Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    Won't they make the same offer? Surely your insurance should be a uni with lower grades?
    I'm expecting a higher offer from LSE (2 A* and A) but A*AA from UCL .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight-x)
    I'm expecting a higher offer from LSE (2 A* and A) but A*AA from UCL .
    Ah I doubt they'll make an offer higher than A*AA! - seeing as that's been the standard offer thus far.

ReputationRep:
    The wording of the letter is strange

"I intend to recommend that an offer will be made"

WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight-x)
    Finally!! An Offer!!:banana::dance:
    L100 Economics

It's my first offer after waiting for AGESS! Absolutely over the moon! (even though it is my insurance - still hoping for LSE! )

EDIT: at least I think it's an offer - I have to attend open day first!
    Congratulations! When is the open day?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Biomedical Science.

A bit of a blow. I just got rejected today from Oxford and so when I saw the UCAS Track email I was expecting the email to be regarding that. Checked UCAS and boom.

Just not my day.

Best of luck to all applicants. I hope you get in.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an invitation for an open day on February 2nd for L101 Economics (international programme) with the intention of a offer Has anyone else got this date for an open day for economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aminee)
    Just got an invitation for an open day on February 2nd for L101 Economics (international programme) with the intention of a offer Has anyone else got this date for an open day for economics?
    :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    I really hate all you internationals who got a straight offer since they can't attend an open day!

I have an invitation for Linguisics open day on the 6th but since I can't go(live in America) I have to talk to her on the phone January 7th (only time our schedules coincided)

I really wish they didn't want to talk to all the applicants...

She keeps saying that an offer is intended to be made after we speak.. Does that mean I have one??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjaybird33)
    She keeps saying that an offer is intended to be made after we speak.. Does that mean I have one??
    As long as you don't come across as a :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)

WHAT DOES IT MEAN.
    I think it basically means that they want to offer you a place, but it gives them the loop-hole of not actually doing it. But if they've said this then I would take it as good news
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Who has already attended the Mechanical Engineering department interview?

ReputationRep:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN.
    I was told by the admissions tutor at Bath that the uni cannot officially offer you a place, that they can only recommend to UCAS that you get a place, then UCAS give you a place. I got a letter from them after that saying exactly the same thing, then today my UCAS updated with an offer from Bath. So yeah, that's an offer basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04smitht)
    I was told by the admissions tutor at Bath that the uni cannot officially offer you a place, that they can only recommend to UCAS that you get a place, then UCAS give you a place. I got a letter from them after that saying exactly the same thing, then today my UCAS updated with an offer from Bath. So yeah, that's an offer basically.
    Nice, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by synvilla)
    Last year I got rejected from LSE, UCL, Durham, Edinburgh and Cambridge :facepalm:
    I got lovely feedback from Cambridge post-interview while LSE said my PS was rubbish, Durham said my grades were rubbish and UCL said my subject choices were rubbish... :rolleyes: I was too ashamed to ask Edinburgh for feedback.

I hope this will make you feel a little bit better, you allready have an offer so there's no way you can fail to my level
    Aww, that's so nice of you to say, thankyou
    Clearly you had some pretty bad advice from your school when applying last year, because you only applied to universities in the top ten by the looks of it. There is absolutely no shame in not getting offers from them, considering they're hugely oversubscribed!

ReputationRep:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN.
    Maths department? It means that they will eventually make an offer, just for some reason seems to take a while. They also seem to prefer that people at least agree to visit the department before making an offer - I got my offer today, about a week after arranging to go to the open day. I was under the impression I'd have to wait until afterwards, but apparently not. I'm pretty sure it means you'll get an offer

Course: MSci Maths with Economics

Very happy, still hoping for LSE, but am really keen on UCL all the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwilightKnight)
    Rejected for Biomedical Science.

A bit of a blow. I just got rejected today from Oxford and so when I saw the UCAS Track email I was expecting the email to be regarding that. Checked UCAS and boom.

Just not my day.

Best of luck to all applicants. I hope you get in.
    Awwwh, that's really sad, poor you. *sends waves of sympathy* I hope you get an offer from one of your other choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24craigour)
    Just find out the 'reason' why I got rejected:
    Competition for places on L100 is severe; each year we receive
    approximately 2800 applications for 180 places, with the majority of these
    being from very strong candidates predicted top grades at A Level, or the
    equivalent. Consequently, this pressure on places means that we have to
    disappoint a very large number of capable applicants, and, unfortunately,
    meeting our grade requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will
    be successful.
    Thats not a reason for my rejection specifically, its a reason for giving out little offers -.-
    They didn't tell me why I was rejected. I wish they would give better feedback
    I think what they are trying to say is that you didn't stand out among the 2800 applicants. But not getting proper feedback is frustrating, I agree. On the other hand, giving feedback to 2620 applicants every year sounds tedious so the response is understandable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arvindammanath)
    my grades are AAAB.. maths, physics, chemistry, bio (respectivly)

how about u?
    I do the IB - 777 at Higher Level (Maths,Chem and Bio) predicted. I guess it is equivalent to your A* in A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking just statistics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pod!)
    Congratulations! When is the open day?
    Of the top of my head, Feb 2nd

Which is the day after my Jan exams.. so its good!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.