Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomed_uni)
    oh you're applying for biomedical science in UCL as well!! gosh, i still haven't sent in my application 'coz needa finalize my ps...did u say they start giving out offers in mid-november? omg i'm too late!!!
    HAHA LOL 6 hours after my post, I got an offer!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT <jumps up and down> They emailed me on the 26th of November, but someone else on TSR was offered a place around mid November! I don't think you are too late! I was under the impression that applications end sometime in January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amz123)
    i havent actually read much of this thread...but i received a letter in the post today from ucl saying they're recommending i get an offer to the faculty tutor?(so it's not definate) And i've been invited to an open day as it's a ucl requirement..does this sound like an offer?
    if you've received a letter recommedning an offer it means they are definitely giving you the offer.

you just simply have to go to the open day to show you actually want the offer (ucl policy).

so yh congrats!! wt course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    Thats amazing! Congratsss! (: (: I haven't actually seen any other UCL Law offers. When did you apply?

Thank you (: There's another person who got offered Law too on TSR. I submitted my UCAS on 14 Oct, sat for LNAT on 2 Oct. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    That format is very similar to Imperial then. My interview at Imperial went baaaaaaadly About 95% sure I won't get an offer. Oh well...
    awwrs was it hard questions or sumin. dnt be disheartened tho, u dont hav to get the questions right to get the offer. as long as you just think out loud so they can understand ur thought process and just make it seem like you vaguely know what you're tlkin about. worked for my imp interview last year lol. so u still got a chance (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CZephyr)
    HAHA LOL 6 hours after my post, I got an offer!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT <jumps up and down> They emailed me on the 26th of November, but someone else on TSR was offered a place around mid November! I don't think you are too late! I was under the impression that applications end sometime in January?
    whoa congratz!!!! AAA-AAB right? you don't need to attend any interviews?
    yeah, it's until 15 Jan, and I'm an international student so it's not deadline yet; but my friend who applied last year said you get a better chance if you send in earlier...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lia134)
    me too! see you there then
    did you receive a track update or only an email by the admin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomed_uni)
    whoa congratz!!!! AAA-AAB right? you don't need to attend any interviews?
    yeah, it's until 15 Jan, and I'm an international student so it's not deadline yet; but my friend who applied last year said you get a better chance if you send in earlier...
    tehe thanks
    I am an international applicant too from NZ!
    Nope, I didn't even have to fill in the questionnaire was was rather strange. I also DID NOT really expect an offer so soon either so I guess I am really.. over the moon. hahaha
    I don't actually know what my conditions are yet! I just received an email from UCL saying that they have recommended an offer to be made through UCAS. But I gather it will be something like 666 at HL (I don't do A levels, hehe I am an IB applicant)

ReputationRep:
    Username: Xerodegrees
    Course: Statistics
    Planned Entry: 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robynxxx)
    Haha, awh well i'm sure you'll hear soon! Where else have you applied to?
    Thankyou for the luck! You too
    Oxford, Queen Mary, Kings and SOAS.. you?

ReputationRep:
    Username: Jaydee_besos
    Course: Ancient World Studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydee_besos)
    Username: Jaydee_besos
    YAY!!!!! Another Ancient World Studies person! have you gotten an offer yet? When do they even start sending out offer?
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    oh I never did that.

Username:imazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj9)
    if you've received a letter recommedning an offer it means they are definitely giving you the offer.

you just simply have to go to the open day to show you actually want the offer (ucl policy).

so yh congrats!! wt course?
    Thanks!!
    I don't want to get too happy until it updates on ucas- but yay!
    It's for stats, economics and finance
    I've never been to ucl though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonyspongecakeII)
    Oxford, Queen Mary, Kings and SOAS.. you?
    Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews and Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Kings, Glasgow, Kent & Leeds

I'll send off my application tonight ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurnerE)
    YAY!!!!! Another Ancient World Studies person! have you gotten an offer yet? When do they even start sending out offer?
    Good Luck!
    Haven't got an offer yet and i have no idea when they start sending them off.
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation for ESPS assessment day in January.. does anyone one know how many people are invited to this, what's the percentage of people that get in after attending the assessment day (and taking the TSA UCL) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CZephyr)
    tehe thanks
    I am an international applicant too from NZ!
    Nope, I didn't even have to fill in the questionnaire was was rather strange. I also DID NOT really expect an offer so soon either so I guess I am really.. over the moon. hahaha
    I don't actually know what my conditions are yet! I just received an email from UCL saying that they have recommended an offer to be made through UCAS. But I gather it will be something like 666 at HL (I don't do A levels, hehe I am an IB applicant)
    oh whoa you're from NZ!! what a beautiful place I wanna visit it sooooooooo much!
    hmm...666 is like AAA i guess. anyway, i'm sure I'll send in the application within this month. can't wait any longer

ReputationRep:
    Just find out the 'reason' why I got rejected:
    Competition for places on L100 is severe; each year we receive
    approximately 2800 applications for 180 places, with the majority of these
    being from very strong candidates predicted top grades at A Level, or the
    equivalent. Consequently, this pressure on places means that we have to
    disappoint a very large number of capable applicants, and, unfortunately,
    meeting our grade requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will
    be successful.
    Thats not a reason for my rejection specifically, its a reason for giving out little offers -.-
    They didn't tell me why I was rejected. I wish they would give better feedback

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucysisi)
    Congrats!!
    You heard anything back from cambridge or imperial yet?
    nope, not yet. cambridge will only give its reply in Jan, whereas imperial's going to take even longer than that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.