Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Of October, which is only two weeks from today! As in acknowledgment? No, I didn't receive an acknowledgment from UCL beforehand. I didn't know they received my application until they emailed me today, inviting me for an interview. My application was sent on the 29th btw.
    The course I have applied to says that they want an interview and I sent my on 30th. It might be different departments then that how they reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    The course I have applied to says that they want an interview and I sent my on 30th. It might be different departments then that how they reply
    Which subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Which subject are you applying to?
    Statistics, Economics and Finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    so surprised you are not applying to LSE?! :O
    haha how come?
    It's never really interested me, I'm not sure why

ReputationRep:
    Username: Krillin
    Course: Law
    Planned Entry: 2011

ReputationRep:
    Username: Connhk
    Course: Economics, Business and Eastern European Studies

ReputationRep:
    Username: sylvie92
    Course: Philosophy and Economics

ReputationRep:
    Username: Revolutionnaire
    Course: French and Russian + Politics and Eastern European Studies

ReputationRep:
    I just got an e-mail this morning telling me that I should have gotten an acknowledgement e-mail on the 2nd of October and that I should reply asap as they wanted to know which Joint Honours courses I wanted to study. Only problem is, I really did not get it at all. So now, I'm just plain worried. I checked my spam folder, too, and nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    I just got an e-mail this morning telling me that I should have gotten an acknowledgement e-mail on the 2nd of October and that I should reply asap as they wanted to know which Joint Honours courses I wanted to study. Only problem is, I really did not get it at all. So now, I'm just plain worried. I checked my spam folder, too, and nothing.
    That's weird :/
    In your application on UCAS, in the Further Details bit, did you put down which subjects you were wanting to study for the RY00? For example, my R000 Further Details says GermanRussian.

If you didn't do this they need to know soon otherwise they'll ignore your application. Just reply to the email saying that you didn't receive it and that you're sorry for any delay. UCL tend to be quite good, I left it til quite late to accept my interview, and they didn't mind. Just get it done asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBeesley)
    That's weird :/
    In your application on UCAS, in the Further Details bit, did you put down which subjects you were wanting to study for the RY00? For example, my R000 Further Details says GermanRussian.

If you didn't do this they need to know soon otherwise they'll ignore your application. Just reply to the email saying that you didn't receive it and that you're sorry for any delay. UCL tend to be quite good, I left it til quite late to accept my interview, and they didn't mind. Just get it done asap
    Thanks for the info! I definitely replied as soon as I got it and apologised for not having replied sooner. I also asked if they could re-send the e-mail, in case it had any important information as my other acknowledgement e-mails have. I am pretty sure that I did put that in my Further Details but perhaps they wanted to make sure? Anyway, I am just hoping my e-mail server won't be blocking their e-mails for any other future ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Further Details
    Sorry to interrupt, might sound really dumb now, but WHERE was the Further Details section on UCAS? or was it only at some subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    Sorry to interrupt, might sound really dumb now, but WHERE was the Further Details section on UCAS? or was it only at some subjects?
    In Apply section, it was down at the page with your name, address and stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    In Apply section, it was down at the page with your name, address and stuff like that
    A proč mi nikdo neřek že se tam něco má psát!?

ReputationRep:
    A proč mi nikdo neřek že se tam něco má psát!?
    Počkej, to je ta sekce, kam vkládáš fee code, jestli jseš postižená, jaká je tvá národnost a jak ti dopadly IELTSy. Ve skutečnosti většinu věcí z toho nemusíš vyplnit

(For anyone not speaking Czech: BeritV seemed surprised about filling in the Further Details sections, so I explained to her what the section entails and that the majority of it can be left blank.)

ReputationRep:
    Počkej, to je ta sekce, kam vkládáš fee code, jestli jseš postižená, jaká je tvá národnost a jak ti dopadly IELTSy. Ve skutečnosti většinu věcí z toho nemusíš vyplnit

(For anyone not speaking Czech: BeritV seemed surprised about filling in the Further Details sections, so I explained to her what the section entails and that the majority of it can be left blank.)
    Sakra tak já už fakt nevim.... UCAS mě tak štve, připadám si díky němu úplně ale úplně blbá. :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    Sakra tak já už fakt nevim.... UCAS mě tak štve, připadám si díky němu úplně ale úplně blbá. :stomp:
    Jestli tě to potěší, tak i když ten fee code vyplníš blbě, tak ti to nezabrání v půjčce, jen budeš mít žádost komplikovanější.

(A já nejspíš taky, páč jsem teda napsala univerzitám, že ho mám blbě a z Oxfordu mi přišlo, ať si zavolám na UCAS, aby mi to změnili kvůli zjednodušení žádosti o půjčku - kde mi předtím samozřejmě řekli, že s mou přihláškou už nic dělat nemohou! A ne, nehodlám tam volat znovu dvě hodiny.)

ReputationRep:
    Jestli tě to potěší, tak i když ten fee code vyplníš blbě, tak ti to nezabrání v půjčce, jen budeš mít žádost komplikovanější.

(A já nejspíš taky, páč jsem teda napsala univerzitám, že ho mám blbě a z Oxfordu mi přišlo, ať si zavolám na UCAS, aby mi to změnili kvůli zjednodušení žádosti o půjčku - kde mi předtím samozřejmě řekli, že s mou přihláškou už nic dělat nemohou! A ne, nehodlám tam volat znovu dvě hodiny.)
    Kdes to zjistila že to nezabrání? Super, ulevilo se mi.

ReputationRep:
    Kdes to zjistila že to nezabrání? Super, ulevilo se mi.
    Myslím, že mi to napsal přímo Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Myslím, že mi to napsal přímo Oxford.
    Thank god, thank god.
    Now back to English, so that the others don't kill us

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.