The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yesnaa
Any more news on Philosophy interviews? :smile:

The first batch of interviews are the 15th of December... so, i doubt the rest of us will hear anything until after those interviews.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Soloman
applied to Kings and Imperial aswell. 2 courses at imperial and UCL and 1 at Kings. All based in london I know but its gonna be awesome.

Sent mine off week or so ago and still nothing, got my acknowledgements from Imperial but that tis all :frown:

is this your first time applying? I applied last year but missed my offer for UCL natsci of AAA got AAB so am resiting all of them in january to try get A*, fun times NOT

Good luck

All London based - wow, I'm trying to run away from London lol. UCL is the only uni I'm applying to that's in London, and if I get accepted (hopefully!), that enough will persuade me to stay in London

Yup, this is my first time applying...Good luck to you as well, hopefully you get your A*s in January but I bet an offer from UCL will motivate you even more towards that goal!
Reply 1442
Original post by Markh1000
This could not be more untrue.

!!! I hope you are right!!!!

Original post by ragaa
My score is nearly same as mine.
I got 4.7 6.2 3.5A
And got an interview invite from UCL yesterday.
I'm international, you are too right?
you have a really good chance.

OMG! CONGRATS!!! wohoooo!!! That is really awesome!
hehe. Yup I am an international! I really hope I can get an interview too!
Reply 1443
Original post by CZephyr
!!! I hope you are right!!!!

OMG! CONGRATS!!! wohoooo!!! That is really awesome!
hehe. Yup I am an international! I really hope I can get an interview too!

Where are you from?
yeah you too would get one soon as your score is very similar to mine.
Did you check your email??
Original post by Kaskade
any offers/rejections for law?

I just got a Conditional AAA offer for Law! :biggrin: Over the moon! International here.
Reply 1445
Does anyone know how long UCL takes (approximately) to give their decisions after interviewing applicants?

****'s sake - rejected for L100 econ >.<

apparently my "academic profile was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants"
they saw 10A* at GCSE, 5As and a B at AS as grounds for rejection :frown: must've been my predicteds - school has a bull**** policy of not predicting A*s, I might speak to UCL about this...
Reply 1447
Original post by mishieru07
I just got a Conditional AAA offer for Law! :biggrin: Over the moon! International here.

Wohooo congrats! omg LAW! that is so awesome :smile:

I received an email from UCL yesterday ... "we have recommended that an offer be sent to you through UCAS." I don't actually know what my conditions are for biomed yet
but I hope it would be slightly more lenient than 777 at HL (I sat my IB exams a few weeks ago), I am hoping for something like 666 as UCL is sort of my safety out of the crazy crazy courses I somehow put myself into even THINKING I might stand a chance of being accepted.

I am an international too! :smile:

Original post by ragaa
Where are you from?
yeah you too would get one soon as your score is very similar to mine.
Did you check your email??

And.. from New Zealand! I checked! haha I think I've actually developed a UCAS compulsion syndrome. Symptoms include: incessant email checking coupled with constant whining. Those within 10m radius of me have recommended the use of... duct tape to seal my lips. HAHA kidding kidding, but I really need to have faith and know that whatever will be will be.
Reply 1448
Original post by Rosswold
It seems that I got an unconditional offer from UCL for Computer Science today :biggrin: (got a mail from UCAS and it updated to Unconditional offer)

The only thing that worries me a bit, I haven't heard or got anything from UCL yet... (I live outside the UK) Is this normal or could there be a mistake?
Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, but I want to be sure...

Hey. WELL DONE! That's awesome, unconditional as well!

It's fine that you haven't heard anything from UCL directly yet. If you have the offer on UCAS then you're fine (more than fine!) haha. UCL will prob contact you soon to confirm it.

(Y)
Reply 1449
Original post by mishieru07

Woo well doneeeee! It's strange 'cause I haven't seen any other law offers for UCL other than internationals! But I thought the deadline was later on?
Original post by goldlock
****'s sake - rejected for L100 econ >.<

apparently my "academic profile was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants"
they saw 10A* at GCSE, 5As and a B at AS as grounds for rejection :frown: must've been my predicteds - school has a bull**** policy of not predicting A*s, I might speak to UCL about this...

Same- I got rejected too :frown:
Where did you find out the reason as to why you got rejected? Ijust got rejected via UCAS....:frown::frown:
Hey guys. I applied for Politics and Eastern European Studies!
Reply 1452
Original post by -beads-
Congrats! :biggrin:

I have an unconditional from UCL. :smile:

Hopefully yours will come through soon too, just wait! :smile:

:hugs:

Thank you and yeah Hopefully :biggrin:
I'm really jealous you got unconditional offer in ChemEng course.
Maybe I'll see you there :biggrin: Is UCL you first choice?
Reply 1453
Scandinavian studies + history
'nuff said
Does anybody know how long we/ I as a German student have to wait until they make their decision (for philosophy and economics)
Original post by Kaskade
Woo well doneeeee! It's strange 'cause I haven't seen any other law offers for UCL other than internationals! But I thought the deadline was later on?

me too :confused: I still haven't heard from them :frown: I hope it is soon though :biggrin:
This chat is an opportunity for you to ask any questions to help you find out whether the BA Linguistics at UCL is the right choice for you so do try to think of any questions that will help you make an informed decision. We intend to recommend that you be made an offer of a place after we have had a chance to talk to you in person, so please do feel free to ask searching questions - these will not affect our decision.

erggghhh!! Why can't I just have an offer :frown:

I can't think of any "searching questions" and the time differnce means that the only time I can talk to her is earrlllyy in the morning since I'm in school from 7am to 2 pm US time...

complaincomplaincomplain... I know
Original post by thecodman
Are you UK based?? do you not need to attend an open day?/ cuz my offer is subject to attendance of an openday..
Congrats :smile:

Im from Northern Ireland. Just got a straight conditional offer, don't have to go to any open day.
Just got an acknowledgement from UCL...now I know the next email I recieve from them will be an acceptance or rejection :s-smilie:

Well done to those who got accepted!
Original post by ckelly674
Im from Northern Ireland. Just got a straight conditional offer, don't have to go to any open day.

:smile:Well done, what subject did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending