for feedback from them? If you decide to re-apply you may be in a better position to do so if you know where you went wrong. What are you grades and stuff like?

I've applied for psych, got 2 offers from Durham & RHUL, so not too bad if (when) UCL reject me.
    Hmm I may just email them but I think it was my grades that let me down. GCSEs were A*AAAABBBBCC but to be fair, I did accelerated cirriculum in my school and I was the first year so hardly anyone did really well. My AS grades were not great- i crashed in my exams even though I revised loads got BBBC but I'm predicted A*AA as my teachers believe in me that much that those flukes would be fine in retakes/A2s. I just thought they would at least call me for interview due to seeing my teachers' references but I guess they only judge what they see on paper. Oh well.

Ooh that's great ! What are your grades like? I bet you won't get rejected

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.